Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC Benefits (Mental Health)

2 posters

Go down

VAC Benefits (Mental Health) Empty Re: VAC Benefits (Mental Health)

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 19 Oct 2019, 13:45

Riddick wrote:FYI. I have not heard of/about this?
https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/publications-reports/reports/departmental-plan/2019-2020/report/2-0

"We are changing the way we get service health records from the Department of National Defence by identifying the precise information we need and arranging for direct access to required records. As a result, adjudicators will have more timely access to review service health records which will allow for faster processing of applications.

We are also experimenting with six consequential disabilities which we understand may result from a service related mental health condition. Through a pilot program, we will adjust processes to provide Veterans who receive favourable decisions for a mental health condition with automatic entitlement for associated consequential conditions. These disabilities include Xerostomia, Erectile Dysfunction (ED), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), and Bruxism. We expect that this approach will help reduce the paperwork burden for Veterans, provide immediate access for financial reimbursement and reduce paperwork."

Riddick
this is interesting since my ER,sleep apnea, and  IBS claims have all  been denied , despite my PTSD
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

VAC Benefits (Mental Health) Empty VAC Benefits (Mental Health)

Post by Kramer Sat 19 Oct 2019, 12:14

FYI. I have not heard of/about this?
https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/publications-reports/reports/departmental-plan/2019-2020/report/2-0

"We are changing the way we get service health records from the Department of National Defence by identifying the precise information we need and arranging for direct access to required records. As a result, adjudicators will have more timely access to review service health records which will allow for faster processing of applications.

We are also experimenting with six consequential disabilities which we understand may result from a service related mental health condition. Through a pilot program, we will adjust processes to provide Veterans who receive favourable decisions for a mental health condition with automatic entitlement for associated consequential conditions. These disabilities include Xerostomia, Erectile Dysfunction (ED), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), and Bruxism. We expect that this approach will help reduce the paperwork burden for Veterans, provide immediate access for financial reimbursement and reduce paperwork."

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down