Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits

4 posters

Go down

More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits Empty Re: More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits

Post by XMedic Sun 23 Feb 2020, 14:12

That would be great!!
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits Empty Re: More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2020, 06:40

Exmedic you should hear within 3 weeks. Lets us know. I have about 3 months to wait. ( this based on the newly revised wait time tool)

I do think PTSD reassessments take longer!

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sat 22 Feb 2020, 14:11

Its a PSTD reassessment that was submitted in January 2019 and moved to step three in June 2019. Sitting there ever since.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2020, 08:06

Xmedic is this one a reassessment?  There is a different wait time timeline for Departmental reviews, 1st assessments, reassessments etc

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Fri 21 Feb 2020, 17:23

I was told by Veterans Affairs in October that they were working on claims from February 2019. I find it impossible to believe that in five months they only got to March 2019 claims. As this rate it will be years before I see my June 2019 claim adjudicated!
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 20 Feb 2020, 19:58

Chaud - I have a APSC Reassessment that has been in Since April 1, 2019. It will be 11 mths soon. I asked about it last wk, and they said they are working on March 2019. Mine is way over there timeline. So I figure it will be a yr or over..This is beyond crazy..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2020, 14:40

Does anyone have a reassessment claim in progress? I have one from 28 of September 2019 step 3. Wait time tool said 33 weeks on average?

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 20 Feb 2020, 08:27

My wife has a claim at step 3 since November 2018 and a development review since September 2019. She has additional claims that were submitted at the same time as the current one at step 3 since November 2018 that have been approved. Not sure why this one is taking so long.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 20 Feb 2020, 05:44

XMedic - I have one Consequencial claim that’s been at Stage 3 since
July 2018. And a reassessment that’s been in since April 1 of last yr. It has become the number one complaint now fm Vets. Well past time for them to find a solution..Anyone else on here have a real old claim? VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Wed 19 Feb 2020, 19:15

No surprise...I have a claim sitting at step three since September 2018!!
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits Empty More Veterans Than Ever Waiting To Learn If They Can Get Disability Benefits

Post by BinRat Tue 18 Feb 2020, 20:58

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/veterans-disability-benefits-backlog_ca_5e416c6bc5b6b7088704dbbf

Veterans Affairs Canada says a backlog of applications has grown by the thousands.

Lee Berthiaume
Canadian Press

OTTAWA — More Canadian veterans than ever are waiting to find out whether they qualify for disability benefits, despite repeated government promises and efforts to get the situation under control.

New figures from Veterans Affairs Canada show more than 44,000 applications from veterans for assistance were sitting in the queue at the end of September, a 10 per cent increase from only six months earlier.

The number includes both completed applications and those deemed “incomplete,” which Veterans Affairs broke out first the first time after years of criticism for the ever-increasing number of files waiting for a decision.

Incomplete applications are those that need more information from applicants or are waiting for staff to review.

Watch: Vet asks for 100 birthday cards for 100th birthday

Yet even setting those aside, the number of completed applications that have been sitting in the queue for months stood at more than 23,000, an increase of 6,300 — or 37 per cent — from March 2019.

Veterans’ advocates say long delays add stress and frustration to veterans already suffering from physical and psychological injuries.

They also sparked promises during the fall election from many of the federal parties, who were keen on winning veterans’ votes.

Veterans and their advocates have previously blamed Stephen Harper’s Conservative government for the current situation, after the Tories cut hundreds of front-line staff about eight years ago in their fervent drive to balance the federal budget.

The Liberal government has since hired back hundreds of front-line staff and made a one-time, $20-million cash injection over two years in the 2018 federal budget to address the backlog. (Another $22 million was added to hire more caseworkers for the most severely injured veterans.)

But those investments have not kept pace with growth in demand for services and benefits over the past four years.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum