Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team -Comments on latest conflicts.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team -Comments on latest conflicts. Empty Re: Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team -Comments on latest conflicts.

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 19:29

I intend on propat, bigrex's comment was my reasurance i could trust him and bruce's comments gave him the okay in my book. Buddy you have always been two thumbs up.
Im here to be good ive mastered the are of propaganda threw trial and error and learned how to calmly express
My point of view. Im probably just here for the election we will see. Would like to do that under wildthing, but will do it under another username and email if necessary. Got alot to offer when ever you get the ball rolling. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team -Comments on latest conflicts. Empty Re: Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team -Comments on latest conflicts.

Post by bigrex on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 19:26

Guest wrote:Just thinking here, two of the most respected people in CSAT think I am a troll and a troll isn't good.
I will do the honorable thing and leave I am not welcome. I am not feeling right about even sharing my opinion. All-T-Best!
Nobody called you a troll. We just said that it was suspicious that we've had one individual create several accounts, just to turn around and delete them, even though he obviously wanted to keep participating in the conversation, and in the last 48 hours, we've had several new profiles, that only seem to have been created, to act as this guys hype men, and then delete themselves, even if there wasn't any push back against them directly. 

But as I warned, anyone who deletes their account, after only a few posts, are going to have their posts deleted. If you want to honestly participate on the site, feel free, but stick around longer than a day, and prove that you are not a troll.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 19:12

hey wildthing welcome back buds . been way too long . now you be good now LMAO.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 18:51

Guest wrote:Just thinking here, two of the most respected people in CSAT think I am a troll and a troll isn't good.
I will do the honorable thing and leave I am not welcome. I am not feeling right about even sharing my opinion. All-T-Best!
not to be a dick...but why even post this, unless you’re looking for a rebuttal.?

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 18:30

Comments wrote:
By the Bay wrote:
Comments wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
bigrex wrote:Welcome to the forums. I agree that "guest" might have had some helpful insight into VAC, but he squandered any good will, by chastising other Veterans for questioning VAC, or offering advice, that nobody should be listening to, like treating his PTSD with a bottle of Rum, every day, and then making a dig at Veterans who use Marijuana as treatment, because they get it paid for. Or saying that if a Veteran wasn't told about benefits that they were entitled to, it was their own fault, and not the CM's, because the Veteran should somehow automatically know what benefits are available, and which ones they are entitled to. But since most Veterans are not going to be digging through the legislation, and the VAC website's information is very basic, at best, the Veteran's best source of information should be VAC staff, and it isn't. If this guy truly wanted to help Veterans, he could provide links to Veterans, to helpful articles, or to more in depth information, about the benefits. Or offer them guidance as to what type of language to use, when applying for benefits, to give them a better chance of having them approved. But by trying to belittle them, or act like he and VAC is Gods gift to Veterans, he should have known that there would be push back. Maybe he did, and all he wanted to do was start a confrontation.

And if you have been here for a while, you may remember last year, when a person was claiming to be a Veteran, who discovered the secret to getting any claim approved. But they would not share any details on here, but was going to publish a book, and was asking Veterans to send money to help publish it. But when they were pushed, it was revealed that it was a college age woman, using her grandfathers information, to try to pass as a Veteran, to make money. So when something doesn't sit right with the members here, there is usually a reason for it. Besides, Military Police were usually the biggest A-holes on any given base. Too much power, regardless of rank, and it often went straight to their heads.

I only wish, I could articulate my thoughts this way.

This makes it clear.
Some very valid points. I would like to see a rebuttable from Hamm. MP have a difficult career. They sometimes have to arrest their own.

EVERY soldier and Veteran has had a difficult career not just Military Police and boo hoo if they have to arrest one of their own. If they break the law, slap a pair of hand cuff on them. FYI... No one is above the law. Call me crazy but I'm just wondering if this is just one troll making up multiple profiles and trying to disguise him or herself as other people. It won't be the first time this has happened.

A Military Policeman isn't my idea of a dream career choice.  Now Combat Arms or Marine Engineer would be a young person's dream. Then a gentle remuster to the Airforce and to retire as a Warrant Officer. With the mind and body fit as a fiddle, that would be a dream come true. Lost my presence of mind for a moment, I will not call you crazy, By the Bay that up to your doctor. Then again we may all have something in common. Wacky.
Cheers

My doctor would never call me crazy or wacky but thank you for your passive aggressive comment!
Tread lightly, many veterans here would be offended about the wacky comment!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 18:27

Bigrex before you and bruce go off the handle maybe you understand what i was getting at, and why i didn't and still don't trust the site, but im here for the upcoming election not to ruffle feathers. Bruce been reading your posts im impressed now you understand the way i was and why the anger and suspicion. Anyway you can have me removed or you can take a chance and listen to my opinions in the upcoming election.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 17:26

I had that thought as well. It seems a little suspicious that the only people defending the guy, or talking up his "experience", as if he had imparted some great wisdom over the last week, are also brand new profiles, that have also been deleted. It is weird though, because even as a moderator,who can edit and delete other people's posts, I do not have a way delete my own profile, under the profile tab. I can't even change my username, if I wanted to. Too bad I don't have all of my old admin rights, though, because I could easily see all of their IP addresses, if I had wanted to.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 16:25

Comments wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
bigrex wrote:Welcome to the forums. I agree that "guest" might have had some helpful insight into VAC, but he squandered any good will, by chastising other Veterans for questioning VAC, or offering advice, that nobody should be listening to, like treating his PTSD with a bottle of Rum, every day, and then making a dig at Veterans who use Marijuana as treatment, because they get it paid for. Or saying that if a Veteran wasn't told about benefits that they were entitled to, it was their own fault, and not the CM's, because the Veteran should somehow automatically know what benefits are available, and which ones they are entitled to. But since most Veterans are not going to be digging through the legislation, and the VAC website's information is very basic, at best, the Veteran's best source of information should be VAC staff, and it isn't. If this guy truly wanted to help Veterans, he could provide links to Veterans, to helpful articles, or to more in depth information, about the benefits. Or offer them guidance as to what type of language to use, when applying for benefits, to give them a better chance of having them approved. But by trying to belittle them, or act like he and VAC is Gods gift to Veterans, he should have known that there would be push back. Maybe he did, and all he wanted to do was start a confrontation.

And if you have been here for a while, you may remember last year, when a person was claiming to be a Veteran, who discovered the secret to getting any claim approved. But they would not share any details on here, but was going to publish a book, and was asking Veterans to send money to help publish it. But when they were pushed, it was revealed that it was a college age woman, using her grandfathers information, to try to pass as a Veteran, to make money. So when something doesn't sit right with the members here, there is usually a reason for it. Besides, Military Police were usually the biggest A-holes on any given base. Too much power, regardless of rank, and it often went straight to their heads.

This makes it clear.
Some very valid points. I would like to see a rebuttable from Hamm. MP have a difficult career. They sometimes have to arrest their own.

EVERY soldier and Veteran has had a difficult career not just Military Police and boo hoo if they have to arrest one of their own. If they break the law, slap a pair of hand cuff on them. FYI... No one is above the law. Call me crazy but I'm just wondering if this is just one troll making up multiple profiles and trying to disguise him or herself as other people. It won't be the first time this has happened.
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 15:10

boys until recently we had around a year of quietly just doing our jobs and helping where and when we can . soon enough things will get a little ugly .as before we will get through it as a TEAM .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 15:00

CSAT

Canadian soldiers assistance TEAM

to all those that responded to snowjob or whoever he is . now THAT is TEAMWORK!!!!

GREAT JOB GUYS

don't get me wrong im glad to see his posts . ya see every time someone post stuff that by chance or design pushes GOC rhetoric ya get a pile of responses full of truth and facts . its actually quite helpful to be honest .

good practice as well . as comes an election so will come the trolls.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 14:11

lol, l was debating whether to put the part about “ meat heads” in my posts, but in all my years of serving, I’ve always found MPs arrogant and walking around like their crap didn’t stink, so I guess I’m not alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 14:00

This makes it clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 13:35

Welcome to the forums. I agree that "guest" might have had some helpful insight into VAC, but he squandered any good will, by chastising other Veterans for questioning VAC, or offering advice, that nobody should be listening to, like treating his PTSD with a bottle of Rum, every day, and then making a dig at Veterans who use Marijuana as treatment, because they get it paid for. Or saying that if a Veteran wasn't told about benefits that they were entitled to, it was their own fault, and not the CM's, because the Veteran should somehow automatically know what benefits are available, and which ones they are entitled to. But since most Veterans are not going to be digging through the legislation, and the VAC website's information is very basic, at best, the Veteran's best source of information should be VAC staff, and it isn't. If this guy truly wanted to help Veterans, he could provide links to Veterans, to helpful articles, or to more in depth information, about the benefits. Or offer them guidance as to what type of language to use, when applying for benefits, to give them a better chance of having them approved. But by trying to belittle them, or act like he and VAC is Gods gift to Veterans, he should have known that there would be push back. Maybe he did, and all he wanted to do was start a confrontation.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 13:31

“A wealth of insight!” this is just someone’s opinion. There are many veterans with insight but only a select few with “a wealth of insight” and this guest you’re talking/referring about has yet to prove this. Coming on this site and beating one’s chest is not the way for anyone to get positive recognition and nor is this accomplished by coming across like you know everything. Most can see valuable information/input a person has and it is also easy to discern if a person is humble and is genuinely trying to offer whatever help they can.

To come out with such as bold statement “It is every Veteran's responsibility to understand the system,” is ignorance and arrogance. Perhaps coming down from the lofty perch of a chief’s office with all the resources available, to that available of an average person would have the contrast of night and day. Walking in someone else’s shoes would be fitting as would be……listening.

He goes on to say “Most chose not to read and rely on others,” is just another example of how he knows everything! Many do read and still rely on others……that is what a team does, and there is nothing wrong with that. We are all humans and we make mistakes, we fall and a friend/kind hand, picks us up. I don’t believe this site needs people like this. I couldn’t care if he is a genius, with an attitude the size of PEI, it is better left off this site…….IMO
Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 13:15

I've been a member of CSAT since March of 2013 and I can tell you this. There has been more moronic behaviour on the site over the last 2 months than there has since Christ was a cowboy, and Moses was a boyscout.

I'm guilty of idiot behaviour to, but my idiot behaviour is confined to trying to keep trolls off this site.

If a vet really cares to help, they won't cut and run. Under any circumstances.

I just got off the phone with a member of CSAT. Pinger, we met in France at the Vimy anniversary. It's vets like that, that give a shit. Not the vet who comes on CSAT to critique other vets with 5 minutes knowledge......and I don't give a shit how long you been looking from the bleachers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum