Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats deducted from what?

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Whats deducted from what? Empty Re: Whats deducted from what?

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 07:56

yes big rex but it shouldnt matter to them if their opproval criteria is stringent ore not.even if it was easy to get and everyone that applied got it they still should not be doing the math and then telling cm's to lie to cliants becose it would be to expencive if they didnt.it is good to let disabled vets know this is a difficult prosses big rex and im glad you did so the many with ptsd understand this as it may be something that they may not be able to handle.that is why i think these free discussions are so important.but all disabled vet more importantly should know they are allowed to apply regardless of what their cm tells them.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Oct 2012, 23:47

I agree propat, my point was to the comment that VAC uppers and the Tories, I'm sure, are worried that people will try to abuse the programs, but they fail to see that with the strict requirements that are already in place to qualify for these programs, they should not lie to or refuse applications to anyone. If a Veteran cannot meet the criteria, they don't get the benefit, and that isn't going to change if the application is sent out the first time it's requested, or the tenth time. They also have to realize that we are no longer just going to accept whatever they say over the phone, because we now know that they have been trying to deflect applications.

Also, what did they think would happen? None of this would be happening if they hadn't tried saving money by bringing in the NVC. Veterans would have gone on happily receiving their monthly pensions under the Pension Act. They're the ones who created these programs, to soften the blow of losing the disability pensions, and now they're pissed that Veterans are actually trying to access them. In fact, if it hadn't been for the NVC and that the new disability awards were exempt from the SISIP clawback, but only on a going forward basis, Dennis may not have been prompted to seek legal counsel.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 23:19

pmed posted a not on the ombudsmans topic area maybe he will see it.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 22:53

yes bigrex we do understand that to be trure but regardless if you are on nvc ore pa ore a combination you are entitled to apply.our issue is why are so many being told their not.whether they will qualify ore not they still should not be lied to by vac cm's telling them they cant even apply.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 22:42

ya the OT I had, had already decided before he got here....whose workin for who here?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Oct 2012, 22:37

The thing is, you just can't say that you're too disabled to work, and they send you the money. There is a meeting with your CM, there is paperwork sent to your doctor to complete, and I had to see a occupational Therapist and have a functional capacity exam, to see what my limitations are. There are checks and balances to ensure that only those who deserve it qualify, but they at least have to give everyone the opportunity to prove they deserve it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 22:27

yes pmed they are like sisip now and they were so good a few years back. im not sure what happened to them but i am sure its comming from the top down.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 22:22

Sounds like another good reason to talk to the Vet Obudsman...Well CWO Guy are you reading any of these posts? Oh silient one..don't read your blogs on your site cause...well...you have nothing to say...yaya...behind the scene and all that, but dude, where is the Beef? show us how you earn your $$$ dude...

Mis-info, deny services....gee sounds like SISIP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 21:17

navrat same old story they know they are eligable to apply but keep telling them they are not i have no idea why maybe they are working on reverse commision now.this angers me grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 21:13

I hear alot of that from the guys i talk to, thats it hard to get, I have even been told that VAC doesnt want to give it out becuase they are afraid it will turn into another pension and nobody who can work will want to, but this is only from what i heard, so i dont know if it is 100 percent accurate, but from what i have read and seen VAC is not telling alot of guys they qualify for it or some are not even letting them apply. Who really knows??

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Oct 2012, 21:01

I would call and talk to someone else because your CM is completely wrong
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 20:57

its bs pmed you are entitled to elb eelb pia and suplement a lot will tel you your not just tell them to send you the forms anyway.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 20:35

I was told by VAC Kirland lake (No CM assigned) that because I'm, old (prior to '06), I was not eliagble (sp) for anything like ELB etc....only way to get more $ was to increase assistants allowance..

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Oct 2012, 20:25

if you are severely disabled, the EELB is only hard to get if you don't have a decent CM, that is willing to actually push it through. Also, do not get caught up with your percentage you receive from VAC. There is no minimum disability level to qualify for the ELB Once on ELB and the pensioned condition causes a total and permanent impairment (TPI) either wholly or in part, along with non pensioned conditions, it can be converted to the EELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 19:12

Greatfoot, I am old charter as well 107 percent vac, but in 2006 my vac worker who because I would not work again, wanted me on the rehab program for the supplementary retirement benefit , so she got me on the rehab, then when you are on the rehab they access you as able to get trained and work or they declared you tpi, they declared me tpi so I was put on extended earnings loss benefit,EEBL, this provides you with a minimum 40000 before taxes a year until age 65. It is hard to get on both, I was told they stopped doing that a couple of years ago, I only get the 40000 before taxes because I get EIA, I can not receive PIA or supplement I was told, but because I am EELB I can not be taken off it, Big Rex might be able to explain it a bit better since I think he is also on EELB. I was told EELB is very hard to get now

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next