Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION

+3
cosmo12
abetterway
loggie
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION - Page 2 Empty Re: TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 09:52

outstanding my brother simply outstanding

Back to top Go down

TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION - Page 2 Empty Re: TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION

Post by loggie Sun 16 Feb 2014, 12:44

If we all just took a minute and sent a quick note to our MP then they might just realize how big and strong we are. i.e. a large group of indiviuduals and not just one or two small bands, fighting for one or two things. Let's show them how big we really are.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 12:06

Great email loggie, any passed on concerns to your MP will show them what is on your mind, therefore That in itself is a good thing.

Back to top Go down

TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION - Page 2 Empty TAKING THE TIME TO VOICE OUR OPINION

Post by loggie Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:25

For what it is worth I thought I would share an e-mail I sent to my MP.
I do not know how much good it will do but if we all just take a few minutes and send them a short burst letting them know that they should keep their heads down but their eyes and ears open then maybe it will help. I say maybe because we all know that the current PM runs his shop like a dictator and many of elected soldiers are scared to death of him. But who knows, maybe a little nudging can start a ground swell that may make the PM open "our wallet" up thereby getting us the benefits we truly deserve.
Hey it cannot hurt to try.
As a soldier who has left parts of himself in various locations during my service I was wondering why the government of the day keeps on taking apart veterans piece by piece? You closed up Veterans Offices and are leading us towards the doors of a one stop shop where we line up with the same people who have EI questions or need a new health card. Honestly, how much knowledge about our unique and specific situations do you think these folks will have? The standard answer will be a book one and as we all know the book is a general guideline and NOT the final answer. I will provide you with three examples of how a bureaucrat and the book worked out for me:
1. I had just had my knee replaced and was prescribed blood thinners to help avoid clotting. My wife went to the pharmacy to get them and came home and told me they cost X amount of dollars. I said she should not have paid as this is all part of my pensionable condition. So I got on the phone and spoke directly to one of the bureaucrats who had the book in front of him. He told me, "blood thinners are not on the list of drugs associated with that surgery". I asked him if he was a doctor - NO - was he a nurse - NO - did he have any medical experience whatsoever - NO - so I said what are you? He replied he was just doing his job as an administrator. Long story short, a week later, after my surgeon had to write a letter explaining why blood thinners were necessary, I received my re-imbursement and an apology.
2. I was prescribed an anti-depressant by my pyschiatrist and so I went and had the presription filled only to be told that I had to pay because it was not on "the official list" of approved drugs. So my pyschiatrist then had to write a letter explaining why we were doing what we were doing and I received my re-imbursement.
3. I receive chiropractic care for my knee and back conditions and there are set financial limits as to how much one can receive. Once that limit is reached you can have your doctor send in a report asking for additional funding. In my case I have had to do that and the hassle of dealing with the bureacratic BS has my doctor not wanting to get involved with the system anymore.
In the reply from VAC to my doctors letter they stated,
"Based on the information we have, your situation does not meet our criteria for approving extra treatments. In your case, there was no resonable objective statement of observations, findings, and/or conclusions (eg state of your condition at the beginning of treatment and how it has changed) for an attainable outcome in the plan recently submitted."
The meet and potatoes of my doctors letter, similar to what has been submitted - AND always approved - over the past 5 years, is that my condition is permanent and will never get better. BUT here we go with some bureaucrat and his book who has the authority to play God, and does so! meanwhile I have to suffer and go through the appeals process which will end up costing more then the cost of the outstanding request for additional clinical visits. Let's allow a bureaucrat to waste taxpayers money because he can. That just does not work for me!
These are three examples whereby if we had more medical staff on board we could avoid a lot of these hassles. AND they are hassles - things those of us suffering from PTSD really do not need. A simple phone call from their end to my doctor could have avoided a lot of the problems as well as saving taxpayers at least $150 (the cost of the 2 letters). Not a huge sum but if you consider how many there are of us who go through these hassles on a regular basis then it really adds up.
If the Progressive Consevative Party really cared about the troops then they should start standing up and being pro-active in getting us the support we need. Mr. Fantino's actions with regards to the Veterans who wanted a meeting with him was abysmal and inexcusable. The fact that our Ombudsman, Mr. Parent, is constantly being ignored shows us the government does not care about us. And now you announce that retired soldiers and Mounties, along with wounded veterans and their families, are among a group of former federal employees that the government targeted for savings in its budget Tuesday. HOWEVER, the PSHCP is a private health care plan established for the benefit of federal Public Service employees, members of the Canadian Forces and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, members of Parliament, federal judges, employees of a number of designated agencies and corporations, and persons receiving pension benefits based on service in one of these capacities.
In your economic plan, you, the government, announced it was going after $7.5 billion in savings by forcing participants in the government’s health plan for public servants to pay half of the costs, up from 25 per cent. Prior to 2006, it was even lower than that.
QUESTION? Does the “group” that the government has targeted include federal judges and members of Parliament? AND why try and save money off of the backs of those who are already suffering for having served their country? Cut back on the attack ads against the opposition and use those 10's of millions of my dollars to fund savings thereby allowing us veterans some peace and comfort in our final years.
Look at the money that was wasted in Manuge vs the Government over the clawback of SISIP funds.
The government is great at wasting money on itself but terrible at saving it and using it for those of us who have served our country so that folks like yourself can sit there in Ottawa and collect big paycheques and huge pensions. If not for being injured I would have had to work 27 years before I could have collected my pension, not six like politicians.
Mr Stanton, I sincerely hope YOU, and not a staffer of yours, takes the time to read and respond to this. It would be even better if there was something you could do to help me and my fellow soldiers.
I believe it is the least you can do for for so few who willing sacrificed so much for so many.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2