Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blame Game

3 posters

Go down

The Blame Game Empty Re: The Blame Game

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 08 Jul 2019, 22:20

bigrex wrote:Yes, but veterans being compensated for those prolonged wait times, is better than waiting a year or two, and NOT getting compensated.
 but that just brings us full circle , I'm 15 months into a wait on a claim, but I have a roof over my head and gurantee food in my fridge, im not going anywhere. but telling a first time applicant who has nothing, that they should just stick it out for another 2 years and " maybe" they'll be a positive result,just doesnt wash with many,especially if they are transient,VAC has to figure out a way to trim the wait time fat,and hiring more employees isnt seeming to help,as they need time to be trained etc. White washing a slew of claims might seem like blasphemy to some but its getting beyond ridiculous ,even with back pay incentives
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Jul 2019, 20:06

Yes, but veterans being compensated for those prolonged wait times, is better than waiting a year or two, and NOT getting compensated.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 08 Jul 2019, 18:56

bigrex wrote:The only way to truly wipe the slate clean, per say, is to approve every application that is currently pending. But I can never see that happening.

Another option, on approved claims, would be to pay an additional .5% for every week, that is beyond the 16 week timeline. So if you have a Veteran who has to wait 40 weeks, to get a disability assessed at 30%, you would get the 30 as PFL or LSA, PLUS an extra lump sum payment equalling 12% ( $374,169 x 12% = $44900). This additional award, would not count towards the 100% limit. After payng tens of millions of dollars, in additional awards, VAC leadership would make sure that decisions are made much sooner. Otherwise there is no incentive, or repercussions, for screwing over Veterans.
that is one way, I guess, but l don’t think offering even more money to a veteran if they can just “ hang on”, is a good strategy, l mean even if VAC employees are put under the gun to meet a deadline or they are going to cost their employer even more money is irrelevant if there is still not enough employees to handle the back log. I mean, there are rapists who get away in court because, their trial did not come before the courts in a reasonable amount of time, and a lawyer gets them off. But a veteran who waits 2 years + for the answer to a claim ( which even then is not always favourable) is just expected to suck it up. I bet most of us here are getting by on previous pensions,funds,claims,spouses jobs etc , but I feel bad for the veterans you run into and they are on the skids with a host of problems, you get them to a Legion and get all the paperwork in and then VAC expects them to continue keeping their head above water for the next 18 months, some just can’t. If I’m not mistaken, l think it’s only a PTSD claim where VAC gives the veteran I think 10% up front, but I don’t know how long it takes to receive that, and if the disability is higher, say another 30% , the veteran must wait who knows another 45 weeks + as their claim just drops into the bucket with everyone else’s.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Jul 2019, 18:38

The only way to truly wipe the slate clean, per say, is to approve every application that is currently pending. But I can never see that happening.

Another option, on approved claims, would be to pay an additional .5% for every week, that is beyond the 16 week timeline. So if you have a Veteran who has to wait 40 weeks, to get a disability assessed at 30%, you would get the 30 as PFL or LSA, PLUS an extra lump sum payment equalling 12% ( $374,169 x 12% = $44900). This additional award, would not count towards the 100% limit. After payng tens of millions of dollars, in additional awards, VAC leadership would make sure that decisions are made much sooner. Otherwise there is no incentive, or repercussions, for screwing over Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 07 Jul 2019, 14:58

By the Bay wrote:Today's contestant on The Blame Game....Veterans Affairs Canada

It's a darn shame they can't get their sh*# together!

https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2019/07/03/average-vet-faces-32-week-wait-for-benefits-decision-double-government-target-2/#.XSIplBNE2hC

Cheers,

By the Bay
l know this is just a layman's answer ,but why dont they just clear the books and start from scratch, vowing to never get so far behind again. I mean already as it is,the NVC dont get what the PA vets get, and the PFL vets are not going to get what the other two have received so,why worry about vets complaining that there claim is being handled in 2020 while everyone in 2019 got a pass. You're never going to please everyone
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

The Blame Game Empty The Blame Game

Post by By the Bay Sun 07 Jul 2019, 13:47

Today's contestant on The Blame Game....Veterans Affairs Canada

It's a darn shame they can't get their sh*# together!

https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2019/07/03/average-vet-faces-32-week-wait-for-benefits-decision-double-government-target-2/#.XSIplBNE2hC

Cheers,

By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down