Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

DEC and being approved for CPPD

Go down

DEC and being approved for CPPD Empty Re: DEC and being approved for CPPD

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 13:18

Zodiac wrote:How about the other way around, if you are DEC would you get CPPD or the tax credit?
Today is day two of CVVRS testing for DEC.  Psyc test to follow.  After the sh*t show with My VAC I don't know what to think now.  Very hard to trust a system that wants to keep you in the dark and deny everything.
any medical testing or reports created by VAC dr s can be submitted to CPPD , but how each comes to a decision is pure black magic. DEC deciders sit once or twice a month and decide your fate, CPPD is a minimum 4 months wait in darkness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 13:14

bigrex wrote:Well, according to the transitional policies, that were posted on their website, any applications or assessments, that were still pending on April 1st, would be grandfathered under the Veterans Well Being Act (NVC).
I’ve already retained a lawyer, even if VAC turns admits that l have a DEC now that it’s april, but says “ sorry there is no CIAS anymore”, I will fight it as nothing changed about my condition in 30 days, if anything it has gotten worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:18

How about the other way around, if you are DEC would you get CPPD or the tax credit?
Today is day two of CVVRS testing for DEC.  Psyc test to follow.  After the sh*t show with My VAC I don't know what to think now.  Very hard to trust a system that wants to keep you in the dark and deny everything.

Zodiac
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 10:04

Well, according to the transitional policies, that were posted on their website, any applications or assessments, that were still pending on April 1st, would be grandfathered under the Veterans Well Being Act (NVC).
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 02:23

bigrex wrote:Sleeping Dog, any CIAS applications that were submitted prior to today, will be adjudicated under the old legislation.
I hope so  ,because VAC is sending me for a reassessment/ 2nd opinion by their staff, if those medical professionals agree with those in the community, and then VAC turns around and says " wow,look at the date...by the way we've changed our minds, you are DEC after all " if that negates me from CIAS by some technicality that's pretty low

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 01:48

Sleeping Dog, any CIAS applications that were submitted prior to today, will be adjudicated under the old legislation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 01:33

Bruce72 wrote:There's been some confusion lately about being approved for CPPD and being denied DEC.

This is what I found:

Veteran who:
has been found to be “totally disabled” under CAF-LTD; or
was found eligible for CPP-Disability,
is not automatically considered to have a DEC. Although these programs may provide evidence used as part of a vocational assessment or in lieu of the vocational assessment (see previous paragraph), the Veteran must meet VAC’s criteria for a DEC determination.

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/legislation-policies/policies/document/1971#anchor68072
I don’t think there is confusion, but I am definitely baffled by it as I am in that boat. As others have posted here, being declared disabled by CPPD is way more in-depth a decision than that required by VAC. It’s weird both the GoC and VAC use medical professionals but one board says you will never work again, the other says you’re fine. Personally I think the DEC denial had more to due with the date on the calendar than the injuries. I mean being a month or two shy of April 1 , meant that if the VAC board recommended “ more information required”, that it would and did take me past April 1, so now if they turn around and decide I have a DEC, at least they managed to block me from getting CIAS, l hope they are proud of saving the Gov. $1100 a month, yeah they won!,

Back to top Go down

DEC and being approved for CPPD Empty DEC and being approved for CPPD

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 00:40

There's been some confusion lately about being approved for CPPD and being denied DEC.

This is what I found:

Veteran who:
has been found to be “totally disabled” under CAF-LTD; or
was found eligible for CPP-Disability,
is not automatically considered to have a DEC. Although these programs may provide evidence used as part of a vocational assessment or in lieu of the vocational assessment (see previous paragraph), the Veteran must meet VAC’s criteria for a DEC determination.

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/legislation-policies/policies/document/1971#anchor68072

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum