Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does this memo mean???

2 posters

Go down

What does this memo mean??? Empty Re: What does this memo mean???

Post by Teentitan Tue 04 Sep 2012, 22:26

It is on the Latest News on the main bulletinboard http://www.veteranvoice.info/bulletinboard.htm
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 21:43

I am looking but cannot find out where this 'memo' is on this forum. Normally I am contacted by the Firm but it seems there is nothing in my email. Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 06:53

Nice to know that our lawyers care for the little guy but with Bigrex doing his best to explain proxies and what they mean is not right (no offence bigrex I know you mean well). I'd like to say that the lawyers would be much better to come out with a memo that is EASY to freaking DECODE right from the start!

OK can anyone tell me frankly REALLY what this means; Limitation Period. We are very pleased to report that, subject to reaching agreement on all other terms, it appears that the government is open to extending the reimbursement of offsets beyond limitation periods. ??!!!

I dare you all to tell me what this is about or is it me the only moron that can't get it? Mr Driscoll , why don't you have your Mom vett these things before they go out or Dennis I can't believe you let the lawyers publish this and let this go out with such &*$%! encoded legal speak. SISIP vets don't have an Enigma machine that the Nazi had on U-boats so make it clear, pleaaase ! Now I have been accused in kindergarten of being a few fries short of a Happy Meal but I am glad to report I am grown up up and so you should write to me in a clear fashion so proxies and Limitation periors need more explaning. So if your Mom can't understand it then take it back!

Anyone please pass this on to our lawyers and I have to say that I like the progress so far although I am a bit of a hard to please guy and it still seems to be I mean the results from the meeting of 23 September look a bit like all foam and NOT MUCH BEER so give us more beer will ya?!! Beer is more real facts, more details, do we have categories of proxies as it seems to be or can you tell us about these, who they are, what they mean etc etc etc,? Keep at it my friends the lagal team... we like what are you doing and you are possibly having many sleepless nights to make sure we don't get the sleepless nights. Stay with it, don't et your eyes off the puck and give us less foam and MORE beer OK? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:00

I agree with everyone if a bad government policy caused all this damage to us veterans then they need to man up and pay the lawyers out of their pockets instead of ours.

At least this government has finally agreed that this policy was just plain wrong. Now they are correcting it that all those previous governments over the last 30/35 years refused to correct. For that I am grateful. Now go one more step and do the right thing again and pay the lawyers. Asking veterans to pay the lawyer is almost the same as the bad policy you just corrected.

PM Harper if there is one thing this ol' Sgt respected the most from his men was honesty and blaming no one for their mistake. So take that last step PM Harper and this veteran will say until the day I die, "Stephen Harper talked the talk and walked the walk!" That is a huge compliment Prime Minister, just ask your new CDS.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 08:03

right you are navrat navrat this place rocks and i do belive as well in our leagal team.also i do keep in mind that we are all in different situations so it will be imposible to get everything everyone wants and i do understand this.moast of us will not get at least one thing we think we should have but we will do ok anyway.just my opinion.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 23:47

I love Veterans Voice and i really dont think we know how lucky we are to have a service like this to help us. I just got an email from Teentitan that answer all my questions.Our lawyer Peter Driscoll read my posts and sent Teentitan the answers. Knowing this has given me a new respect for our legal team. Not many lawyers care for the little guy but for this guy to email our leader(Teentitan) to put my mind and others at ease was very noble. I still think the government should pay the entire cost of this lawsuit since it was their fault and i think 30 percent is more than fair, Make the government pay
navrat out

Back to top Go down

What does this memo mean??? Empty Interest and Retro payments

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 23:15

Interest and Retro payments

I think the retro would be from 1992 because if interest calculated from 1992 then retro should be from 1992 (There will be pre-judgment interest payable on all monies owed from 1992 to May 1, 2012. By statute, the Government is not required to pay interest prior to 1992. The parties continue to negotiate, but we are hopeful that our most recent offer will be accepted.)

Damages are still being negociated. (We continue to negotiate with the Department of Justice and Mr. Toope concerning recognition of the impact that the offset has had upon members of the Class.)

This is only my opinion based on what I understand from the memo. I am not a lawter so only my thoughts !
mrmurphy77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 22:38

From what i get is i would receive retro from 2004-2006 then be reinstated for sisip ltd. What about the years 2006 till today??? I hope i am wrong but this is not good news for zero sum clients like myself. I was declared totally disabled and i continue on sisip ltd till today but got nothing because of the zero sum thing. This to me would mean eight years of getting nothing and i am not happy. If this is the case i will seek legal advice and petition the court to make a zero sum sub-class which the judge has to accept according to the legal option on Veterans of Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 22:23

Thanks for the info BigRex, What i am concerned with is i have been med released 96 months ago, after the first 24 months was declared totally disabled and would have been collecting sisip ltd until today but received nothing due to the VAC clawback. Am i only going to get 24 months retro(first 2 years) or will i get 96 months retro(till today) since sisip ltd tells me i am still a client and i am in the computer. I have all the proxies so i should start geting the monthly amount but what about from 2006 onwards(released 2004 first 24 months till 2006)
thanks
navrat confused

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 31 Aug 2012, 22:14

I think what is says is that anyone that has been declared TPI can have their SISIP reinstated, and by proxy, it means that if another party has deemed the Veteran completely disabled, be it CPP or VAC, reinstatement will be easier and faster. And even if you haven't been declared TPI by another organization, they will allow a request for evaluation by SISIP, to determine if you qualify. Personally, if I had a choice of receiving SISIP or the ELB, I'd opt for the ELB, and all the TPI zero sum clients who are already on both, should be paid what is owed by SISIP until such time as the ELB policies are changed, then have their SISIP file closed. The fewer agencies involved in my finances the better, and less headaches for the Veteran. At least with VAC, the department will pay for those annual medical reports.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

What does this memo mean??? Empty What does this memo mean???

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 21:15

Hey all , just some questions from regearding the new memo, It states that all members should receive 24 months of retro for there disabillty but what aboutzero sum clients who at the end of their 24 months were totally disabled and continued on sisip ltd but were zero out. Does this mean we are only entitled to 24 months or do we get the retro right back from today until we started on sisip because if not it would be alot of money to lose and totally unfair to us zero sum clients. Also what does proxies mean????
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down