Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal wait times

2 posters

Go down

Appeal wait times Empty Re: Appeal wait times

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 10 Aug 2019, 07:01

bigrex wrote:It's definitely not a quick process. My last claim took around 7 years from when I submitted it, for it to go through the entire appeal process, including a special reconsideration after the change to the entitlement policy.
yes , but I’m sure that is not the average, yours was probably a special case.?, what about standard veteran disagreement with out comes that require a board to have a 2nd look, I’m ok with a 3 month wait, but I’m not keen on “ limbo”, l mean if it was a real court case it would be thrown out in my favour for it not being brought before a judge in a reasonable amount of time.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 10 Aug 2019, 03:06

It's definitely not a quick process. My last claim took around 7 years from when I submitted it, for it to go through the entire appeal process, including a special reconsideration after the change to the entitlement policy.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Appeal wait times Empty Appeal wait times

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 10 Aug 2019, 00:37

I just got an appeal letter that states “expect an outcome in 12 weeks.”, are appeals basically bang on with decision times, or are they like disability claims where they say 16 weeks but it’s really four times that.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down