Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action

+3
Horseman
sailor964
bigrex
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action Empty Re: RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:19

Wut he sed

Back to top Go down

RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action Empty What was that term "Unreservedly"

Post by Horseman Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:15

As of this writing this news has not been received directly from McInnes-Cooper as I believe the Justice Branch has not received "legal instructions" from the Ministry of Prolongation,Mistruths and Spins. As a Canadian I fully trust the integrity of our Judicial process and having said that it will be most interesting perhaps educational to bear witness to the defendants argument for continuing a process that has already created a formidable case law precedent (SISP,Ltd.) (Military). Its been my personal opinion as a cautious observer throughout the SISIP LTD. action that in spite of the overwhelmingly learned and collective brain thrust from arguably, Canada's largest law firm,namely the Department of Justice, the delay leading up to last years favourable May 2nd decision was or should have been predictable by this collegial engrossment of fiction and fable. Had all these many delays been caused by a private law firm one might anticipate a self-righteous application/motion,finger waving for atonement followed by a demand for punitive sanctions. But again, this is the Government, dare if you will!
Many of our brethren,sisters and their family who've suffered relentlessly throughout the SISIP Ltd., debacle are rightfully angry, frustrated and demoralized by the bullying tactics of this Government. Their once so-called honourable intentions upon seeking power have devolved into a vacuum of hypocrisy,distrust and is not unlike watching the carcass of an unfortunate roadkill being savagely ripped apart via the wolf pack mentality. Perhaps that characterization is too honourable, a selfish brothel of the like-minded, haplessly scurrying along the baseboards of Parliament, in search of substainment of their fleeting relevancy and desire for power retention; emboldened by self gratiating stump speeches,invigorated by ego-centric platforms that do nothing but enrage those who expect fairness from their Government. I know thats a long sentence but so has this battle.The "Why" that we as veterans continue to beg for is clear and definable is it not?. But increasingly it seems that their responses to date really could be characterized in three words, " We Don't Care" The SISIP Ltd. has been on the Court Docket since 2007 (the RCMP Action since 2008), for one reason notwithstanding any argument to the contrary, "They Don't Care". That my friends is the nature of the beast. All this while the Prime Minister himself enjoys a clause in his SISIP that forbades this clawback from a Pension Act award.

In my opinion this has nothing to do with the oft-debated definition of a Veteran at all, it presumedly has everything to do with using manufactured distractions to exact political agendas. This is just another example of the new wave poltics in Ottawa which has become increasely reclusive but still finds a way to use clever doublespeak to disguise their true agenda to anyone who dare cross their path.

According to McInnes-Cooper, the two actions are indestinguishable from one another..this should buy them another few years.

Horseman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action Empty Re: RCMP LTD Class Action and SISIP LTD Class Action

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:33

they cant and they know it its just a delay tactic.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:27

In the longer term, I fail to see how they can deny the RCMP their LTD benefits that are clawed back. Except that they are RCMP, their case seems to be exactly like ours. Therefore, our agreement sets a precedent and I can't see how the feds can prevail against that.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:27

i didnt they probably figured they could drag this out so it wouldnt be hered by the supream court till after the next election.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:02

it is sad and pathetic, but did anyone really expect anything different from this Government. The only upside is, because we set a presedence, hopefully our brothers and sisters won't have to battle as long.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:36

Really, wow, why?

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 08 Jan 2013, 09:45

The government is going to try to fight the RCMP LTD class action

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:27

All the info about the RCMP lawsuit is on the Latest News Bulletinboard on the main VVi site.
Though the lawsuit does not involve me I have asked to be put on the news distribution list and McInnes Cooper has agreed. So any memo's, news, info I recieve I will post on the Latest News.

Any comments from the ret'd RCMP are on the CSAT RCMP thread.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Thu 04 Oct 2012, 10:23

teentitan :

Any info.......on the RCMP lawsuit?(Oct 4)
(or has it been deleted?)

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Horseman Mon 01 Oct 2012, 19:59

Thank you, Teentitan, I will copy your info to the class as best I can but we are not quite as co-ordinated as you are, most of our vets are monitoring every tidbit of information at arms length. Peter knows who I am through my last email to him over a week ago...I don't say that adversarialy as most of us spend many hours in the courtroom and appreciate the latency of the judicial process at the best of times. But your message today is news for us so like most on this forum, I will wait in anticipation of a positive statement but mindful that this process may have more mileage on it yet! Having said that, thank you for passing this along.

Horseman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 01 Oct 2012, 14:44

Just got an email from Peter about the RCMP lawsuit. There will be a press release and a media blitz tomorrow (2 Oct).

Horseman could you pass the info along thru your channels. VVi will post all media reports on the latest news bulletinboard.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Horseman Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:17

Acerman;Anyone have info on how the RCMP are doing on there LTD class action? I notice that the (OUR) legal team is handling theirs as well. Will the RCMPget a better deal is they always do? We should follow this case as they are using us (SISIP) as an example.
As, our law firm and yours state on their webpage, the two cases are indistinquishable; both are based on the legality of deductions from SISIP benefits.In both cases SISIP deemed the PA injury award as income; both impacted veterans who range from partial to zero sum clients. As for the question of how are we doing,I haven't got a clue thus the reason I'm here in your forum and others looking for answers to these same questions. Ultimately the defendant,our Federal Government will have to decide whether its in the public interest to forge ahead notwithstanding Justice Barnes May decision in your case. But patience is a virtue and while there is virtually no factual differences between the two actions I'm in for the long haul.

Horseman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 18:34

teentitan:

When one group have choices and the other does not....
how can we be the same? We always get the short end
of the stick!

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 18:19

as well they should have if we had a choice we would have done the same as it sucks.i for one would never knock anyone for being smart.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next