Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY RANT

2 posters

Go down

MY RANT Empty Re: MY RANT

Post by loggie Thu 06 Mar 2014, 15:48

Could not AGREE more Sapper, well put

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:12

Good post Loggie. The real problem I see is the fact that we, disabled veterans and the entire Veterans affairs ministry is being run like a business. Cut the fat, the programs, the money. That is the mentality of our leaders today.
The social protection offered from the First World War was good. The social benefits from WWII better. Then came Korea-worse, then peace keepers-worse, now NVC-terrible. We are a distinct society of Canadian Patriots, and should get distinct benefits. And be run by our peers. We are an amazingly wealthy country. We should look after our own. My opinion.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:55

We also need our Policians to get a grip on the bureaucratic bumblers who work for them. They need a reminder that they are not there to make decisions but to apply policy. The politicians then save face by not having to explain why some bumbling twit said no when in reality he should have asked a question, gotten the information, and then could have said yes!

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

MY RANT Empty MY RANT

Post by loggie Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:47

MY RANT

We are a small, dedicated, and often talked about, group of individuals who suffer in many different ways.
Sometimes we suffer aloud, sometimes we suffer in lonely silence but what hurts the most is that we often suffer at the hands of others who think they know what is best for us!
These “others” are the same ones who decided our fate; and yes we willingly went, fore it is what we believed was right. Our country and her interests deserve to be protected and that is where we, the men and women who went off to faraway lands to do as we were told, came into harm’s way.
In actual time, some of those travels seem like yesterday for some, and a million years ago for others. The pain and suffering is never ending and despite the assistance of a few, far too many still suffer; and whether it is alone, aloud or both, it is still at the hands of those “others”.
Oh yes they claim to be trying to offer us aide and assistance but their talk is cheap and their efforts weak. If they really wanted to they could make us more comfortable; ease the burdens, financially, physically and emotionally. But as I said, we are a small group who are shuffled to the background and told that, it is going to be alright soon. Unfortunately for some, soon if often too far away! That is when they take their destiny into their own hands and do what they believe to be is right for them and those they love and leave behind.
But do those “others” really care? If they did they would quit wasting our time and yours and our tax dollars telling us it will be okay soon. They will unite as one to ensure that we are not left somewhere in the past while they go forth and look to make themselves look better then each other in all of our eyes. Their goals are power; ours are survival. They want to believe that what they are doing is best for all. We only want what is best for our own.
If you believe that these “others” better known as politicians are not doing what is best for us, the military veterans then I would ask that you take a moment and send your MP a brief note demanding that they quit talking and start acting.
Too many of us suffer needlessly while those chosen elected few keep getting richer and richer off of all of us. The time is now to wake them up and tell them that WE want to be treated and respected for what we are – PROUD. We served our country that way so why can’t we be treated the same way.

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum