Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEMO'S FROM MCINNES COOPER TO THE CLASS

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MEMO'S FROM MCINNES COOPER TO THE CLASS Empty Re: MEMO'S FROM MCINNES COOPER TO THE CLASS

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 07:54

Last intel from the source

Hello Steven,

SISIP/Manulife will be sending you a cheque containing the amounts for the time period in question. There will be no legal fees deducted from this cheque. For more information on this please contact SISIP directly.

The application process for the bursary fund still has some details to be worked out. Details will be made available to class members once finalized.

Best regards,
Kristine Hunter

Back to top Go down

MEMO'S FROM MCINNES COOPER TO THE CLASS Empty Re: MEMO'S FROM MCINNES COOPER TO THE CLASS

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 15:21

Yeah

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Jul 2013, 13:50

In my last conversation with Peter about the Education Bursary they were in the process of setting it up. Unfortunately it will not be ready before the start of this school year but once it is ready you can apply for the money and use it for the second semester.

Once all the kinks are worked out Peter will send the info along on LNVB and here on VVi.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 13:43

My son Ryan starts in September, how do you think we would work around this if its not until afterwards. Would I have to wait until next year to submit it for his second year of university
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:50

Unfortunately it will not be up and running until Oct/Nov.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 08:42

Any news yet regarding the scholarships
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:07

In the January 11, 2013 Memo there is a table/chart that does not copy correctly so to see the latest memo go to the following link....

http://veteranvoice.info/Archive/SISIP_JAN13_Examples%20of%20settlement%20and%20fees.pdf
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 18:04

Dennis Manuge,
I have only posted comments a couple times on this forum but wish to thank you for all you have done and all the BS you have taken from the numerous whiners and complainers. I always thought we were being wronged by GOC but thought there was nothing i could do about it. You carried the ball for us all. I could have opted out of the Class Action when i recd my letter but choose not to. In doing so I agreed to let the legal team do the job they were solicited to do. It is difficult for me to read many of the negative statements on here without wanting to reach out and touch someone. I was not a cook in the military but always felt so bad for them because they could cook the first 1094 great meals in a year (3 x 365) but let that 1095th meal be bad and all of a sudden, the whiners complain about the food and how bad it is. This is what I relate to your situation here. You've done a great service for us all so don't let the constant whiners get to you. We, the silent majority respect you and the process being completed on our behalf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 13 Dec 2012, 18:36

MEMORANDUM

TO: Members of the Class

DATE: December 13, 2012 File No.: PF-101

RE: Settlement Approval Hearing Scheduled for February 14 & 15, 2013 in Halifax

Dear Class Members:

We are pleased to report that negotiations with the Department of Justice have concluded as of Tuesday, December 4, 2012 with face to face meetings in Ottawa. Notice of the proposed settlement will be reviewed by the Court on January 9, 2013 and, if approved, promptly provided to Class Members. The settlement approval hearing is scheduled to be heard in the Federal Court in Halifax on February 14 & 15, 2013.

We are also pleased to advise that additional individuals were identified as “zero sum” recipients. This group is comprised of those “zero sum” individuals who did not submit evidence of continued total and permanent disability after 24 months. These individuals will receive correspondence from Manulife Financial advising them to submit medical and/or financial information.

In closing, we acknowledge the length of time that it has taken to arrive at the final resolution of this case, but we assure you that it was necessary, unavoidable and reasonable given the breadth of issues that were under discussion. There are significant administrative challenges in resolving an issue that affects so many people and that has existed since 1976. We, as counsel to the class, are very pleased with where we are in the negotiations and the process going forward. As the negotiations are complete, the Court must now approve the manner in which the proposed settlement is communicated to the Class. We therefore cannot outline the terms of the proposed resolution until the Court permits us to do so at the January 9, 2013 hearing. We look forward to being able to share the proposed resolution with you in January.

Peter Driscoll
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:30

dennis manuge or DM............(what ever)

Was it not you that told us that the "DEAL was DONE"(class action months ago?)

How can we ever believe you again??

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:28

Never doubted you for a second Dennis. Just a lot of conjecture on this website. Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

ARTE ET MARTE

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 04 Dec 2012, 17:16

Hi gents

FYI, I have been posting my comments for years and signing my name to things since I started this journey many years ago. I am happy to see that you guys took to insulting me under the guise that I am or was DM. I don't use initials or have I ever hid behind anonymity, so you might want to ask yourselves why i would start, and then be stupid enough to use my own initials.

In fact and Ron/Titan can attest to this, until five minutes ago, my username and access was limited to read only, as I purposely deleted my profile so I could not respond to the wild and crazy speculation going on out there. I coined the term arm chair quarterbacks in previous posts, that is for sure, but DM on CSAT is not me.

Any of you folks ever heard the term don't believe everything you read???

Perhaps, you might employ that in the future.

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 14 Nov 2012, 16:49

MEMORANDUM

TO: Members of the Class

DATE: November 13, 2012 File No.: PF-101

RE: Update on Class Action Negotiations

Class counsel have had, and continue to have, numerous in-depth meetings and discussions with the Department of Justice and Professor Stephen Toope. The meetings have been positive. The parties reported their progress to the Court on the afternoon of October 23, 2012.

A Case Management Conference is scheduled for the first week of December. We continue to target January 15 and 16, 2013 for the settlement approval hearing. If these dates do not allow for the required notice period to Class members, we have reserved back up dates of February 14 and 15, 2013.

The terms of any proposed resolution will be set out in a Court approved notice and delivered to all Class members at the same time.

Therefore, we cannot provide any further updates on the negotiations until a proposed resolution is finalized. This situation is temporary and to assist the negotiation process and to prevent rumours and misinformation from circulating. It also ensures that all members of the Class are fully informed at the same time.

While we would prefer to keep Class members informed of the status of ongoing negotiations at all times, we emphasize that the recent meetings were positive. Any proposed resolution will be completely transparent and sent to all Class members once proper notice is approved by the Court.

After receiving notice, Class members will be permitted to make submissions, either positive or negative, to the Court on the proposed resolution.

As we have advised from the beginning, no resolution is final unless the Court determines that it is fair, reasonable and in the best interests of the Class.

New Contact Information:

Please note that we have a new telephone number for members to contact us regarding the class action. The new number is (902) 444-8417.

As always, please feel free to contact us by email as well at:

SISIPClassAction@mcinnescooper.com

Peter Driscoll

/amh

NOTE DE SERVICE

DESTINATAIRES : Membres du recours collectif RARM

EXPÉDITEUR : Peter Driscoll

DATE : Le 13 novembre 2012 No de dossier : PF-101

OBJET : Bilan des négociations entourant le recours collectif

Les avocats du recours collectif ont tenu, et continuent à tenir, de nombreuses réunions et discussions approfondies avec le ministère de la Justice et le professeur Stephen Toope. Les rencontres ont été positives. Les parties ont donné un compte rendu de leur progrès à la cour, le 23 octobre 2012, en après-midi.

Une conférence de gestion des cas est censée avoir lieu la première semaine de décembre. Nous continuons à cibler les 15 et 16 janvier 2013 comme dates de tenue de l’audience d’approbation du règlement. Si ces dates ne nous permettent pas de respecter la période d’avis requise pour les membres du recours collectif, nous avons réservé les 14 et 15 février 2013 comme dates de réserve.

Les dispositions de tout règlement proposé seront établies dans un avis approuvé par la cour et envoyé en même temps aux membres du recours collectif.

Par conséquent, nous ne pouvons vous fournir d’autres mises à jour sur les négociations jusqu’à ce que le règlement proposé soit finalisé. Cette situation temporaire ne pourra qu’appuyer le processus de négociations et prévenir la propagation de rumeurs et de renseignements erronés. De cette façon, nous pouvons également nous assurer que tous les membres du recours collectif sont entièrement informés au même moment.

