Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trudeau

5 posters

Go down

Trudeau Empty Re: Trudeau

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 10:26

Just like in most  Veterans web sites, everything is very very calm. People have settled in. Everything has been loudly discussed. After 20 years of fighting Ottawa, we are out of breath & can barely hear the cries any longer!

Trudeau will not say a word about veterans' issues. Just a customary comment next November 11, 2020. ( everything he did was to calm the soldier's voice)

Canada has major issues regarding the Bloc Que, the Conservatives out west, pipelines in BC, the Chinese issues, Donald Trump USA and mostly will the PM  figure out a way to be reelected again and again.

There are a long list of benefits with VAC.
Surely not enough for those after Apr 2019 that will become disabled.
Barely enough for those medically released after 2006.
The 4200 Vets that have all the tricks from Pension Act, NVC, PFL- they are quickly fading out to pasture as they are so tired of the constant verbal battle.

What can change this direction is likely a war.  A major loss of soldier's lives. WE DO NOT WANT THAT!

What you can do is start a foundation raise monies for Veterans.  Pick an area of your needs and start it. One fella raises money for socks for homeless vets. Another joins a group. Do what it takes.
I read an article this morning from Australian fella biking 10000 miles he is an older, Fat disabled soldier with one leg missing, the other one messed up with Severe PTSD and likely a host of other issues.  Look what he is doing!

https://www.thelongridehome.org/

“I came down with PTSD after my time in Vietnam so I am very aware of the enormity of mental health problems among vets not just from Vietnam but all the wars and conflicts we’ve been involved in before and since,” he said.

“My dad Bill suffered terribly from his time as a prisoner on the Thai-Burma Railway and I’ve seen a lot of suffering in veterans from their time in war and conflict zones since.

“The Long Ride Home’s chief objective is to convince governments to do more to support not just serving and ex-military personnel suffering from mental injury but the vast numbers of civilian first responders – police, fire and ambulance workers – who are doing it hard as well.”

All the Best to you all!

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 18 Nov 2019, 09:24

well in his first term he did a few things that added up to nothing after promising a lot . sooooo after promising nothing we may at best get nothing . worst case another cost cutting measure on the backs of disabled vets for 3 years then on year 4 a promise of an actual improvement giving back half of what was taken in the first 3 years if re-elected.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 17 Nov 2019, 22:05

He got back in, he doesn’t have to do an f-ing thing for vets for the next 4 years, and there is not a goddamned thing we can do about it, that ship sailed on oct. 21
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 17 Nov 2019, 18:55

It’s my guess, that Trudeau will be silent on any further vet issues. He will beat his chest on the PFL and billions spent. I see nothing changing until the next gov. He surely must have heard and seen how pissed Vets are at him on the election trial, but I think we are now very low on his thoughts. Hope I’m wrong..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 17 Nov 2019, 15:43

We are at the bottom of the barrel now in terms of priority. The only thing he might do is try to get the backlog undone. Other than that there really isn't anything that he's concerned with. He believes he accomplished what he set out to do in the previous 4 years for veterans.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Trudeau Empty Trudeau

Post by doomed78 Sun 17 Nov 2019, 15:04

Now that Trudeau is going to announce his cabinet later this month, do you think he will tackle any of the veterans issues? Mostly that he promised to bring back Pension for Life and that we didnt receive anything comparable to the old charter. What do you think? I've read a few articles stating that he might make this one of his priorities because hes upset alot of people.

doomed78
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down