Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC

2 posters

Go down

Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC Empty Re: Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC

Post by bigrex Fri 07 Nov 2014, 18:32

ELB is the exact same as SISIP, so it shouldn't matter if those with service related injuries are switched or not. You're already VAC clients, and in my opinion it would be better to deal with one organization for your benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC Empty Re: Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 11:46

cosmo,

the only problem with that is that there are a great number of Veterans who are receiving benefits from SISIP who are on the old system, which includes myself, and I personally don't want anything to do with the NVC.

So for me, I welcome any change in what takes place within SISIP to better Veterans who are receiving SISIP benefits, as long as it stays clear away from the NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Fri 07 Nov 2014, 09:37

I listened again and He says they look to HARMONIZE SISIP AND the NVC to eliminate duplicates and probably give more benefits for veteran.

My Opinion is that we have to move away from the SISIP assurance model. SISIP should be only for those with injuries not related to service.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 19:17

Heard the same thing here. How will that work then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 15:33

Hello, Cosmos, have you heard anything regarding the merger of the sisip and veteran affairs benefits. I heard, and it's only rumor, but all of us on sisip will be grandfathered and still stay on sisip while going forward new releases will be veteran affairs only?

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:24

Erin O'toole state that the gouvernment is looking at merging benefits SISIP and Veteran Affairs, not clear how...........

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC Empty Concurrence in committee report - NVC Moving foward - in the HoC

Post by cosmo12 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:22

The debate is on in the House of Commons on the report The NVC moving foward;

I am stating to hate politics!!!

The way to answer and not to answer................

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down