Bien que nous préférions tenir les membres du recours collectif au courant des négociations actuelles en tout temps, nous voulons insister sur le fait que les rencontres récentes ont été positives. Tout règlement proposé sera entièrement transparent et envoyé aux membres du recours collectif une fois que la cour aura approuvé l’avis approprié.

Après avoir reçu l’avis, les membres du recours collectif pourront soumettre leurs commentaires à la cour, qu’ils soient positifs ou négatifs, au sujet du règlement proposé.

Comme nous l’avons mentionné dès le début, aucun règlement n’est final à moins que la cour ne le juge équitable, raisonnable et établi dans l’intérêt supérieur du recours collectif.

Nouvelles coordonnées :

Veuillez noter que nous avons un nouveau numéro de téléphone que les membres peuvent composer pour communiquer avec nous au sujet du recours collectif. Ce numéro est le 902-444-8417.

Et, comme toujours, n’hésitez surtout pas à communiquer avec nous par courriel si vous le souhaitez :

SISIPClassAction@mcinnescooper.com

Peter Driscoll

/amh

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 19:15

PMED - Drop the the blog for 1 week please - don't post anything, Go take a walk and enjoy life, Go shopping,buy a movie. Drop it. Respectfully, drop it.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 08:15

Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012

Oct 15, 2012

After further negotiations with the Department of Justice we are pleased to announce that payments to “zero sum” members will commence on October 22, 2012, and will be completed no later than November 9, 2012.

“Zero sum” members are those members of the class who have received nothing from SISIP LTD due to the deduction of their VAC disability payments.

Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you follow all of the steps outlined below. These steps are described as agreed with the Department of Justice.

Starting no later than October 22, 2012, monthly SISIP LTD benefits will be paid to those zero sum claimants identified by Manulife Financial as being entitled to benefits and whose file has been closed for more than two years due to the Pension Act offset. The issuing of the cheques by Manulife Financial will be completed no later than November 9, 2012. The effective date of the payments will be October 1, 2012.

These monthly LTD payments will be made on a without prejudice basis for an initial period of 90 days until February 8, 2013. Without prejudice means that you will be paid benefits pending the processing of your file by Manulife Financial as outlined below. There are no guarantees that the benefits will continue unless you qualify under the terms of the policy as adjudicated by Manulife under this process.

The payments will correspond to the last calculation that was made by Manulife Financial before it was offset to zero due to the Pension Act offset, plus an adjustment based on the cost of living indexed from the date of closure of the claim to the present date. If, after the removal of the Pension Act offset, remaining offsets do not put this claim in a positive pay status, no without prejudice payments will be made.

You will not be required to provide medical or financial information in order to start receiving the LTD payments for the initial 90 days.

On or before February 9, 2013, claimants will be required to fill out and return a Declaration to Manulife Financial providing a status update on their medical condition and financial circumstances for the purpose of continuing the without prejudice payments. The Declaration will be provided to the members by Manulife Financial on or before November 9, 2012.

If the Declaration indicates that the claimant’s medical condition and financial information have not changed since the closure of the file, the claimant will not be required to provide additional information to Manulife Financial.

If the Declaration indicates a change in the medical condition and/or financial information, Manulife Financial will require the claimant to provide additional information.

In the event the Declaration is not supplied by February 9, 2013, the monthly LTD payments would cease.

If the Declaration is submitted by February 9, 2013, Manulife Financial will continue to pay, on a without prejudice basis, the monthly LTD payments until April 30, 2013, for a total of 180 days.

During this time, Manulife Financial will review the files and determine the actual entitlements to LTD benefits based on the information on file and the information submitted by the claimants. Payments will be made accordingly.

At any time that full information is received from the claimants, Manulife Financial will adjudicate their claims and payments will be made on the basis of their adjudication results, which could occur anytime between February 9 and April 30, 2013.

If additional information requested by Manulife Financial has not been provided by the claimant by April 30, 2013, the without prejudice payments would cease. Permanent LTD payments would not be commenced until the information has been provided and Manulife Financial has determined the actual entitlement to LTD benefits.

If the review conducted by Manulife ultimately reveals either overpayments or underpayments during the period of 180 days, Manulife Financial will make the necessary adjustments.

• In the event of an overpayment, Manulife Financial will make the adjustments, first out of any retroactive payments, and second, out of future payments if there is no retroactive entitlement or such is not sufficient to recover the adjustment. In the event it is later determined that the claimant is not entitled to retroactive and future payments, Manulife Financial will seek to recover the overpayments from the claimants.

• If an underpayment was made during the period of 180 days, Manulife Financial will pay the difference to the claimant.

Zero sum members who file a Declaration and whose claims are accepted by Manulife Financial on an interim basis, still must provide ongoing proof of disability or continued eligibility to receive SISIP LTD as required under the terms of the Policy in future.

The terms of this interim agreement are subject to any final agreement reached between Counsel for the Class and the Government of Canada, and approved by the Court.

If you have any questions with regard to the information provided above, please contact SISIP at 1-855-370-0025. We note that this toll free number has been established for “zero sum” members and should not be used for general inquiries on the status of the negotiations or issues with respect to retroactive payments.

And, as always, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:

By email: SISIPClassAction@mcinnescooper.com
By phone: (902) 455-8140.

Peter Driscoll

/amh

À la suite d’autres négociations avec le ministère de la Justice, nous sommes heureux de vous annoncer que le paiement aux membres à « somme nulle » commencera le 22 octobre 2012 et se terminera le 9 novembre 2012, au plus tard.

Les membres à « somme nulle » sont les personnes du recours collectif qui n’ont rien reçu des prestations d’ILD du RARM en raison de la déduction de leurs paiements d’invalidité d’ACC.

Veuillez lire attentivement l’information suivante pour vous assurer de suivre toutes les étapes expliquées ci-dessous. Ces dernières sont décrites conformément à l’entente avec le ministère de la Justice.

Pas plus tard que le 22 octobre 2012, les prestations mensuelles d’ILD du RARM seront versées aux demandeurs à somme nulle identifiés par la Financière Manuvie comme étant admissibles aux prestations et dont le dossier a été fermé pendant plus de deux ans en raison des déductions de la Loi sur les pensions. La Financière Manuvie aura fini d’émettre des chèques le 9 novembre 2012, au plus tard. La date d'entrée en vigueur des paiements sera le 1er octobre 2012.

Ces paiements mensuels d’ILD seront versés sans préjudice pour une période initiale de 90 jours jusqu’au 8 février 2013. L’expression « sans préjudice » signifie que vos prestations vous seront versées sous réserve du traitement de votre dossier par la Financière Manuvie, comme expliqué ci-dessous. Il n’y a pas de garantie que les prestations continueront à moins que vous ne soyez admissible en vertu de la politique, comme décidé par la Financière Manuvie dans le cadre de ce processus.

Les paiements correspondront aux plus récents calculs effectués par la Financière Manuvie avant qu’ils n’aient été réduits en raison des déductions de la Loi sur les pensions, plus un ajustement basé sur l’indice du coût de la vie à partir de la date de clôture de la demande de paiement jusqu’à aujourd’hui. Si, après le retrait des déductions de la Loi sur les pensions, les déductions restantes ne donnent pas lieu à un statut positif de paiement, des paiements sans préjudice seront versés.

Vous n’aurez pas à fournir de renseignements médicaux ou financiers pour commencer à recevoir des paiements d’ILD pour les 90 jours initiaux.

