Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1

2 posters

Go down

PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1 Empty Re: PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2019, 14:40

I think it's a good thing that APSC will be tax free soon and that the criteria to qualify for it appears better. For example, I know vets on SISIP till 65 who were never in a rehab program that couldn't access the CIA (APSC), but will have access to it after April 1st.

Back to top Go down

PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1 Empty Re: PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1

Post by bigrex Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:33

It is highly possible, depending on how much the Veteran from other sources, like the IRB. The less taxable income you make, the bigger the difference, those several thousand dollars, will make. So even if you do not notice a huge bump each month, it could make a significant difference, when filing income taxes, starting next year.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2019, 10:53

I could be wrong, but with the CIA becoming the APSC and nontaxable, might we see a bump in income by dropping down a tax bracket?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 20:43

Wildthing wrote:They shorted us tens of thousands on the lumpsum top up, they have a unique way of giving veteran's the shaft
And a whole new way of addition and subtraction.
Lumpsum no lumpsum, liberals and bureaucrats don't impress me much
The way they can spin gold into straw!!!

https://youtu.be/mqFLXayD6e8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 20:25

They shorted us tens of thousands on the lumpsum top up, they have a unique way of giving veteran's the shaft
And a whole new way of addition and subtraction.
Lumpsum no lumpsum, liberals and bureaucrats don't impress me much
The way they can spin gold into straw!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 26 Mar 2019, 19:54

That or, if you have access to online banking, you can always just compare the actual deposits. After all, that is what everyone is really concerned with. How will the in pocket amount, compare to this month?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2019, 19:10

Great advice. Done

Thanks

Back to top Go down

PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1 Empty PENSION FOR LIFE - PRINT SCREEN BENEFITS PRIOR APRIL 1

Post by cosmo12 Tue 26 Mar 2019, 18:37

Good day all;

Just a reminder if it is not already done to do a print screen of you current benefits to compare on April 1 - Vac account will be down from March 27 to March 31.

Good night guys

I really like this forum!! - BIGREX you are full of knowledge thank for what you do.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down