Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about CIA and about PTSD claim

+5
SIGS PIGS
bigrex
Teentitan
Gunner8
AirLog
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Question about CIA and about PTSD claim - Page 3 Empty Re: Question about CIA and about PTSD claim

Post by AirLog Thu 26 Dec 2019, 19:10

Same with me. When my illness was an approved calm (2016), it was approved at 109%. All subsequent claims didn't have a % assigned, simply approved with all medical, etc associated with these claims covered. If all subsequent claims were assigned a % I believe that I would have a total % of well over 150%.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Question about CIA and about PTSD claim - Page 3 Empty Re: Question about CIA and about PTSD claim

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 26 Dec 2019, 17:57

Teentitan wrote:Actually Unkown the letter still shows percentage in letters even if the vet is over 100%, like I am.

Gunner your friend got the approval from the "adjudicator" who said you are approved.  Once the adjudicator makes the decision all info is sent to the "accounting" department who then go over the vets file.   Financial income and ALL health records/paperwork from vet and doctor(s).  In other words the accounting department starts ticking off the boxes that are required to make the final decision of percentage of injury/illness.

So your friends doctor may have missed a report/questionnaire that VAC accounting needs.  You have to remember the first form a vet fills out is a consent to contact doctors on the vets behalf.  So maybe your friend should phone and ask if they are contacting his doctor OR is he in the "in-box" waiting for someone in accounting to start processing his calculation for payment.

Each VAC department works at their own pace which explains why there is such a huge backlog of claims/applications.
when was the last time you had an injury approved, I ask because I know 2 veterans who are over 100% and both have had further injuries approved, but the letters only say that they are entitled to services. Maybe it’s a new thing. But both inquired why their injury wasn’t assigned a percentage and they were told that once an adjudicator sees that they are already at 100% they go no further with the % charts as long as it can be proven that the injury happened during service.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 26 Dec 2019, 11:50

Okay thank you. I’ll get him to call in a few days when the offices open back up and ask some of those questions.

Gunner.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 26 Dec 2019, 10:52

Actually Unkown the letter still shows percentage in letters even if the vet is over 100%, like I am.

Gunner your friend got the approval from the "adjudicator" who said you are approved. Once the adjudicator makes the decision all info is sent to the "accounting" department who then go over the vets file. Financial income and ALL health records/paperwork from vet and doctor(s). In other words the accounting department starts ticking off the boxes that are required to make the final decision of percentage of injury/illness.

So your friends doctor may have missed a report/questionnaire that VAC accounting needs. You have to remember the first form a vet fills out is a consent to contact doctors on the vets behalf. So maybe your friend should phone and ask if they are contacting his doctor OR is he in the "in-box" waiting for someone in accounting to start processing his calculation for payment.

Each VAC department works at their own pace which explains why there is such a huge backlog of claims/applications.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 25 Dec 2019, 20:54

Gunner8 wrote:Asking for a fellow Vet, he applied for CIA in August, and still hasn’t heard anything. His case manager has sent in two notifications now, she said she was told they didn’t receive all his information? Like what would he have to send in? From anyone I know all they had to do was fill out the form and wait and see if it was approved. He’s been on ELB since 2010, so they Should have all of his information. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Also, he has received a letter saying that they accept responsibility for his ptsd, about4- 6 weeks ago. But their is nothing saying any percentage or anything, and he’s still stage 3 on his Vac account. Plus his case manager said she doesn’t see anything about a percentage or anything either. I always thought the letter would tell you the percentage? Has things changed? Thanks for any and all your help.

Gunner
the only way letters don’t show a % is if the vet is already over 100% for various disabilities combined.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Question about CIA and about PTSD claim - Page 3 Empty Question about CIA and about PTSD claim

Post by Gunner8 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 22:22

Asking for a fellow Vet, he applied for CIA in August, and still hasn’t heard anything. His case manager has sent in two notifications now, she said she was told they didn’t receive all his information? Like what would he have to send in? From anyone I know all they had to do was fill out the form and wait and see if it was approved. He’s been on ELB since 2010, so they Should have all of his information. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Also, he has received a letter saying that they accept responsibility for his ptsd, about4- 6 weeks ago. But their is nothing saying any percentage or anything, and he’s still stage 3 on his Vac account. Plus his case manager said she doesn’t see anything about a percentage or anything either. I always thought the letter would tell you the percentage? Has things changed? Thanks for any and all your help.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3