Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old news or New news , not sure

2 posters

Go down

Old news or New news , not sure Empty Re: Old news or New news , not sure

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:58

Good for you TTT hope you get your $ sooner than later.

I have had all my paper work up to date with SISIP since Day one never missed a single year of paper work, TPI since 2002 I believe. It was confirmed again 2012 with a letter of course so no question about paper work so here I sit waitting not to frustrated LOL able to hang on Knowing that I am not alone and I have support of others to help through the rough spots. so if it is Oct 15th oh well, yes i will be stressed and if it is Nov 15th I will be a bit more stressed never the less it will be over and I can move on with my life and do things for those in my extended family that cannot do for them selves due to Cancer, ALS, Blindness, OLD age to name a few so yes the waiting is tough but it is almost over and for that I am glad, my pain and suffering is small when I think of others and what they are and have gone through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 08:52

Glad to hear things moved fast for you TTT. IT is nice to walk to the mailbox and receive a nice surprise like that. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Thu 04 Jul 2013, 21:33

Hey thanks sparrow, I appreciate that. My apologies to those vets who are still waiting to hear the outcome of their own case, I didn't mean to sound as though I am gloating. I thought that maybe those still waiting might get some comfort knowing that it shouldn't be a long, drawn out process. At least it doesn't appear to be. Three(3) weeks is nothing. Dan Wallace is on top of it.

TTT

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 21:04

Wonderful news TTT, very happy for you and commendations to Dan Wallace at MC....well done...

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Thu 04 Jul 2013, 20:38

Thought I would provide an update. Not cuz you care, lol, but just so you can get an idea as to the time frame of event's. As I pointed out earlier in this thread, IAW the settlement, "Refunds shall be made within 6 month's after Manual Life has received the requested information". Well, my file had to go to adjudication. I have confirmation that Manual Life "received the requested information" via Canada Post Signature Service on the 16th of June. Here it is, the 4th of July, 18 DAYS LATER, I get a letter today from Manual Life informing me I have been accepted for LTD benefits going forward. It came with a check for $12,000.00 to cover payments from 1 Oct 2012 to present. The letter stated that I would also receive retro backdated to 01 Jan 2003. Happy, happy, happy!! My guess is that my retro to 2003 was calculated at the same time they calculated my retro from the 01 Oct to present, and that maybe, just maybe, I won't have to wait 6 month's after all. One thing is for certain...the speed in which all this took place, took me completely by surprise, and now I'm sitting here toasting Dan "the man" Wallace at MC for the 10th time I think What a Face

TTT

TripleT
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:10

SISIP has until October 15th to complete the 7500 claims then send them to MC by the end of October and MC sends the cheques around the 10th of November.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 09:50

Triple, good observation, I did not think of that, thanks for pointing that out, and I edited my post to reflect that. And I hope that you get yours a lot sooner than Nov.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:44

My retro has nothing to do with reinstatement because I was never instated. I am a zero sum 24 months non TPI and I was told that the current list of retro's will be complete on November 1st.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:30

Trooper, if you will permit me, you made an important statement when you said those who have been re-instated will get their retro within the 6 month's following the judges decision. That will be true for those vets whose files are up to date and completed, however if you go to the proposed settlement, Para 11 abcd and e, where it describes the different groups within the class, after sub para d, it reads "which Refunds shall be made within six month's after Manuallife Financial has received the requested information from the class member. Particularly in my case, I just confirmed Manuallife has received my info a week ago, so that means they have 6 month's from June 12 to pay me, which makes that right about Nov-Dec (God forbid) I'm hoping that by the time I get a decision if I will be re-instated, the distribution process will be over the hiccups, and I won't have to wait the full 6 month's.

I just wanted to point out that not everyone should expect to see their retro within the 6 month's following Judge Barns acceptance of the proposed agreement.

TripleT
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 20:05

Well the next batch numbers should give us and Idea on what to expect. I would think anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 20:02

Unless Manulife has filed a motion for an Extention , going beyond Oct . 15 , 2013 then Manulife would .......VIOLATE  THE  COURT  ORDER............

Gives grounds for another Lawsuit & to include Damages this time .

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of..............7............. still not processed.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 19:59

No, it is still Oct 15. Those that were reinstated will get their retro within the 6 Months time frame as ordered, minus 4 Months that will come from Manulife around the same time that we receive our retro from MC.

As pointed out by a fellow member, those members that fall into a certain group, IE para 11, with ref: to  sub para d  of the proposed agreement, may see a later date that is ref: to the six Months time frame. As stated in the agreement once they have received all the info, they will have six Months from that date.

Last edited by trooper on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 09:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Old news or New news , not sure Empty Old news or New news , not sure

Post by 1993firebird Wed 19 Jun 2013, 19:54

I stated this to a SISIP employee -

I thought SISIP had 6 months from April 15th to finish the retro which would be October 15.

And I was told this -

That is correct however the final remittance to McInnes Cooper will be done on Nov 1 as it's done on the first of the month following the adjustments.

So that makes the final cheques , November 15th , not October 15th.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down