Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

CPPD Help

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CPPD Help Empty Re: CPPD Help

Post by propat on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 22:54

hey sleeping dog ya kind of like that . don't forget ELB also subtracts mil pension so more like mil pension goes down lets say 300 so your ELB goes up 300 . so given that and your example mil pension down 300 . 1000 CPPD and 1300 from ELB .

LMAO

clear as mud???

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 18:05

Thanks Sleeping Dog.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 17:36

AirLog wrote:Sleeping Dog, First off good to see you are getting CPPD (I think). You never know if at the end of the day you are better off finally or not for getting approved CPPD. I have applied for CPPD (at the request of my LTD provider) and would like to know how easy it was for you to get approved CPPD? Is there anything that I should consider to get approved for CPPD? You can answer by sending a message to my account if you don't want to answer in this open forum. Thanks.

AirLog
some here , suggest to avoid it because of the twists and turns however, if you have kids CPPD awards you money for each where ELB does not, that is why I put in for it, rather than just relying on ELB ( that can end at any moment). As far as what to consider to be approved CPPD, unless our circumstances were exactly the same medically I don`t think I could help. I sent for the CPPD package which was a stack of forms that had to be filled by various authorities. I have a list of injuries head to toe, but that gurantees nothing. I sent everything away , and then it was radio silence, they say wait 4 months before calling them so I did exactly that, about the 5 month mark total, I was told I was disabled. and began the mil pension/vac notification process.

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 13:44

Sleeping Dog, First off good to see you are getting CPPD (I think). You never know if at the end of the day you are better off finally or not for getting approved CPPD. I have applied for CPPD (at the request of my LTD provider) and would like to know how easy it was for you to get approved CPPD? Is there anything that I should consider to get approved for CPPD? You can answer by sending a message to my account if you don't want to answer in this open forum. Thanks.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 12:55

propat wrote:ok buds first you are suppose to notify VAC soon as your finances change . DONT !!! the pension guys are far more professional and just get thing done correctly at least in my experience so start there first and don't spend any of your CPPD money .

frack what you see in the account . you will receive a letter from CPPD with your payments and any back pay . inform the pension guys of this .

they will adjust your mil pension by removing the bridge benefit and in the case of backpay will tell you you owe x amount of dollars .

you pay them first and get the paperwork for that .

now that you have delt with mil pension and have all the paperwork you can now inform VAC id love to add now they cant possibly frack things up but im afraid I cant . what I can say is they are a lot less likely to frack things up.

propat
yeah bigrex told me to to that so thats the way I went, I got a letter in the mail from cPPD saying this is how much we are going to start paying you, so then I phoned mil pension people and told them I am now on cPPD, they asked for a copy of that letter so i sent it to them, and that was all I did so far, I guess the mil pension people will send me back a letter at some point? the first CPPD payment went into bank this month, so I set it aside as I aslo got an ELB payment that was the same as it was every other month, but at the end of the day when all this gets sorted out, is that not how it works that ELB is subtracted dollar for dollar by any other income I take in? So if I was getting normally $2000 a month from ELB and suddenly start getting $1000 a month from CPPD, that in june or whatever my bank account would eventually show ELB $1000 CPPD $1000? ( once I express to vAC that I`m collecting cppd)

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 07:56

ok buds first you are suppose to notify VAC soon as your finances change . DONT !!! the pension guys are far more professional and just get thing done correctly at least in my experience so start there first and don't spend any of your CPPD money .

frack what you see in the account . you will receive a letter from CPPD with your payments and any back pay . inform the pension guys of this .

they will adjust your mil pension by removing the bridge benefit and in the case of backpay will tell you you owe x amount of dollars .

you pay them first and get the paperwork for that .

now that you have delt with mil pension and have all the paperwork you can now inform VAC id love to add now they cant possibly frack things up but im afraid I cant . what I can say is they are a lot less likely to frack things up.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 00:43

Sleeping Dog, if your ELB used to be $2500/ mo, after the CF pension deductions, it would now $2300. because the CF pension deduction would be $300 less ($2800 -$500), You would likely need to submit a new financial disclosure form, telling them what other income you receive, just like you had to do when first applying for ELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 19:12

propat wrote:hey buds bride benefits †only apply to pensions linked to CPP . its an extra benefit added to your pension until you hit 65 if you retire early . if however †you collect CPP/CPPD prior to 65 you will loose this benefit . not sure how this effects your civi pension as they very you will need to contact them about that question .

as for your military pension it is in fact linked to CPP as I believe are all public service pensions so you will have a bridge benefit and you don't loose it until the time you effectively collect CPP/CPPD or you hit age 65. so given my understanding of your situation you have not lost your bridge benefit yet but will very soon .

again its you mil pension that will be reduced by the bridge benefit not the CPPD that remains the same . cant say the amount for sure but as a loose example you may get CPPD at $1000.00 and loose $300.00 off your mil pension.

keep in mind if you get retro back to a citrine date you will need to pay that bridge benefit back from that date on.

hope this helps

propat

this question is being asked by me in another post, but if I keep watching my bank account and letís say in May I see a payment of CPPD which will be new to me, plus a mil pension payment that is now say $300 less than it used to be, how/when do I inform VAC that the ELB payment they are giving me now needs to be reduced, I.e. if my ELB payment is normally $2500 a month and then I suddenly start getting $500 a month CPPD, isnít my ELB supposed to drop to $2000 a month, because you canít double dip, or whatever itís called.?

Last edited by Sleeping Dog on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 12:33; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 12:39

hey buds bride benefits only apply to pensions linked to CPP . its an extra benefit added to your pension until you hit 65 if you retire early . if however you collect CPP/CPPD prior to 65 you will loose this benefit . not sure how this effects your civi pension as they very you will need to contact them about that question .

as for your military pension it is in fact linked to CPP as I believe are all public service pensions so you will have a bridge benefit and you don't loose it until the time you effectively collect CPP/CPPD or you hit age 65. so given my understanding of your situation you have not lost your bridge benefit yet but will very soon .

again its you mil pension that will be reduced by the bridge benefit not the CPPD that remains the same . cant say the amount for sure but as a loose example you may get CPPD at $1000.00 and loose $300.00 off your mil pension.

keep in mind if you get retro back to a citrine date you will need to pay that bridge benefit back from that date on.

hope this helps

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Apr 2019, 19:38

propat wrote:well I have no experience with your situation CPPD will not deduct dollar for dollar if they deduct anything at all . it all depends on the structure †of your pension . if you cannot collect your pension till you are 65 they will not subtract nothing . if you collect prior to age 65 then you may loose your bridge benefit . that will reduce your pension not your CPPD . not sure how much but on $500.00 im guessing around $175.00 .

hope this helps

propat
thx, I thought I was already losing my bridge benefit by the fact that I have a regular medically release pension so now that will become intertwined with CPPD, but the work pension I will eventually be entitled to will be before the age of 65

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Sun 28 Apr 2019, 17:45

well I have no experience with your situation CPPD will not deduct dollar for dollar if they deduct anything at all . it all depends on the structure of your pension . if you cannot collect your pension till you are 65 they will not subtract nothing . if you collect prior to age 65 then you may loose your bridge benefit . that will reduce your pension not your CPPD . not sure how much but on $500.00 im guessing around $175.00 .

hope this helps

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

CPPD Help Empty Hereís a question maybe for those on CPPD...

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Apr 2019, 19:30

I have recently been told I will begin to collect CPPD, l donít know the exact amount yet, but letís use $1000. Prior to being labeled disabled, l held down a civi job long enough to be able to collect a pension from it, though l have to wait years from now as that money is locked in. Letís suppose that pension earned by me will be $500 a month. Fast forward to the date I can now collect said pension, letís say 5 years from now. At that time can/will the CPPD people look at that as earned income, even though I will probably never work again.? I.e. will they say ď oh you are now drawing $500 a month, well we are going to subtract that $500 from the $1000 a month weíve been paying youĒ. On the one hand, if that is what happens, Iím not really out any money as I will still be bringing in a $1000 a month, just from two separate sources, however if thatís how it works, itís kind of a kick in the nuts to have worked towards that pension and end up seeing none of it, and yet, I didnít know I was going to end up fully disabled either. Has anyone else gone through similar.?

Back to top Go down

CPPD Help Empty Question re: multiple payees

Post by Sailor63 on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 16:36

Removing question

Last edited by Sailor63 on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 17:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No response)

Sailor63
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2018-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 08:43

propat wrote:ya im on SISIP and gotta tell ya not a big SISIP fan . im not entirely sure you have to apply for SISIP and given the choice I would not id just apply for ELB/IRB on its own it would pay out the full 90%. if you feel you must apply for SISIP there is nothing stopping you from applying for ELB/IRB at the same time these things take a while so id get the ball rolling .

no slam dunks here as we all know but if you are receiving a PA pension or have received an award † for something and that something was the cause of your medical release and also the reason you can no longer work and will be receiving CPPD your chances of approval would be better than average ,

propat
yes, that is the route I took, my lose of job are due to numerous injuries I obtained in the military that have compounded. I left the civi job entirely and was/am on ELB until last month when I received a letter saying that I was approved for CPPD. I recently mailed that letter to the mil. Pension division, but I had nothing more to do with sisip.
One further question, because I had a job, I did all my medical claims through the blue cross I was paying into at that work place, but this may sound stupid, but maybe Iím NOT the only one who did not know about this, but in all the years I was out, I knew nothing about the coverage federal employees get if they served 10 years in a federal job, the Public Service Health Plan, I think itís called. The whole time I was out I could have been submitting claims to them for dental, glasses, etc and they would have picked up some of the tab that blue cross did not.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Sat 13 Apr 2019, 06:04

ya im on SISIP and gotta tell ya not a big SISIP fan . im not entirely sure you have to apply for SISIP and given the choice I would not id just apply for ELB/IRB on its own it would pay out the full 90%. if you feel you must apply for SISIP there is nothing stopping you from applying for ELB/IRB at the same time these things take a while so id get the ball rolling .

no slam dunks here as we all know but if you are receiving a PA pension or have received an award for something and that something was the cause of your medical release and also the reason you can no longer work and will be receiving CPPD your chances of approval would be better than average ,

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: