Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability

4 posters

Go down

SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability Empty Re: SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:28

Wathever money you get from CCP, CCPD and or other's SISIP has le leagle right to deduct, it's part of the contract. In the case of CCPD (quebec version) I can make up 1440$ a month before they start deducting 50% of what I make over that, so I'm better of with CCPD than whit SISIP.
I have a biger margin before deductions because I think sisip claw back from the first dollar.

Back to top Go down

SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability Empty clawback

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:21

I left the military 1999 and got disability when I was released. My pension has not changed significantly since then but my disability benefit has changed each year with the cost of living. I also have a chronic very uncomfortable skin condition which developed after Chernobile nuclear fire in 1986, I am unable to work outside and have an increased risk of cancer. The doc said it would not contribute to my disability but it certainly has. I have been violently ill at times if I see the sun and this has limited my ability to live my life normally. Anyone have this experience? Anyone know who to talk to over and above the usual ones that take care of your files?

I also do not know how to tell if my pension was clawed back from my pay, that would have happened from the get go and I am not getting any answers from the people that take care of my paperwork. How do you find this information out??

This is all a bit over the top but I certainly would like some answers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 07:26

my oppinion oldsailor someday we will.it could happen in many ways ifs it goes through the courts i would expect the challange to start from the 2000 date on.it was probably april first.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Thu 29 Nov 2012, 07:02

i read the same online post about them cfsa and cpp being delinked, and the premiums going up in 1999.

why then is there still a clawback on the cfsa pension when collecting either cpp(d) or the regular reduced cpp.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 01:13

yes big rex that is true ive read a some on this ore at least what i can find witch isnt a lot i see no formula.the tearm bridge benifit although in place as far as i can see was first used in 99 in bill c-71.not sure what they called it before that but they had spin doctors then to so im sure they didnt call it the shaft benifit.only in canada can they take money away from you and call it a benifit.anyway this was what was given up by the unions and such in a deal to lower their pention and cpp primiums and the cds agreed to it for us lol.no bear in mind im tired and its late so my recolection may not be accurate.but guess what in 2000 they de linked the cfsa and cpp in bill c-78 and increace both primiums.so wholy old cake wobbolin frack they cut a deal to link the pentions to lower the primiums and we loose part of the cfsa when we are on both and then they de-link them raise the primiums and we still lose part of the cfsa what rock did these people crawl out out from under of all the no good m-f dirty acts.these people need to be lined up and shot with a ball of their own fecal matter.opps got carried away.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...anyway in everything ive read its leagal at least in my oppinion but it is challangeable.
allways question athority
propat

Last edited by propat on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 07:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Nov 2012, 22:30

Propat, the CPP clawback amount varies depending on the individual. I know that my CF pension is $1474 before taxes, and on each cheque stub it states that $321 is my bridge benefit that would cease upon receiving CPP. It's probably based on a percentage of the annuity, but I don't think anyone has been able to find anything actually published publicly stating what exactly is the formula. I find it funny that this practice of showing the bridge amount was only after Peter McKay used the term "bridge benefit" when defending the clawback, as if the term bridge benefit had always been there and everyone should have known about it. It's like he pulled it out of his behind, and that magically make it real.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 21:01

im on cppd was since before realeas and my military pention has been reduced by more than 300 becouse of this.i dont like this at all but im not sure what to do about it?im not sure much can be done as it does seem leagal but im dont think its fair.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Nov 2012, 20:13

My only real beef with the clawback of CPP, is when it involves disability. Many people are able to have a second career after the forces, but if your disability becomes so severe that you can no longer hold that job, you are not truly compensated for it, as CPP(D) was intended. For example, a CF member is medically released because of Diabetes (which will never be pensioned by VAC unless diagnosed in an operational theatre, like Afghanistan) at the age of 35 after serving 15 years, and makes $1500 per month from CFSA. He is then able to find a job where his illness is not a factor, earning another $2000, giving him a total monthly income of $3500. But after 10 years the diabetes has now caused him to go blind and lose his legs (both known side effects of diabetes) and can no longer work. He applies for CPP(D) because he is still only 45 and he qualifies for $1000 per month. But now his CFSA is reduced by $300, and he looses his entire income from his second career. So now, instead of $3500, this disabled Veteran has to survive off $2200 per month. After taxes, that Veteran is actually living at the Poverty line.At these amounts $300 dollars per month could make the difference of him going hungry or ending up homeless.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 16:24

nemo that i didnt know but i assume when this amalgamation plan was tabled it didnt include the option to take early cpp.in order to change it now they would have to present it to all unions concerned for a vote exept for a couple of obviouse exeptions like the military.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 28 Nov 2012, 13:41

One thing I wonder about......

Let's say you were not disabled. You qualified for your CFSA. At age 60, your CFSA would be indexed back 20 years. Then you apply for CPP at age 60. Your CFSA would NOT be clawed back till age 65.

So then what happens at age 60 for disabled vets who qualified for CFSA? One would think that the clawback would end from age 60 to 65 and then come back at age 65. If the clawback does NOT end from 60 to 65, then the system is flawed....again.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:22

well this was allways part of the sisip ltd contract so their is no fight there not a winable one anyway.however the army pention being clawed back do to ccp is a horse of a different color.not an easy fight on that front either but a winable one in my oppinion.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:03

I personally doubt the cpp clawback will end. The clawback applys to even civilian work pensions. My father worked at Ball packaging for 45 years and when he retired his union pension which is a nice one, was clawback dollar for dollar when he got his first cpp cheque. Its because cpp is income replacement, it was meant for that and is suppose to represent 25 percent of your working income. Thats why sisip still deducts it and every other insurance and pension does the same. I dont agree with it but i believe this is a losing battle because if they change it , they not only have to change it for veterans, but for every working and retired Canadian. Not enough money in all of Canada to do that

Back to top Go down

SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability Empty greed knows no bounds

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 06:07

It is absolutely none of sisip's business what other money a person earns, we paid them, now it is time for them to honor their agreement that we got strongarmed into and pony up the dough(remember this? are you a team player? you never know what could happen to you and you will need them then!!!) sounded like 'do as we say and nobody will get hurt!! they should wear ski masks
it is transparent what these greedy bastards are up to
saddest thing they are staffed mostly with ex servicemen

Back to top Go down

SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability Empty SISIP Clawback for CPP Disability

Post by oldsailor Thu 11 Oct 2012, 01:07

Will we also see a stop to the clawback for CPP Disability.
Wy is it that we have paid into the CPP and now that we are disabled and really need this, we are also clawback from SISIP

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down