Le 9 février 2013 ou avant cette date, les demandeurs devront remplir une déclaration et la retourner à la Financière Manuvie fournissant une mise à jour de leur état médical et de leurs circonstances financières pour continuer à recevoir des paiements sans préjudice. La Financière Manuvie fournira la déclaration aux membres le 9 novembre 2012 ou avant cette date.

Si la déclaration indique que l’état médical et les renseignements financiers du demandeur n’ont pas changé depuis la fermeture du dossier, le demandeur ne sera pas tenu de fournir de renseignements supplémentaires à la Financière Manuvie.

Si la déclaration indique un changement d’état médical ou de renseignements financiers, ou les deux, la Financière Manuvie nécessitera des renseignements supplémentaires du demandeur.

Dans l’éventualité où la déclaration n’est pas fournie avant le 9 février 2003, les paiements mensuels d’ILD cesseront.

Si la déclaration est soumise d’ici le 9 février 2003, la Financière Manuvie continuera de verser, sans préjudice, les paiements mensuels d’ILD jusqu’au 30 avril 2013, pour un total de 180 jours.

Durant cette période, la Financière Manuvie passera en revue les dossiers et déterminera la véritable admissibilité aux prestations d’ILD en fonction de l’information contenue dans le fichier et les renseignements soumis par les demandeurs. Des paiements seront versés en conséquence.

À tout moment que des renseignements complets sont reçus des demandeurs, la Financière Manuvie se prononcera sur leur demande et versera des paiements en fonction des résultats de la décision, ce qui pourrait avoir lieu en tout temps entre le 9 février 2013 et le 30 avril 2013.

Si la Financière Manuvie demande de l’information supplémentaire et que le demandeur ne l’a pas fournie avant le 30 avril 2013, le principe de versement sous préjudice ne s’appliquera plus. Le versement des paiements permanents d’ILD ne débutera que lorsque l’information sera soumise et que la Financière Manuvie aura déterminé la véritable admissibilité aux prestations d’ILD.

Si l’examen de la Financière Manuvie finit par révéler qu’il y a eu des paiements excédentaires ou des paiements insuffisants durant la période de 180 jours, la Financière Manuvie apportera les ajustements nécessaires.

• Dans l’éventualité d’un paiement excédentaire, la Financière Manuvie apportera les ajustements, qu’elle tirera en premier lieu de tout paiement rétroactif et, en deuxième lieu, des futurs paiements s’il n’y a pas d’admissibilité rétroactive ou que la somme n’est pas suffisante pour recouvrer l’ajustement. S’il est déterminé plus tard que le demandeur n’avait pas droit à des paiements rétroactifs et futurs, la Financière Manuvie tentera de recouvrer les paiements excédentaires auprès des demandeurs.

• S’il y a eu un paiement insuffisant durant la période de 180 jours, la Financière Manuvie versera la différence au demandeur.

Les membres à somme nulle qui soumettent une déclaration et dont la demande de paiement est acceptée par la Financière Manuvie sur une base intérimaire doivent tout de même fournir une preuve d’invalidité ou d’admissibilité pour continuer de bénéficier d’une ILD du RARM, comme requis par les dispositions de la politique dans le futur.

Les modalités de cette entente intérimaire sont assujetties à toute entente finale conclue entre l’avocat du recours collectif et le gouvernement du Canada, et doivent être approuvées par la cour.

Si vous avez des questions au sujet de l’information fournie dans la présente, veuillez communiquer avec le RARM au 1-855-370-0025. Nous avons appris qu’il s’agit d’un numéro sans frais établi pour les membres à « somme nulle » et ne devrait pas être utilisé pour des demandes d’ordre général au sujet du déroulement des négociations ou pour des questions relatives aux paiements rétroactifs.

Et, comme toujours, n’hésitez surtout pas à communiquer avec nous des façons suivantes :

Par courriel : SISIPClassAction@mcinnescooper.com
Par téléphone : 902-455-8140.

Peter Driscoll

/amh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next