Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TINNITUS - REASSESSMENT

+4
Unknown Soldier
propat
45jim
AirLog
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TINNITUS - REASSESSMENT - Page 2 Empty Two-year reassessment

Post by 45jim Thu 06 Jun 2019, 09:42

VAC can only go on the paperwork submitted. At the time of her last audiogram no masking device was required and unless there is a significant or profound change in her condition VAC will not look at it prior to the two year mark. If she was now deemed to have lost all her hearing it would certainly be profound and VAC would certainly reassess.

You can put in the paperwork but I expect VAC to say get a new audiogram in two years stating that a masking device is required and we will reassess at that time.

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

TINNITUS - REASSESSMENT - Page 2 Empty TINNITUS - REASSESSMENT

Post by AirLog Wed 05 Jun 2019, 23:07

I have a Tinnitus question for anyone that has had any experience requesting a review for a masking device.

My wife, who is also a veteran, was approved for her tinnitus claim at 6% in January. Her audiogram was in October 2018. She purchased a white noise device a few years back to mask the loud ringing in her ears to get a better nights sleep but never informed the person conducting the audiogram nor VAC. I advised her that she should have asked, at the time of the audiogram, that she should have told them about the masking device. She recently asked VAC if she could have a review of her condition and they informed her that because it hasn't been two years since her last audiogram she can't have a review. I informed her to book an audiogram, be re-tested, request a masking device and send all to VAC requesting a reconsideration on the % level assigned to her tinnitus claim.

What do you think of this and most importantly what would your advice be?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2