Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

+9
czerv
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
RCNRetired
prawnstar
Rags
Teentitan
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans? - Page 6 Empty Re: Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 06:53

I want you two cents rags . and on you point I do agree.

propat

Back to top Go down

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans? - Page 6 Empty Re: Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

Post by Rags Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:01

Ya dont want my 2 cents.....Mike Blais does not speak for me nor does the legion....come to think of it no Vet organization has ever uttered a word about the right approach. The only words I ever hear that seem to ring correct are from badly wounded combat vets who just want to be taken care of no rich pay off jut take care of me so I dont suffer in pain and poverty.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 19:21

I also don't like being told who to vote for.

From what I have seen in the media the ABC was brought forward by Ron Clarke - I have heard him talk about just that a few times in the media - and heard from other groups say that the ABC is a Ron Clarke thing.

I do like Mike Blais, heard him speak many times - I would also say he gets better each times he speaks in pointing out issues that Veterans are asking to be fixed - or addressed.

In my opinion even though I don't like being told who to vote for - I can somewhat see - or somewhat understand - why some Veterans would encourage others to vote
anything but conservative - be it right or wrong, I do think the intention is to show the lack of support Veterans have been getting from the conservative government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:32

well I truly believe vets need to vote on block in mass and yes for one party but this is the wrong way to do it . its not selling out vets in my opinion but well just wrong .

the only way to accomplish such a thing it to gather all vets who wish to participate in something like this to come together on line ore elsewhere , discuss the issues then vote for what party they would all support in the upcoming election but just telling someone who to vote for is just wrong.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:09

absolutely Here here Teen thanks new you would jump in again thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Jan 2015, 10:38

One thing that can never be taken away from Mike Blais is he "woke the bear"...the bear being the veteran community...back back in 2010 with a protest a week before Remembrance Day.

He made the veterans ask am I entitled to a benefit? What is wrong with VAC? I need to learn what is going on!

As for telling veterans how to vote? Not right. I for one will think for myself and I will vote for the best party that will suit all of Canada not just one demographic of Canadian society. Canada is a democracy and we should respect a person's democratic rights on how they wish to vote.

If you do not want a specific party voted for then show and explain why. Don't tell people how to vote that's what turns them off to not just your cause but politics all together and then they don't bother voting.

So in that regard Mike Blais is not selling out veterans he is putting veterans in an awkward position with other veterans who listen to Blais and vote ABC. If Mike Blais and Ron Clarke are so charged up then I suggest they put their hat into the ring and run for office in their riding...win their riding...then go to Ottawa and fix VAC.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans? - Page 6 Empty Call me a skeptic but is Mike Blais selling out veterans?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 10:04

I am far from a political guru and do not intend on being one but I do follow politics somewhat and I being a veteran on disability have to ask if I think Mike Blais is selling out todays veterans by asking we vote (he did not actually say  vote but lets be real you do not have to say to actually intend on doing so) Liberal in the next election.
Now I am not happy with any party at all but am I to believe that Trudeau will give veterans the OBLIGATION STATUS as an election platform. I know O"Toole has dropped veteran advocacy groups from the SHAREHOLDERS table, but seriously I find selling out to the Liberals offensive. Trudeau will not support todays soldiers anymore than he will "LOOK" into the Scared Obligation "Code". Is it me or is it just so plain and simple these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6