Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC excessive increase in response time

+11
doomed78
propat
bulldozer
Gunner8
Unknown Soldier
Ppclicaper
daverobitaille@rogers.com
cdnnavy77
Nemo
johnny211
Iceman
15 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time - Page 3 Empty Re: VAC excessive increase in response time

Post by derngt Tue 23 Jul 2019, 10:46

cdnnavy77 wrote:DERNGT.  Were you a first application CIA, or a Review of level CIA? thanks in advance
Review of CIA and new CIAS application when I was approved DEC

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time - Page 3 Empty Re: VAC excessive increase in response time

Post by cdnnavy77 Tue 23 Jul 2019, 10:40

DERNGT. Were you a first application CIA, or a Review of level CIA? thanks in advance

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Tue 23 Jul 2019, 08:53

MikeCeeGB wrote:They have been saying February for the last 3 months. I was dec on 25 Feb and put in my CIA review and CIAS application the same day.
I don’t know why they lie.

Mine went in 8 March approved two weeks ago..I also complained to Veterans Ombudsmen...

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeCeeGB Tue 23 Jul 2019, 07:14

They have been saying February for the last 3 months. I was dec on 25 Feb and put in my CIA review and CIAS application the same day.
I don’t know why they lie.

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time - Page 3 Empty october

Post by cdnnavy77 Mon 22 Jul 2019, 16:13

Ok, well at least I can put it on the backburner.

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jul 2019, 12:50

cdnnavy77 wrote:I called today and was told that they are still processing first CIA applications for February.  She told me that it would be a few weeks before they reach mine, which  has a  March  8th application date.  I thought people with march application dates have been completed already?

Fasten your seat belt... I called last Friday and was told since I am near end March and since there are so many applications, HOPEFULLY sometime October.

It took all I had to wish her a nice weekend and disconnect the call...

Back to top Go down

VAC excessive increase in response time - Page 3 Empty wait times

Post by cdnnavy77 Mon 22 Jul 2019, 12:44

I called today and was told that they are still processing first CIA applications for February. She told me that it would be a few weeks before they reach mine, which has a March 8th application date. I thought people with march application dates have been completed already?

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Wed 10 Jul 2019, 14:29

13 years and medically released. CM put in paperwork for CIA , it was awarded level 3. Than afterwards DEC designation was awarded. CM put in for CIA review and CIAS. CIA increased to level 2 and CIAS was awarded.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Wed 10 Jul 2019, 13:50

Ppclicaper wrote:Thanks justagrrl 🙂.  Both applications were approved and backdated to when I was deemed DEC. I wish you luck .

How many years did you serve..Did you CIA goto 2

derngt
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2019, 10:51

Ppclicaper wrote:My applications showed up almost immediately on Myvac account after I applied at step 3. Like 2-3 days to show up. My decision was awarded on the 3rd .. I only noticed due to payment changes on myvac account. This morning I recieved the decision letters and financial worksheets through myvac account.

P.s 100% back pay went to Daughters University. I spent it all at one place 😂

I called and asked why my applications have not yet shown up on MyVacAccount. I applied for CIA and CIAS Review on March 20th. The response I received was "Some show up and some don't. There's nothing else I can tell you."

Has anyone else applied and not had their application show up on their MyVacAccount?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Mon 08 Jul 2019, 18:46

The only worksheet I recieved so far was on myvac and how CIAS affects my IRB calculations etc. This was stated backpay from April 1. The same I believe for CIA 3 months from April 1st. This worksheet has been mailed out . MYvac account payments / backpay reflects only 3 months. April May June ... not feb or march

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Mon 08 Jul 2019, 17:20

Ppclicaliper, did u get backpay dated back to February for both cia and CIAS?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Mon 08 Jul 2019, 15:25

When I applied for CIAS application and CIA review , my CM also put in for my original PA pension to be reviewed as I had no contact with sisip or VAC for 13 years , it was only when the courts got involved is when VAC found out my real life situation. Is why all my applications were submitted at once approved and follow up applications DEC , CIA review etc as 1 application led to another as we all know. I was told the pension review was well ,, not to held my breath any time soon to hear anything. But regardless of wait times. QOL has been 10 fold now. My only regret this could have been avoided if I had educated myself more on VAC or VAC implemented a meeting with VAC upon medical release to go through everything.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 08 Jul 2019, 15:09

Iceman - hate to be the downer but I have one claim that’s been at stage 3 since July 2018. Yep the system is fracked..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon 08 Jul 2019, 14:38

Justagrrl wrote:
Ppclicaper wrote:Thanks justagrrl 🙂.  Both applications were approved and backdated to when I was deemed DEC. I wish you luck .

Thanks, Ppclicaper!  Quick question:  Did your applications show up in your "MyVacAccount"?  I'm asking because I applied end March and my have yet to show up there.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  Don't spend all your $$ in one place Smile

Cool

just an FYI. i have an application for APSC dated april 1 (because i was an idiot and didn't apply for CIA)
anyways, that application still shows at step 1.
based off of that, they haven't even started to gather information yet
since their average time does not start until all information is gathered, so they can not gather anything for months and still show a low average

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next