Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount?

5 posters

Go down

Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount? Empty Re: Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount?

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 28 Nov 2019, 16:45

Yah when I was there the military was segregated to our own area . No civilians were in our group meets etc. This was 2002/2003

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount? Empty Re: Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount?

Post by Rustytheviking Thu 28 Nov 2019, 15:53

Ppclicaper wrote:Do they still do homewood in Guelph , rusty ? That was almost 17-18 years ago for me ... Can not remember much of the stay .

Except at that time PTSD was on the same floor as Eating disorders / civilians that had their own wing also .. Think the crew I was there with was the first crew ..like 10-11 of us .. new trials .

As far as I know they still do. I was there in 2010. We were at any given time 10-15 spread out amongst the other traumatic victims. Hence why I never talked in group settings as that shit don’t mix. Civy vs army issues that is

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:02

Do they still do homewood in Guelph , rusty ? That was almost 17-18 years ago for me ... Can not remember much of the stay .

Except at that time PTSD was on the same floor as Eating disorders / civilians that had their own wing also .. Think the crew I was there with was the first crew ..like 10-11 of us .. new trials .

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Thu 28 Nov 2019, 09:55

If things are smooth you could see it before 6 months are up. For myself it was almost a year. I had a 4 month stay at homewood so that drew out the “stabilization” timeline. Good luck on your journey

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Wed 27 Nov 2019, 20:10

Thanks guys,

Does it happen often that after the initial 10% is granted, VAC does not up the % at all or only slightly after the re-assessment period?

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 19:42

TiredDad and Bigrex - I’m with you Bigrex. Thinking back a few yrs, the time fm my first assessment by my pscy, and my next Reassessment was around 1 year. Like Bigrex said, let Yr pscy appts take there time. I think Vac asked for the Reassessment before the
1 st Yr was up. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 27 Nov 2019, 12:25

I would be surprised if they did it prior to 6 months. Because even though you might feel good when first getting treatment, that could change after a few months, for better or worse.But if your symptoms do get worse, but you had already had your final assessment, after only a few months, when you were feeling better, you would need to start the reassessment process all over again, which can take well over a year these days. So even though you may want to hurry the process along, it could be far more beneficial to wait extra time now, and prevent possible headaches later on.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount? Empty Question about PTSD initial amount compared to final amount?

Post by Tireddad Tue 26 Nov 2019, 20:11

Hello all.

I sent VAC a question about whether or not a 6 month stabilization period is always required as I had gotten into therapy sessions quicker than I thought and things were going well.

However, their response has me a little confused. I will paste it below, but I am curious - does their response mean that if I am responding well to therapy my final assessment amount will not be much of an increase, if any?

VAC’s response ...

“The stabilization period varies depending on the medical information initially submitted with your claim; it can be shorter or longer than six months depending on the severity of your condition reported. Your assessment portion of the disability benefits (ie. 10%, 20%, etc) reflects the severity of your condition so if you are in treatment, and responding positively to these treatments, then at the time of your reassessment, your final assessment may remain unchanged or only increase slightly.”
———

Thank you to anyone on this forum who may have any insight.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down