Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC and CIAS

+6
derngt
45jim
bigrex
By the Bay
Ppclicaper
Gunner8
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

DEC and CIAS - Page 3 Empty DEC and CIAS

Post by 45jim Mon 13 May 2019, 19:20

Like some here I was approved DEC prior to April 1st and applied for CIA and CIAS prior to April 1st. Both were rejected!

Looking at the Legislation for CIA and DEC its seems an improbable outcome. Called a Legion service officer for assistance with the appeal and I was told I was the fifth to call about the same issue. I wonder if this means a change in the adjudication of our fading CIA and CIAS benefit? Running out our appeals?

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

DEC and CIAS - Page 3 Empty Re: DEC and CIAS

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2019, 09:44

By the Bay wrote:
bigrex wrote:I don't know, based on your avatar, you seem to like otters. She could be Otter, your fur daughter.

😂😂😂 I really do ❤️ Otters and just like an Otter, Golden Retrievers love water as well...Darn it...ok so now it's Gracie, Luna, Bella, Pippin, and Otter...

Glad to hear you got spoiled. I like all your choices, but I tend to favour Bella...

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 13 May 2019, 01:53

bigrex wrote:I don't know, based on your avatar, you seem to like otters. She could be Otter, your fur daughter.

😂😂😂 I really do ❤️ Otters and just like an Otter, Golden Retrievers love water as well...Darn it...ok so now it's Gracie, Luna, Bella, Pippin, and Otter...
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 13 May 2019, 00:57

I don't know, based on your avatar, you seem to like otters. She could be Otter, your fur daughter.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sun 12 May 2019, 22:18

Justagrrl wrote:
bigrex wrote:it's because they probably only had an average of a couple dozen applications pending at any given time, until veterans started to realize that the CIAS was being eliminated, but would be grandfathered. So that few dozen applications, probably exploded to a few hundred, in the last several months, trying to beat the deadline, creating a huge backlog.

Ooops! I guess I forgot to log out.  I'm willing to bet that's the case as well. BigRex.
@Gunner...grab an oar (and a beer) and start paddling!
@ByTheBay...Happy Mothers Day! (if it applies)

Cool

Thank you, Justagrrl!
Yes, I am a Mama!☺️ I was alittle spoiled today. My two sons surprized me with a Golden Retriever puppy for Mother's Day!
OMG!!!! She is so fluffy and cute! I can't decided on her name though...So far, I've come up with Gracie, Luna, Bella or Pippin.
Which one do you like best? Maybe I should take a poll! 😂
Happy Mother's Day to you too! (If it applies as well) 😄

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2019, 09:03

bigrex wrote:it's because they probably only had an average of a couple dozen applications pending at any given time, until veterans started to realize that the CIAS was being eliminated, but would be grandfathered. So that few dozen applications, probably exploded to a few hundred, in the last several months, trying to beat the deadline, creating a huge backlog.

Ooops! I guess I forgot to log out. I'm willing to bet that's the case as well. BigRex.
@Gunner...grab an oar (and a beer) and start paddling!
@ByTheBay...Happy Mothers Day! (if it applies)

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 11 May 2019, 16:48

it's because they probably only had an average of a couple dozen applications pending at any given time, until veterans started to realize that the CIAS was being eliminated, but would be grandfathered. So that few dozen applications, probably exploded to a few hundred, in the last several months, trying to beat the deadline, creating a huge backlog.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Sat 11 May 2019, 11:50

Yes I got a letter from my Cm stating I was Dec. just wondering why the CIAS is taking so long. I guess I’m not the only one in this boat. Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sat 11 May 2019, 09:42

Gunner8 wrote:Anyone else get approved DEC in March just before the April 1 deadline? If so, have you gotten CIAS yet?

I applied DeC and CIAS ON FEBRUARY 20, been on step 3 since early March, my CM told me I was approved. But still no letter or anything about any of it.

Gunner

Hi Gunner8,

Dec approval letters are sent to you by your CM therefore you should request a copy of your DEC approval letter for your records. I'm always requesting copies of documents that flows through VAC with my name on it.

Cheers,

By the Bay

By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 May 2019, 08:50

Same here. Approved DEC in March. When I called in the first time, I was told "hopefully" first week of May. The last time I called in, I was told they are working on January files. My application hasn't yet shown up in on the MyVacAccount site.

Beer tastes good tho! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Fri 10 May 2019, 17:15

I am the same . Applied Dec / CIAS on Feb 20 2019. Received favourable DEC in March 2019 . Same also in regards to CM saying approved. Same also going onto week 12 as the wait tool says 5 weeks. Called the call Center yesterday and it was stated they are working on files from End January 2019.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

DEC and CIAS - Page 3 Empty DEC and CIAS

Post by Gunner8 Fri 10 May 2019, 16:37

Anyone else get approved DEC in March just before the April 1 deadline? If so, have you gotten CIAS yet?

I applied DeC and CIAS ON FEBRUARY 20, been on step 3 since early March, my CM told me I was approved. But still no letter or anything about any of it.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3