Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibility of still being a Zero-Sum Veteran

2 posters

Go down

Possibility of still being a Zero-Sum Veteran Empty Re: Possibility of still being a Zero-Sum Veteran

Post by bigrex Sat 08 Sep 2012, 16:04

I don't think so, since RRSP's are not included in the list of other sources of relevant income. The severance pay isn't deducted from SISIP either, so I would be surprised if it caused any problems now.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Possibility of still being a Zero-Sum Veteran Empty Possibility of still being a Zero-Sum Veteran

Post by OldZipperhead Sat 08 Sep 2012, 15:32

Just a thought about the claw back and that when released with a medical pension, I had my severance packaged put into RRSP’s, thinking that I would not need them to survive. Within two years, these had disappeared to make ends-meat, because I was having my SISIP clawed back.

The question now arises: Will my RRSP’s (Severance Package) be deducted from my payout? I would never have needed the money, if I was not being clawed back. Since it looks like I will only receive the initial 24 months, one will likely negate the other and I will still be a zero sum veteran.

How many others will be in the same boat?
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum