By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

April LTD Payment Empty Re: April LTD Payment

Post by Consttech on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 09:57

Simplii, formerly Presidents Choice Financial was backed by CIBC but is now owned by CIBC. It’s a virtual bank, no actual branches and therefore no fees or cheaper fees.

I received an email today from my SISIP rep stating that funds were processed and released on the 18th. I’m guessing too late for my bank to process. There was no processing on Friday due to a stat, and they don’t process on the weekends.

So still no funds. I also have a car payment waiting to be processed from Friday and I’m willing to bet that they process the car payment before they process the deposit resulting in a $45 charge. FML

Consttech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Mon 22 Apr 2019, 07:57

In at bmo

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 15:29

eodtech wrote:So...in other words...that's your bank? Financial institution? Just like the other banks?

Not mine, but it is a financial "institution" of sorts. There are no physical branches. Kind of like ING Direct. Simplii is affiliated somehow with CIBC.
Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 15:26

So...in other words...that's your bank? Financial institution? Just like the other banks?

eodtech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 15:22

eodtech wrote:
Consttech wrote:I just spoke with Simplii, they cannot or will not tell me when the funds will be released, but they do NOT process on the weekend.

I have discussed this issue with my bank, my SISIP rep, and the minister of national defence (via email), each just points the finger at the other.

I’ve suggested that payment date of sometime 10 days before the end of the month is ridiculous. It should something like the last Wednesday of the month.

Every other payment that I receive, CF pension, VAC, and Canada disability pension have dates that are set in stone and published in December of the previous year. Why can’t SISIP Ltd be the same? It’s up to the minister of national defence.
Btw...what is 'Simplii'?

It used to be Presidents Choice Financial (Loblaws) Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 15:21

Consttech wrote:I just spoke with Simplii, they cannot or will not tell me when the funds will be released, but they do NOT process on the weekend.

I have discussed this issue with my bank, my SISIP rep, and the minister of national defence (via email), each just points the finger at the other.

I’ve suggested that payment date of sometime 10 days before the end of the month is ridiculous. It should something like the last Wednesday of the month.

Every other payment that I receive, CF pension, VAC, and Canada disability pension have dates that are set in stone and published in December of the previous year. Why can’t SISIP Ltd be the same? It’s up to the minister of national defence.
Btw...what is 'Simplii'?

eodtech
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 15:20

Of course....NOTHING. Today. In TD. Arseholes. You would think they'd have their shit together...It's 2019 FFS...but of course...NO!

eodtech
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:21

I'm with CIBC. This is the first time this has happened for me. The payment day for VAC deposits this month fall on a Monday, but they will be in my account on Saturday. I'm thinking the deposit won't go in because Friday was a holiday. I guess even the computers get a long weekend... Cool

Back to top Go down

April LTD Payment Empty Simplii

Post by Consttech on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 10:58

I just spoke with Simplii, they cannot or will not tell me when the funds will be released, but they do NOT process on the weekend.

Consttech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by devans156 on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 07:56

I deal with TD and in 25 years have never had a deposit on the wknd so Monday or Tuesday

devans156
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 07:43

Nothing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 20:05

Most banks require a human to verify a deposit when it comes across the deposit wire. So if manulife releases the funds late, most branch workers have left for the night. Luckily, Saturday is a normal day for most banks, and should be taken care of by most branches. The unlucky few like credit unions and small branches might have to wait till Tuesday for funds.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next