Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

+9
czerv
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
RCNRetired
prawnstar
Rags
Teentitan
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans? Empty Re: Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

Post by Panserbjørn Tue 13 Sep 2016, 12:17

The one is Mike Blais I believe.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans? Empty Re: Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

Post by pinger Tue 13 Sep 2016, 11:14

Because true transparency does not exist...

And any anonymous GoC VAC whistleblower would just be a hiccup...

JMO.

But who's the one come eleven teen, the jury?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 13 Sep 2016, 10:49

Until we see what that one veteran is disagreeing with how do we make a decision on who is right....the one or the eleven?

I'm not taking a side I'm just saying veterans are not mushrooms in a dark room and fed BS.

This is supposed to be an open and transparent gov't right? Well where's the openess and the transparency?

The Libs want our ideas. A page was created on their site. So if they can see all the input why can't we see the results?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 23:22

oh pinger they are very happy and far better off .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 12 Sep 2016, 20:49

I can tell you one thing from my personal experience... a union is a very doubled-edged sword.
Good and Bad. But like you said Steelgunner, " the result of a union is bad management " And I'll add that the result of bad management can also be a union. Wouldn't you agree?

Was just thinking of some rumblings out there about the CF having a union like the RCMP do.
Very curious how content ex-RCMP members are with their union that did not vote into the NVC?
I really hope their better off.

Because frankly, the GoC and unions can be the same doubled-edged sword at the end of the day to me. They're both devils... so where is the solution? Lawyers or politicians mitigating over and over again?
No wonder so many Joe Canadian's just duck their heads in the sand.

Hope I don't have sand in my head... Sorry if I hijacked the Mike B. thread Trooper....
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 17:20

Darn right throw out SSIP.

Think of it this way, the council is like the head of the Union.  The members votes on council members and in turn the members ratify the councils decesions .   The Ontario Teachers Union is an example, our payments would go straight into a fund that would build a huge war chest that would be able to help the injuried service members.

In my opinion it can be done, before the military I organized a large company and brought forth a union to protect the worker.  I always said, the result of a union is bad management.  The Government has abused the Army and Veteran for years.   Maybe a crusade is needed in a cause like this.   Change is needed in the Army serving memebers and Veterans.

The council would draw up a table for injuries and it would be approved by the members and into passed into law by the government.  If you had a injury in the military on your file signed by a military doctor it would be approved at the end of your release.  Anything that is related to after service or worsening condition is seen by an approved doctor on a list of MD 's.  Enough of this bull shit two step of seeing a VAC doctor that does nothing but cost tax payers money.  

Also, I forgot to add my two cents who sold out.

The 10 members still sitting down with the government is selling out every current service member and veteran. (1 member is not agreeing 1 out 11)  We do not know what they are agreeing to.  Do they speak for the overall majority, no they don't.   If we organize we hold the power not the government.  They would settle quickly on our demands to avoid a union, it would cost them more in the long run with a union.  The company CEO tried to buy me out before a union would be raitified, the government is doing it right now with these special interest groups.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/full-comment/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/robert-smol-why-we-should-unionize-the-military

My thoughts, my opinion, and my two cents.   All opinions are welcomed from all.

Last edited by Steelgunner on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 21:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 12 Sep 2016, 16:54

Interesting Steelgunner. I agree with you pretty much.
Now I don't want extrapolate Lawnboy's road.

But, when you mentioned "why can't we have both without a penalty like ELB counts all your earnings. " Myself I am eelb as well as old pa pension. They are seperate and do not "claw" each other. That's one exception, because frankly... all the claws are out aren't they?

Perhaps what were all aiming for is a flat board??? And throw out sisip for starters.

Just a little 2 cents of mine.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 16:26

I am pretty sure we have gone down this road before and the out come was a locked thread.

This is my opinion and I do not oppose any other person's opinion.

In regards to injuries I do not stand by a fellow Veteran on Rememberance Day and ask where he was injuried and rate the worst injury to the least.  I think VAC has tried to address this combat injury with the 75k award for a critical injury.  They can never give enough to fellow members that where blown up and missing several parts of body and soul.  Taking care of the Injuried veteran, family, and especially his or hers spouse is very critical and must be addressed further.

The Americans offer a different system for there battle injuried Vets with a Combat Related Special Compenastion program.  That's basically lets you drawl both your penision and Disabilty penision award that allows you to have full benifits from each plan. Basically like Lawnboy has said in the past, why can't we have both without a penalty like ELB counts all your earnings.

I do think Vets in related Combat injuries do get better hidden service, myself the Army allowed me to keep my special duty allowance in Germany and upon my return to  Canada till a certain date which I can't remember.  The Army allowed me to get to my current penision level, VAC is slow, but have never question any of my applications.  Could they do a better job? Yes of course, the machine is now bigger then the people it serves.

So, if I was King.   The PA would be brought back, one penision one veteran.  VAC and every collection of other agencies would be terminated.  A council would be form, of ex military members of all ranks.  The council would draw up a book much like a union agreement and once ratified in would be passed into law by the Government and could not be changed unless the council approves changes with members approval.  A system for combat related injuries would be addressed much like the American model is based on.

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/special-pay/combat-related-special-compensation.html

Hurry up and Wait!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:39

Trooper what you said can be validated with one simple point....Mark Campbell.

A plaintiff in the Equitas lawsuit yet he is sitting as a member of the group to create a better system for vets.

Is conflict of interest just a stupid statement or does it actually mean something.

Of note I wouldn't trust an actuarial from VAC. I would only trust an actuarial done by the Auditor General
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:10

Teen, that makes to much sense. Here's my view on the whole Liberal versus their commitment to the Veterans file. First off I strongly believe that those 15 promises made by the Liberals will get implemented before the Liberals end term. I don't believe any Veteran, Veterans group or advisory committee group will influence one way or another how those promises get implemented. If a recommendation, or part of a recommendation by any group falls into what is already on the bureaucratic table, then yes perhaps they will look at it, but the Idea itself is not coming from any one group as it is already embedded into the bureaucratic system. They will use this type of scenario to make it seem as though the Idea has come from the group or groups so that it looks like they are acting on what these groups are saying and asking for. Besides that, everything that comes out on our file will come from the bureaucrats as showed thus far. I think those days of advocating for face to face change, change with action, such as advisory committee groups, and stakeholder summits and Veterans in general are history. I think they already know (exactly) what their going to do, today and tomorrow. As it stands now, the government is using these groups and Veterans as PR, the government has the upper hand, and will continue to have the upper hand as long as these groups continue to feed right into the governments hand. The government loves this, they have full control and at the same time these meetings makes them look like they are listening and acting on what is said, and recommended at these meetings. Sometimes I really wonder how many times one has to be stabbed in the back before waking up and understanding the reality of what direction their taking. We have a government who flat out on national TV for the entire Country to hear and see state that they will never fight Veterans in court, advocate groups and sites have this well documented, it is there for everyone to see for themselves, yet we see what has transpired over the Equitas lawsuit, and to put the same lawyer who shamed Veterans in the past, put back in. To think for one second that somehow Veterans are going to make recommendations at these meetings, and the Liberals are going to act on them? After all that has transpired since the Liberals took office, is really mind boggling, it truly is. How much longer is it going to take before the majority recognize that the government is using these very groups, advisory groups and stakeholder meetings as PR puppets for their own benefit. I hope somehow a recognition of tactic change are acted upon by those groups, because if this circus continues, Veterans will be left with no choice but to take what is given to them by the government, like it, or not. Mike has already recognized a change in tactics is needed, however, reading some other sites shows a great division between what Mike is doing and saying, to what others feel. This type of behavior only divides us further and accomplishes absolutely nothing, to turn against a fellow Veteran for what he or she believes in, is not only disrespectful, it's the governments dream come true, Veterans turning against Veterans which takes away from real proactive changes to our file. Again, I want to stress this because I think it's an important reminder to all, what is talked about, or recommended by anyone to the MVA at these group meetings means nothing, absolutely nothing unless what is talked about or recommended is implemented. Remember, the bureaucrats are going to implement things the way they want, no one is going to influence them either way, it is, what it is, and the sooner people understand this, the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:29

well teen I truly believe that NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that these sell outs can come up with will be as equal to the PA pension anywhere close to well ...... the PA pension the one obvious solution .

as for an actuarial on the NVC when it came out don't think it would have helped for 2 reasons 1. id assume I know who would be doing the actuarial 2. the NVC didn't really have a big effect on existing vets relatively speaking but serving military who can say nothing without permission well lets just say the one sure fired way to stop it would have been a unionized military of sots ya know kind of like the RCMP even their version of a union seems to have helped in that regard .

as for an actuarial on whatever these fracking monkeys are coming up with sure id love to see one I'm sure it would be good for a laugh . ya I'm sure DVA or whoever does it will dress the numbers up as best they can but in the end their are people on this sight that can see right through that . they have been doing it on this sight for years and have become exceedingly good at it . so ya it would be good because we can see it for what it really is .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 Sep 2016, 10:51

Does anyone agree that before any pension adjustment is done the veteran community should see one thing to ease their minds to either agree or disagree.....an actuarial?

If any idea cannot stand up to it to show us it is beneficial then go back to the table. Just think if an actuarial was done before the NVC was tabled?

Without proof it's all mysterious to me
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 10:27

well I for one am glad to have mike back in the fight . I understand why he dialed it down after the election give it time and all that sure . the second he heard the MVA say the words the lifelong pension is complicated and would take time he should have been back in the fight then . in English that meant NO PA PENSION !!!! because their is absolutely NOTHING complicated or time consuming about that and because it is the ONLY WAY to bring TRUE equality .

I was so peed off the first time I heard that statement I took a whole 10 minuets out of my time to right up the legislation to bring back the PA pension as an option . that's right 10 fracking minuets !!!!! that's how fracking complicated and time consuming it is !!!!!

took me longer to wright the letters to the MVA and everyone else that mattered that the legislation was to be attached to . yes I sent a copy to mike as well at the same time so its not like he didn't have a heads up even thou I don't think he should have needed it anyway .

mike has had the same attitude over this as I have had . PA pension come hell or high water !!!!

this Aaron B sounds like a sell out confirming at least to me by his word use (see bigrexes above ) that its NOT the PA pension by making excuses why their proposal blows goats before we even see it .

one question I believe has been answered the very question that started this thread .

yes for a time it was in fact a legitimate question but now we have an answer .

mike aint selling out vets !!!!

but everyone else at the table seems to be .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Mon 12 Sep 2016, 09:12

Another word i feel uncomfortable with taxpayer! If it has to be good for the taxpayer then the clawbacks are a coming. It almost sounded too Conservative it never sounded like that during the election!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 12 Sep 2016, 07:13

Unfortunately there are some key words that have me concerned. They are "further adjustment to offsets/clawbacks", "net income" and "reasonable, affordable and achievable solution". To me, this says that what is being proposed is far from a tax free disability pension, that does not affect the Veterans ability to receive full financial benefits.

So part of the briefing in October, had better include side by side comparisons between a PA pensioner also receiving NVC benefits, a NVC only Veteran, and what a Veteran could get after the proposed changes, before and after taxes. Only then will I agree, or disagree, on whether or not their recommendations will benefit Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next