Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

+20
prawnstar
pinger
johnny211
RCN-Retired
loggie
OldZipperhead
tinybubbles
Jeffery M
Recon031
ghillie
Dove96
DeeCee
rucksack031
Rifleman
meathead
sailor964
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
Teentitan
bigrex
24 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS - Page 28 Empty Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by sailor964 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:29

A very powerful message.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 08:08

I have come back from a good time, jumped in on a few conversations while i was gone so I will make this brief troops. You are never alone your a message away from help, never feel alone never feel defeated just feel alive and feel the knowledge that we are trying to give you. For FACK sakes ask and we will help the best we can, we will table the question and together get you answers thats what we do VETS FOR VETS VETS HELPING VETS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 17:56

Thanks buddy your adopting the royal creed, shoot first and ask questions later very fitting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 15 Apr 2013, 08:10

Robbie, Nicely done!

"Shades of Grey" would have been fully written 8 years ago but War Crimes Tribunal and now SISIP fight kinda make a nice last few chapters. Watch and shoot soldiers untold story of Canadas forgotten war is comming.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 15:58

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

First, have unshakeable faith that can stand the ridicule of the ignorant, worldly and the low-minded. When someone ridicules you, reflect within yourself - Are they ridiculing my body or soul? If they are ridiculing my body, they are helping me develop detachment! Ridiculing the soul is impossible, for, the Atma is beyond praise or blame, words or thoughts. Then repeat to yourself, “I am the Eternal Self, Pure and Immovable (Nirmala, Nischala) and so I must transcend this feeling.” Secondly, do not worry about ups and downs, loss or gain, joy or grief. You are the creator of your own destiny. You crave for something - when you get it, you feel joyful! If you don’t get it, you are in despair. Cut the craving off, and there will be no more swings between joy and grief. Finally, be convinced in the Omnipresence of Divinity.
-BABA

Don't know who BABA is but He or She makes sense.
Good Luck All.
Cheers
John.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:46

Hey Robbie I think everyone here will tell you when it's time to "shut the hell up". Until then fill your boots!!!

When I got the "Dear John" letter from wife #1 in Alert I signed up for a college night class called "Using divorce and separation as a time for growth". One of the healing therapies was talk about the relationship.

So why not talk about our injuries (mental and physical) to help us understand our pain and suffering. Maybe learn a tip or two we did not know about on how to deal with the problem. But most of all this community is, mostly, made up of broken soldiers so we already "understand" where each one of us is coming from and what we have to deal with.

This is the place where "suffering in silence" is not allowed!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:36

Damn it Sapper you got me brother, I am emphatically clad with that air you speak of thank you, seriously it feels awesome to reach into a community such as ours and actually feel alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 11 Apr 2013, 09:25

RobbieRoyal...thanks for the most eloquent post. Your words hung in the air this morning. Thick, meaningful, graceful. I sit here awakening from a tough night of pain, nursing a coffee, and see the thought process and indeed the man behind the words. You are a warrior poet. I almost feel lighter, released from guilt and shame. The guilt and shame most here understand, of shortened careers, missing and broken limbs, unfulfilled dreams and the other dark things we dare not discuss. As for the rest who posted in follow-up, I thank you for either agreeing with the written words or adding your own. This day will be better. I thank you all. Holdfast...wait one...
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 09:09

Ok sorry for the long winded post troops but if ya know me then you know I can't shut the hell up. So with that I will relay quickly a conversation I had over the phone in regards to the post. In summary my intent is and always will be that we as veterans do not need to compete with each other when it comes to issues dealing with our illnesses or our limitations. We are whoever allowed to compete when it comes to telling our hero stories lol and why not but we have to respect our society and never never use any disability against each other. I earned my disability and I live with it, I may not like it but I am proud of my dedication to serving with, along side of, in front of, behind of and occasionally above (jumper thing lol) any and all of you soldiers. I am humbled to be among greatness and I want to thank Ron Cundell AKA DeanTeen for allowing VVI to represent all soldiers, past present and future, may all our stories find a heart and a special place within our Canadian Heritage. Ok shutting up now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 05:33

PBaumer Welcome aboard my friend and be rest assured many have seen these antics and many have made comments but the bottom line was we did not understand how the system worked, we had no idea that we could have hired our own lawyer and had him removed as Lead Plaintiff due to his ongoing emotional and destructive behavior. Now that the suit is all but done and the checks will sent out veterans are now in post suit mode and obviously very disgusted by the actions and performance from the latest attacks on disabled veterans. I am glad you are here and are one of the ones assisting vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 00:12

now that's why I joined csat last summer
----to protect &support those who needed help
---to stand up to those who would take advantage of us
---to educate those who misunderstand us
---to learn how I can understand myself
---to never enter into that dance of authority thinking they can make me feel like I don't deserve help, or even deserve to live
----
I have seen the lead plaintiff the way he has been for years &still I kept giving him a break while he stepped on those I cared about---I feel ashamed that I did not stand up to him on csat until this past summer---I owe him no apology whatsoever---- but I owe my fellow soldiers one for not believing they would see the damage he was causing---I was wrong---you have seen what I saw &I am freakin' inspired ---
as bigrex writes---he should be thanking us for not just making his legal fees lower but for giving him so many chances we would never have given anyone else---
that bridge aint worth repairing now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 17:44

Hey, don't mess with my flipper pie, its right sum good bye.
Anyway, a dude called Maslow wrote what he thought are the 5 needs of us humans. They are called Maslow's laws and are as follows:
Pysiological (food , shelter clothing)
Safety (safe from enemies, predators etc)
Social (interaction with fellow humans, part of group IE. CSAT)
Esteem (feeling good about oneself)
Self Actualization (realizing your goals, asperations etc)

The blanket rude comments made toward us CSAT members mainly affects the fourth need of Esteem but also touches on Social and Self Actualization. Just something to ponder.

Peace, Love and Bobby Sherman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:35

Stay strong, Wills, I heard retro can buy a shit load of seal flipper pie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:31

RR....thanks for the huge paragraphs written above as it does give me strength as i can see perfectly where you are coming from. The rude comments by a certain individual did indeed knock the wind out of my sails. yes, words such as Bully do ring true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:43

First off "This is one HELL of a community!!!" You are all worthy of a round of applause from the CSAT Forum Master.

Robbie...no words can describe what you said. The hits and comments say it all.

As the SISIP lawsuit winds down to a conclusion another fight with the GoC is about to start the Equitas lawsuit.

We have all learned lessons on how a community should interact with each other, respect each other, work with each other. As challenging as the SISIP LTD issue was the NVC is a steeper hill and will require a whole different strategy. If we act like we have the GoC will pick us apart and keep the high ground.

We are the teachers for the injured veterans of the NVC. We need to lead by example and help them win their legal fight with the GoC. We need to be stronger community leaders in the way we act, speak, communicate with each other, NVC vets, the lead plaintiffs, and the law firm.

So let's ponder our previous mistakes and make sure we do not carry them forward. As they say if you fail to learn from your history then you are doomed to repeat it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next