Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reassessment/DEC

+2
Gunner8
Rubicon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reassessment/DEC Empty Re: Reassessment/DEC

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 30 Jul 2020, 17:45

308vet_smith wrote:
Rubicon wrote:Finished my March of Dimes Assessment in December 2019 and received a favourable DEC Decision Letter in my in-box this morning. Considering everything else that is going on with COVID-19 I have to say I am impressed with the timeline as well as the favourable decision.

Rubicon

What's a "favorable DEC decision letter"? Is that a letter from VAC supporting a DEC decision or is it a letter just stating you're actually DEC was approved?
wouldn’t what you described be basically the same thing? If VAC supported a DEC decision then that would mean DEC is approved. However, under the testing, an Occupational Therapist and/or a psychologist could support a DEC decision, and yet VAC can still deny it. Their favourite catch phrase is that the veteran has not “ exhausted all avenues of treatment “ and therefore DEC is denied.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 308vet_smith Thu 30 Jul 2020, 17:24

Rubicon wrote:Finished my March of Dimes Assessment in December 2019 and received a favourable DEC Decision Letter in my in-box this morning. Considering everything else that is going on with COVID-19 I have to say I am impressed with the timeline as well as the favourable decision.

Rubicon

What's a "favorable DEC decision letter"? Is that a letter from VAC supporting a DEC decision or is it a letter just stating you're actually DEC was approved?

308vet_smith
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 25 May 2020, 12:51

johnny211 wrote:Rubicon- congrats on the decision. I’ve been there and know it’s a huge weight of worry of one’s shoulders.

Unknown Soldier - unless things have changed, you do not immediately loose yr CM when designated DEC. I think I had mine for a couple of yrs after. Then I was told always ask for the on Duty CM, to call you back.
thx, l heard due to the 44000 backlog those deemed DEC are getting dropped pretty quick by their cms because with 60+ clients each they are trying to get that # down to about 20-25 files per CM
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 25 May 2020, 11:30

Rubicon- congrats on the decision. I’ve been there and know it’s a huge weight of worry of one’s shoulders.

Unknown Soldier - unless things have changed, you do not immediately loose yr CM when designated DEC. I think I had mine for a couple of yrs after. Then I was told always ask for the on Duty CM, to call you back.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 25 May 2020, 10:32

Rubicon
so once you are DEC and lose your CM, you just phone the VAC hotline and get a random person and start telling them your problems?. Once you hang up how do you know if they are following through, how do you check for updates, when every time you call you’re going to get someone new?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon Mon 25 May 2020, 09:20

Finished my March of Dimes Assessment in December 2019 and received a favourable DEC Decision Letter in my in-box this morning. Considering everything else that is going on with COVID-19 I have to say I am impressed with the timeline as well as the favourable decision.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

308vet_smith likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 09 Mar 2020, 17:35

jimmyb1. - Not a contest but I have a Consequencial claim that has been at Stage 3 since July 2018.

Gunner8 - I would call the 1-866 number and ask to speak to the on duty case mgr. Then have him/ her send you the forms. Not a downer for ya, but on 1 Apr, my reassessment, of my old CIAS level will be in for 1 yr....
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Reassessment/DEC Empty Way too long

Post by jimmyB1 Mon 09 Mar 2020, 16:45

Wow that seems like a long time. I don't know what else we can do other than wait. I have an IBS claim that is approaching the 80 week mark at stage 3, these VAC wait times are out of hand.

jimmyB1
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2018-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Mon 09 Mar 2020, 12:29

I inboxed Vac and they replied and said area offices are 3-4 months behind and that if I don’t receive a reassessment package by end of May, then to contact them. Is their anything I can do to get it faster? This is ridiculous. 3-4 months to send paperwork for a reassessment. If I had a case manager it would be faster but they took that from me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Keith

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 19:03

Thanks jimmy, I’m sending you positive thoughts as well. I hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted on how it goes, see if Vac is giving you any trouble, I will keep updating as well. Thanks again for your help.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyB1 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 18:30

Pulling for you gunner, I'm sending positive thoughts.

jimmyB1
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 17:15

Ok I will send a message in myvac as well.
I’m lucky that I can get in with my psychiatrist Anytime. I just started seeing him again about a month ago, after a bit of a layoff with DEC and stuff. I got another appointment tomorrow. He knows I’m going to ask for another reassessment and he supports it. I just hope VAC doesn’t deny it, and they send the paperwork.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Reassessment/DEC Empty Exactly

Post by jimmyB1 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 14:31

Agree it's rediculous. I would send a message in myvac just so I knew for sure.
It may be worth considering booking your reassessment with a psychiatrist even though you don't have the papers yet, here in Nova Scotia the wait times for a psych can be in the months. Also I don't know if I have to submit them once they are filled out, I'm hopeful the clinician who fills them out for me is able to submit them but who knows?

jimmyB1
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 14:05

I just called them when I seen your message. She said she’s gonna send a note and I should have the paperwork soon. Maybe an inbox asking for it would be a good idea to you think? It’s unreal that we have to do this ourselves now. It seems once you are deemed DEC, they just forget about you and don’t do anything. Ridiculous.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Reassessment/DEC Empty Exactly

Post by jimmyB1 Thu 05 Mar 2020, 13:36

That's exactly what I'm saying. I assumed the reassessment would be like my initial assessment in early '18. I was completely wrong. Now I have the forms (you should be able to send a message in myvac asking for them). Now I have to make an appointment with my psychiatrist and hope that he agrees to help with my reassessment otherwise i have to find another.
They really don't make it easy.

jimmyB1
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next