Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ...

+9
Teentitan
LostTrucker
marmech
eodtech
propat
bigrex
johnny211
Unknown Soldier
Rubicon
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ... - Page 2 Empty Re: In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ...

Post by bigrex Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:08

There are only three ways to eliminate a backlog that is as large as what we are experiencing.

1. Approve everything, but that is unlikely to happen.

2. Hire more than double the amount of adjudicators, but that could take years to find the people, and get them up to speed.

3. Wipe everything, and start from the beginning, and tell Veterans that they would need to re-apply. But that would not be well received by Veterans, or the general population, that largely supports Veterans. 

That is what they did with the backlog for citizen applications. But that is a very short term solution, because if they wipe out a backlog of several thousand applications, then that would likely mean those same applications would be resubmitted within a very short time, creating the exact same backlog, if they haven't taken any steps to process them quicker
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ... - Page 2 Empty Re: In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ...

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:57

bigrex wrote:There are only three ways to eliminate a backlog that is as large as what we are experiencing.

2. Hire more than double the amount of adjudicators, but that could take years to find the people, and get them up to speed.

3. Wipe everything, and start from the beginning, and tell Veterans that they would need to re-apply. But that would not be well received by Veterans, or the general population, that largely supports Veterans. 

That is what they did with the backlog for citizen applications. But that is a very short term solution, because if they wipe out a backlog of several thousand applications, then that would likely mean those same applications would be resubmitted within a very short time, creating the exact same backlog, if they haven't taken any steps to process them quicker
3. Is a definite no,no.
2. So is standing there throwing money into a broken machine!
Triage fast track the serious and the vulnerable, if a veteran is financially secure sorry you just have to wait a bit longer and will be compensated after the waiting time is exhausted if claim is successful.
Vac has at least six thousand employees and they have been working on and training for this PFL when reinstating the PA would have been less complicated as the majority of veterans would have had years before their file needed addressed!
This is purely at the feet of policy makers and the present government.
Feeding the machine, a big complicated complex machine that's a money pit.
Also all the deception in the past is biting them in the ass and requiring resources as payouts begin and lawsuits ongoing. I actually feel sorry for the average vac employees, the stress must be overwhelming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 23 Sep 2019, 11:34

bigrex wrote:There are only three ways to eliminate a backlog that is as large as what we are experiencing.

1. Really is the only answer as ridiculous as it might seem. I mean, some disability claims have been in so long that by the time VAC gets around to them,they end up asking the veteran to go get a reassessment. If there are 40000 claims in, if they were all given the green light ,of course in there, there would be " some" that warranted being denied, but what is the ratio to claims that are also 100% legitimate. There are stats on approved/denied claims out there for subsequent years, but how many years did it take to end up with a back log of 40000 ,I'm sure if they were " written " off, VAC would never find itself behind the 8 ball ever again. Sure newly injured vets would complain about an actual 16 week wait time for a decision when the day before 40000 vets got their claims answered instantly, but that argument is no different than a PFL arguing over what a NVC vet received ,who is in turn arguing over what their PA vet received.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 24 Sep 2019, 08:16

the backlog is easy to fix just simplify the system . claims have skyrocketed since 2006 since you need to apply for a pile of ABC benefits after your initial disability claim . just set a disability percentage value and / or a positive CPPD claim decision as the criteria for the ABC benefits . no real decision making to do no more doc exams no testing by march of dimes or whoever . vets understand the criteria easily so a lot of the claims that would be rejected will not even be put in .

best of all its not subjective so you cannot be denied for BS reasons . no decision just check the criteria and stamp approved .

done and done .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 25 Sep 2019, 08:48

propat wrote:the backlog is easy to fix just simplify the system . claims have skyrocketed since 2006 since you need to apply for a pile of ABC benefits after your initial disability claim . just set a disability percentage value and / or a positive CPPD claim decision as the criteria for the ABC benefits . no real decision making to do no more doc exams no testing by march of dimes or whoever . vets understand the criteria easily so a lot of the claims that would be rejected will not even be put in .

best of all its not subjective so you cannot be denied for BS reasons . no decision just check the criteria and stamp approved .

done and done .

propat
I think the easiest thing to do, although it would take some work...yet what doesn’t , I guess, would be to sort through all the claims and instantly approve all injuries that put an injured veteran over the 100% disability mark, and or claims submitted by vets who are already over the 100%. It would cost the gov./vac nothing in lump sums or monthly payments and the injured veteran could instantly start accessing the treatment they need I.e. physio,chiro,massage,mental health. I know vets who are already over 100% and have been waiting 16 months so far on a physical injury, there is no guarantee the injury will be successfully agreed upon by VAC, but there is enough supporting dr. Evidence that it is likely. When it is approved they’ll be no direct money involved and yet having to wait 2 years to have physio covered is only exasperating the problem, imo.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eodtech Thu 10 Oct 2019, 03:59

This is a specific comment regarding johnny2111's comment. It is about 'wordology'. Johnny...don't use the word 'discharge' or 'discharging' in the context of CF members who are finishing their time in the service. The word(s) is/are: RELEASE or RELEASING. CF members are not DISCHARGED. "Was honourably RELEASED." The only time the word 'discharge', 'discharging' and 'discharged' is used by/about a CF member is either in a medical reference or the "accidental"/negligent firing of a small arms weapon. The Ying Yangs use that word when they release or 'discharge' their personnel...but not the CF.

2nd thing: It is very disturbing to read on here...the PERCEIVED hatred toward the Conservative Party and the Leader, by people mostly in the east. (East of the Mb/Ont border).
On election day in 2015, I turned on the election results here in BC, at 1530L. 2000 in NL. Almost immediately and within 2 hrs.,the entire east coast and all of Que and most of Ont had voted for the TRAITOR. A massive sea of red. Right up to the Mb border. Before all of the west had finished voting....the election was over. And look what has happened to the nation in these past 4 years. And yet, I hear people criticizing Scheer as if HE...was the one in power for those last 4 years. The man hasn't even had a chance to do anything wrong...and you're not even giving him a chance.

WRT to VAC and other entities that provide benefits for veterans...are you seriously here to tell me that you're going to vote for a man who pays the enemies of our nation millions of OUR TAX DOLLARS...and wants to "send them to healing lodges" and then within 6 days of that, live on television, tells a disabled vet from the Op in Afghanistan that..."sorry...you're asking for more than the gov't is able to give right now..."??? Unbelievable.

eodtech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2018-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 10 Oct 2019, 04:49

Eodtech - Good try, but not my wording. That’s the news report Yr reading. And yes Yr right, a lot of Vets took Sock Boy on his words in 2015, but fool us once. Have a good day..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ... - Page 2 Empty We have been burned by the Cons before

Post by marmech Thu 10 Oct 2019, 07:23

Once a con man always a con man, I cannot trust a party that stripped VAC to a shell, closed offices. I'd rather stick with Trudeau as he is the devil I know, not a man who is basically Trump Jr.

marmech
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-05-30

Back to top Go down

In P.E.I. Sunday morning Andrew Scheer promises additional $50 million over two years to VAC if elected ... - Page 2 Empty Don't want a repeat of the same bullshit from a Conservative or Liberal majority Government?

Post by Rubicon Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:58

Let's not forget that Scheer was in Parliament under Harper when the Conservatives gave us the asshole named Fantino as MVA, all the while closing 9 VAC Offices across the country. Bottom line: If there is money to waste throwing it at a VAC backlog problem, then there is money available to re-allocate to veterans' disability pensions. Is any candidate suggesting we provide more money to the veteran in the form of increased disability benefits? You bet there is, and his name is Maxime Bernier. Maxime is a long shot but don't right him off. A vote for him is a vote taken away from the Liberals and the Conservatives. I am a one issue voter and as a veteran I like what Maxime is saying about the veteran. Yes, he too was around like Scheer when Fantino was MVA and closing offices but he is the only candidate willing to put his money where his mouth is and say the veteran was short-changed with the NVC. Here's the link to his platform on veterans. I'm firing Justin Trudeau tomorrow at the Advance Poll by voting for the PPC under Maxime Bernier and hoping at the same time that I'm helping create a minority government scenario forcing whatever parties to work together.

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/veterans_standing_behind_the_men_and_women_who_sacrificed_for_our_country

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 10 Oct 2019, 13:33

Rubicon wrote:Scheer also vows to clear the backlog at VAC of 40,000 disability applications (as of November 2018) and create a reliable pension program. Could he be any more vague with these promises? And all this after he knocked Trudeau for buying the veteran vote with the Pension for Life in the last election. I'm not buying his or any other party's bullshit at the moment because any of these political pricks could have put forward Bills to correct VAC's problem over the last four years and nothing happened.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5935599/canada-election-scheer-veterans/

Rubicon
What’s worse, voting for Scheer and finding out he’s just like Trudeau...or voting for Trudeau and he drives the dagger deeper into the backs of veterans.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019, 18:06

I wouldn't vote liberal even if you paid me. Trudeau has done an incomprehensible amount of damage to the social fabric of the country with his social engineering. It'll be a decade or more before we can sanitize ourselves and get his stink off of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019, 18:14

And let's not forget, we're just days away from the election and Mr. Dressup has made no commitments to veterans yet. Not that I'd believe his lies anyway. He hasn't even committed to fixing the back log of applications.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2019, 18:18

In my opinion, veterans can only vote for Scheer. He's the only leader to have made commitments to veterans.

May = fantasyland
Trudeau = is two-faced literally
Bernier = nuttier than a fruitcake
Singh = soft on terrorism ie. Air India
Scheer = again, the only one to have made commitments to veterans. And until he screws us, he's our only option.

The Bloc gets no mention, because they're a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys who want to tear the country apart and steal land from indigenous people a second time around, but in the modern era.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 10 Oct 2019, 19:18

Rubicon wrote:Scheer also vows to clear the backlog at VAC of 40,000 disability applications (as of November 2018) and create a reliable pension program. Could he be any more vague with these promises? And all this after he knocked Trudeau for buying the veteran vote with the Pension for Life in the last election. I'm not buying his or any other party's bullshit at the moment because any of these political pricks could have put forward Bills to correct VAC's problem over the last four years and nothing happened.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5935599/canada-election-scheer-veterans/

Rubicon
to promise to clear the back log in 2 years is nothing to brag about. The liberals hired all this extra help, once they are trained the backlog should have automatically cleared itself in under 2 years, no matter who is in power.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Thu 10 Oct 2019, 21:00

https://www.conservative.ca/andrew-scheer-promises-more-support-for-canadas-veterans/ wrote:Scheer highlighted that a new Conservative government will:

Enshrine, in legislation, a Military Covenant between the Government of Canada and all Canada’s Veterans.

To me this is a step in the right direction......it is a bigger step than the liberals are willing to take.
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum