Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP lawsuit what if?????

4 posters

Go down

SISIP lawsuit what if????? Empty Re: SISIP lawsuit what if?????

Post by 1993firebird Tue 24 Nov 2015, 13:04

ok.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Tue 24 Nov 2015, 11:43

1993firebird wrote:the legal fees may have been paid by the government.

From the start I fought for fairness. That is all I asked for. I knew prior to the conclusion of the court case that Veterans had/were going through financial hardships( me included ) so a quick end to the settlement was of a higher priority than going back to the table requesting additional funds to cover court costs/tax penalties/etc.. So after the decision came down I accepted the proposal even though I believe we got screwed.

Justice Barnes
Federal Court
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0H9

c/c McInnes Cooper Law Firm

February 5, 2013

Honourable Justice Barnes,

As a disabled Veteran and member of the SISIP class action lawsuit I find it troubling that Veterans need to take yet another stand against the treatment of Veterans to an illegal action.

As I have been following the activities of the Government of Canada in regards to, not only our situation, but other groups that are being treated unjustly by the current Government is nothing short of appalling. Where is the fairness?

The members of this class action lawsuit have endured hardship and pain/suffering through no fault of their own as they weave through the complex world of VAC/SISIP adding additional stress on an already fractured body and mind.

This Veteran appreciates the efforts of the lead plaintiff and law firm to end this illegal clawback and the efforts of many disabled Veterans who were involuntary/voluntary released 3B medical to step forward and say enough is enough.

This Veteran cannot accept the current proposed agreement due to the fact that the Government of Canada was indeed taking monies out of Veterans pockets, were caught and in a way is still not being held accountable. Where is the fairness?

Unless legal fees are reduced or covered by the government and the Canada Revenue Agency agrees to waive tax penalties with letters of undue hardship tax relief, Veterans will be left with a lot less than what they should have received in the first place. Where is the accountability? Where is the fairness?

All Veterans are asking for is to be treated with respect, fairness and equality. Veterans have yet to witness these actions.

Veterans were taught right from the start of their military careers to lead by example, stand up for those who could not, and right any wrongs. It's part of what makes up Canada to this very day. So Justice Barnes will you stand up and let Veterans know that yes, I have the power to address any wrongs and will do so?

It really is a shame when the current government should have from the start,led by example, and treated disabled Veterans with respect/fairness/equality as if we were all part of the same team. Not putting up a fight against the very individuals, that swore under oath, to perform duties for Canada, with commitment and without hesitation.

For this member of the class action lawsuit it comes down to this:

1.Why are Veterans covering the cost of legal fees to McInnes Cooper to get back monies that were taking illegally in the first place?
2.How is a tax top-up of 3.27% going to cover the back taxes owed to the Canada Revenue Agency when a much greater percentage will be owed back?

So if the proposed agreement stays as it is Veterans will once again be subjected to penalties/fees that were not of Veterans making allowing another injustice to be handed to disabled Veterans. Where is the fairness?

Thank you for your time.

For your consideration.

Master Bombardier Chad Edmonds, CD(retired)
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 28 Oct 2015, 16:46

That would have been good but a lot of work.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsailor Wed 28 Oct 2015, 14:32

I'm just wondering why we weren't given the opportunity to go retroactive and put money in our RRSP from the date we were clawed back. I believe this would have been a fair deal as we didn't have the funds back then. Now that we got the full funds we were taxed on it for one year. Perhaps this is something we may be able to apeal

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 27 Oct 2015, 15:10

they are good for the next day.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo Tue 27 Oct 2015, 14:43

food for thought , did they pay ot the entire 887 million and if not what happens to the leftover?

turbo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Oct 2015, 13:48

I would hire supreme to do my claim dispute appeal brief then it would have been done right and he would have been on the adjudicator's case for time 60 days turning into 2 years. Lawyer never worked with me and never included all evidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 23 Oct 2015, 13:41

the legal fees may have been paid by the government.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

SISIP lawsuit what if????? Empty SISIP lawsuit what if?????

Post by Guest Fri 23 Oct 2015, 10:55

now no need to get your panties in a bunch over this topic just food for thought that's all.

what if the deal was rejected ?

what if it was still before the courts today ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum