Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen Valor

3 posters

Go down

Stolen Valor  Empty Re: Stolen Valor

Post by AirLog Mon 23 Nov 2020, 09:59

Well said Reddick. Everyone should always look out for one another and always give the benefit of the doubt. Never judge only assist.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 23 Nov 2020, 09:35

AirLog wrote:In my humble opinion, the military made an administrative error. It happens. Not the first time and definitely not the last. His record has been corrected and the medal will be given back to DHH. End of story. I don't see any Stolen Valour here. Any ill will between these two individuals shouldn't be made out to be stolen valour. All the best to Mr. Bedard and as for the person or persons talking him down well, they should be very concern about defamation of character. This story should end with the letter from DHH that Mr. Bedard posted.

AirLog

I agree with both of you (Airlog and Unknown Soldier)

Like many, I/we don't have all the information. I brought this up for really one reason and like Unknown Soldier.....it is more the in-fighting. I don't see stolen valor, but that was the heading I read it under. I wanted to point out, that although I don't like the guy, I don't believe he deserved this, and even though I/we don't like someone, we should be able to look beyond. Many of us have been through crap and shit that has changed us forever, but I don't believe we should stab one another in the back. There is enough negative in this world and we should look out for one another when we can.

Thanks for your input,

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Mon 23 Nov 2020, 09:14

In my humble opinion, the military made an administrative error. It happens. Not the first time and definitely not the last. His record has been corrected and the medal will be given back to DHH. End of story. I don't see any Stolen Valour here. Any ill will between these two individuals shouldn't be made out to be stolen valour. All the best to Mr. Bedard and as for the person or persons talking him down well, they should be very concern about defamation of character. This story should end with the letter from DHH that Mr. Bedard posted.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 22 Nov 2020, 21:19

Riddick wrote:Here is a situation that can evoke various opinions and at the risk of creating animosity (not my intent). I am going to voice my opinion....because I believe it is the right thing to do.

A fellow veteran is having issues and being called out for a medal, a select few claim is "stolen Valor."  Pls read attached link

https://onecalgaryvoter.com/2020/11/20/veteran-harassment/?fbclid=IwAR3Z8t-3Rq3pQNJ8_ET9ep9DNiwp9LnL0u1MECDeCkH1Gi5VYH20Z8GE-68

In short, this is my take on things....but I am ignorant to many facts, so I call on those who know and can possibly set the record straight.

Aaron Bedard claims he is a retired Cpl....which I have no reason not to believe. He and some colleagues formed the "Equitas Society" and became veteran advocates fighting for change and fairness against our government.  This was admirable and appreciated my many, including myself.  Unfortunately the courts and government snubbed them and refused to even listen to them and denied any sacred obligation.  Mr. Bedard, went on to create a group on FaceBook, called Guerilla Radio.  I joined the group for a short while.  I challenged Mr. Bedard a few times, as I disagreed how he was going about doing things.  To me, he looked like he had a different agenda compared to what he was leading others to believe (IMO).  He was travelling back and forth from the west coast to Ottawa and became larger than life rather quickly, even going fishing with MP John Brassard because that is how he would "recharge his batteries."

My point of all this is; despite not liking the guy, I believe he does not deserve this backstabbing (pls read the article if you haven't).  He is a fellow vet, and although I disagree with his methods and how he went about advocating, I, for one will back him up!  If anyone knows of the situation and or could shed some light/enlighten me/us, it will be appreciated.

Riddick
like you, l don’t have all the details my give a fuck factor is really low on this except for all the veteran against veteran warring it’s causing ( which VAC must be just drooling over). When l first read mr. Bedards posts, l thought “oh no, Stolen Valor has really over stepped their boundaries this time ( as they have been wrong before). But then about a week later I watched a video put out by mike Blaise , and what I got from that, if I understood him correctly was that mr. bedard wrote a letter to the government or whoever stating that he felt he should be entitled to that metal. Someone at HQ, fucked up and actually awarded it to mr. bedard so he felt because he got it in the mail he’s allowed to wear it. But if this is what happened, it all began with the writing of the letter, l mean if this was a murder case, it would have shown premeditation. Anyway, as I said , I could give a fuck, but it’s apparent that both these men don’t like each other so who knows what to believe, lol.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:19

Here is a situation that can evoke various opinions and at the risk of creating animosity (not my intent). I am going to voice my opinion....because I believe it is the right thing to do.

A fellow veteran is having issues and being called out for a medal, a select few claim is "stolen Valor." Pls read attached link

https://onecalgaryvoter.com/2020/11/20/veteran-harassment/?fbclid=IwAR3Z8t-3Rq3pQNJ8_ET9ep9DNiwp9LnL0u1MECDeCkH1Gi5VYH20Z8GE-68

In short, this is my take on things....but I am ignorant to many facts, so I call on those who know and can possibly set the record straight.

Aaron Bedard claims he is a retired Cpl....which I have no reason not to believe. He and some colleagues formed the "Equitas Society" and became veteran advocates fighting for change and fairness against our government. This was admirable and appreciated my many, including myself. Unfortunately the courts and government snubbed them and refused to even listen to them and denied any sacred obligation. Mr. Bedard, went on to create a group on FaceBook, called Guerilla Radio. I joined the group for a short while. I challenged Mr. Bedard a few times, as I disagreed how he was going about doing things. To me, he looked like he had a different agenda compared to what he was leading others to believe (IMO). He was travelling back and forth from the west coast to Ottawa and became larger than life rather quickly, even going fishing with MP John Brassard because that is how he would "recharge his batteries."

My point of all this is; despite not liking the guy, I believe he does not deserve this backstabbing (pls read the article if you haven't). He is a fellow vet, and although I disagree with his methods and how he went about advocating, I, for one will back him up! If anyone knows of the situation and or could shed some light/enlighten me/us, it will be appreciated.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Stolen Valor  Empty Stolen Valor

Post by Kramer Mon 26 Aug 2019, 21:21

Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member