Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Vrab hearing

Go down

Vrab hearing Empty Re: Vrab hearing

Post by Steelgunner on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 18:12

Date of application: February 12, 2016

Date of Hearing: September 18, 2019

That’s 3 years, 6 months, 25 days.  That’s great service VAC

My case has gone through 4 different lawyers to date. I kept on calling, emailing and now today I got a message that it will finally be heard.   It’s beyond a kick in the nuts even if it’s a positive or negative outcome.  I checked the Bureau Of Pensions Advocates website and it list 23 staff and one director.  

No wonder it’s backlogged like VAV, unacceptable and we as Veterans have to put up with it.  I guess there strategy is take so long we either die, go away, or withdraw case.

It’s beyond me why senior management in VAC still have a job, no buddy is accountable anymore.  Where they ever accountable?

Steelgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2017-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 12:02

No, being a consequential claim, should only affects the entitlement, which should have been 4/5ths. The rest of the process should the same. But with VAC , what should happen, is not always what does happen.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbrook on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 11:56

BTW this was a consequential claim . Whether that's makes a difference I don't know and thanks Big Rex and Propat for your responses

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 11:21

This is just another step, in what can be a very long process. Now that VRAB has confirmed that there is an entitlement, VAC may look at your initial medical questionnaire, to determine at what level the disability will be paid at, or depending how long the appeal process took, request that a new questionnaire be completed. So getting a final answer from VAC, could take another several months, because of the huge backlog in claims. Then, once they decide on the actual %, you will be allowed to decide if you want to take the new PFL monthly pension, or a one time lump sum.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 10:43

there is still more they are sending statement of case comes first and on its own . congrats by the way . that info was sent to another bunch they figure it all out and send you three more letters all arriving at once . the VRAB DP/DA , financial worksheet and direct deposit letter .there is still an option for lump sum however I think you automatically go on monthly and have to phone in to request a lump sum after 1st april . as for how they determine % that's a big complicated question . without any info all I can say in the simplest way …. depends on the disability and severity of it.

hope this helps

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Vrab hearing Empty Positive VRAB Results

Post by Bigbrook on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 08:43

I have won my VRAB appeal which is great. However, the notice ( Statement of Case )that tells that I was successful does not state anything regarding percentage but only states 5 fifths. Can anyone tell me what happens next and who and how a percentage is determined? Also, now with the PFL and the start of monthly payments ,is there still an option for lump sum payment

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbrook on Fri 03 May 2019, 09:17

If the member has a good and not just "THINK" they have a good case, then they are very likely to be successful. This is my opinion and no doubt others have different opinions

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 03 May 2019, 09:06

Bigbrook wrote:Had a VRAB hearing yesterday. It was my 3rd hearing over the years and both previous hearings were successful. Yesterdays hearing, whether successful or not, went very well and there was no doubt in my mind that all participants including the board members and my legal rep were on my side and there to help. It was stressful but at the same time comforting to feel that I was being supported in my case. Now its a wait and see. I post this as often the VRAB gets , in my opinion, a bad rap sometimes and I feel that when a good rap is warranted it should also be posted . This may help others in future VRAB dealings
I don`t know how recent they are but there are stats out their that show how many cases VRAB tries and the success rate of each subsequent hearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbrook on Fri 03 May 2019, 07:43

Had a VRAB hearing yesterday. It was my 3rd hearing over the years and both previous hearings were successful. Yesterdays hearing, whether successful or not, went very well and there was no doubt in my mind that all participants including the board members and my legal rep were on my side and there to help. It was stressful but at the same time comforting to feel that I was being supported in my case. Now its a wait and see. I post this as often the VRAB gets , in my opinion, a bad rap sometimes and I feel that when a good rap is warranted it should also be posted . This may help others in future VRAB dealings

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 02 May 2019, 18:18

Even if they base the decision on the original paperwork, you can request a reassessment, if you feel the condition has gotten worse over the last few years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Thu 02 May 2019, 13:22

Sleeping Dog wrote:
bigrex wrote:he replied in the other thread, that it was successful.
today is my 6th week...nothing, I'll wait 8 before I phone.

My hearing was 22 March. Approved 29 April. Hopefully yours gets sorted sooner than later.

Now, as it was an appeal for a denied initial claim, do they process the paperwork of the original claim or do I have to do the doctors paperwork all over again?

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 02 May 2019, 08:24

bigrex wrote:he replied in the other thread, that it was successful.
today is my 6th week...nothing, I'll wait 8 before I phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 01 May 2019, 23:49

he replied in the other thread, that it was successful.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 01 May 2019, 23:46

Rustytheviking wrote:So I had my meeting this morning. I have been so stressed out about this the last few months. Got there, the lawyer was good and had a plan of attack. Went in and I didn’t have to answer any questions. It almost felt like the board members agreed with my lawyer. It was a surreal experience for sure. Took less than 20 minutes as well. Hopefully that bodes well for the decision.
out come good or bad?

Back to top Go down

Vrab hearing Empty Vrab hearing

Post by Rustytheviking on Fri 22 Mar 2019, 17:11

So I had my meeting this morning. I have been so stressed out about this the last few months. Got there, the lawyer was good and had a plan of attack. Went in and I didn’t have to answer any questions. It almost felt like the board members agreed with my lawyer. It was a surreal experience for sure. Took less than 20 minutes as well. Hopefully that bodes well for the decision.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down