Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Ex Member Sun 13 Nov 2016, 07:09

sweet . great stuff danny .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Dannypaj Sat 12 Nov 2016, 18:39

Well here we go again !

Dannypaj wrote:Duly noted Danny.  Thanks for the email.  FYI you can email the show directly any time:  politics@cbc.ca

Kindly,

Audrey, Audience Services, CBC/Radio-Canada

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 8:20 AM, wrote:

a-subject: Veterans
b-comment: When will Rosemary Barton ask what  happened to the VETERANS file and the promises that were made to Veterans from the Liberal Government of Canada during their campaigning? There are plenty of rumors going around and "if" she could interview  Kent Hehr to obtain clarification to settle the rumors it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks  a disgruntle Vet
c-email: dannypaj
current_time: 08:13:46
d-first-name: Danny
d-last-name: J.......
d-location: Halifax
d-province: NS
formid: Programming Feedback
h-encountered-problem: CBC News Network
i-programAirTime_day: 01
i-programAirTime_month: January
i-programAirTime_time: 12:00 AM
i-programAirTime_year: 2016
timestamp: 2016-01-12 08:20:46 EST

I WILL GET THE BALL ROLLING ! ! !
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:20

nav as time goes on more and more vets will be NVC vets . sooooo as time goes on the fight will only get louder and nastier . the PA pension will return buds it will happen.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 15:43

That statement says it right there. They could have brought the pa back for the 2016 budget but they said frack it. It's gone the pa is gone and believe me the powers that be don't want veterans collecting pensions for the rest of there lives. They want the disabled working, period and how can someone with ptsd or back pain complain to a MVA who is paralyzed from the chest down about not being able to work. Why do you think they put him there when Leslie with more experience could have done the job at least knowing something about veterans. The future is dark and I'm sorry Danny but I believe this fight might just be over. I believe the forces should seek to become unionized like the rcmp are becoming because nobody will cover anybodys back anymore. The liberals should be ashamed at this budget

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 23 Mar 2016, 15:30

In reference to the above statement: Wouldn't we be right back in the same trap? Vote for us again and we will help our Veterans and then stall another couple of years.....one kick at the can.......Timer is on! Four years to see improvements...they moved funds our way, not sure how it will move, but here is hoping for those who need it the most, get what they deserve; because the fight will go on.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 14:29

Here are some more comments on the last December stakeholder meeting and the 2016 budget...................

Brihard
Re: Pension Act vs NVA Lifetime Comparison
« Reply #61 on: Today at 00:01:24 »

“As John points out, this is the first budget of four. Nobody who has been paying real attention expected much more than this in this budget. A number of the projects are longer term. We discussed a lot of this at the VAC stakeholder summit in December (I was there as part of the discussions), and the consensus was that much of this will take time to do right.

- A flat out return to the Pension Act in time for 2016 budget was offered, and we unanimously rejected it. The consensus was to take the time to do it right and not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
- The educational benefit is achievable, but some issues of criteria and definition need to be hammered out.
- The edicated veterans/first responders in patient mental health facility will be a project that takes considerable time.

Buried in the budget is talk of further consultation with veterans. Back in July two ministerial advisory groups were established by Min. O'Toole, one for policy/NVC, and one for service delivery. They are going to narrow these groups and create four new ones to focus on specific subsets of veterans issues. The committees will be comprised of a combination of 'layperson' veterans, representatives of traditional/larger veterans' organizations, and professionalsclinicians where applicable. Some very well respected and knowledgeable people are part of this. This consultation is going ot be necessary to flesh out some of the promises further over another year so they can bring them towards being deliverable.

The cynic in me thinks that we may see a return to a pension option happen in the last budget before the next election.”

http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,121395.50.html

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets Empty N.S. intervenes so ailing veteran, 92, and wife, 90, can stay together

Post by Dannypaj Sat 12 Mar 2016, 06:12

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health-headlines/n-s-intervenes-so-ailing-veteran-92-and-wife-90-can-stay-together-1.2814342

WOW, are they finally getting it? Common sense prevails.  Thanks to whom ever made it possible.

BZ! May you two live forever in happiness together.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 15 Jan 2016, 16:03

Thank you for posting Hehr's facebook post Sparrow. A few thoughts... He could have tweaked his facebook post into a press release to the general media. Why not?
Not facebook, twitter, stakeholders, or even csat. Some of us including joe Canadian don't even have a computer. Old timers in long term facilities come to mind that don't have anyone. Or perhaps someone homeless that MIGHT have a freaking transistor radio...

Anyhow I found this interesting, quote " I am positive with the team we're assembling... "
That is in the present tense, and like a work in progress have NOT yet assembled.
I can let that slide somewhat, but some pigs better fly by springtime. April 30th tops.

pinger.

btw where the heck is ubiquitous propat? pm'd him days ago, but still awol.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 14 Jan 2016, 20:48

Way more fun traveling around the world as the ADM of DND than to attend meetings with his own ministry. GET TO WORK before we all start pulling our HEHR out. Not much left anyway. LOL

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 14 Jan 2016, 20:41

Well at least we got an update on his mileage claim. Your right Sparrow it is demoralizing that a man as intelliegent as Hehr is not getting the message.....GIVE US A FECKN' UPDATE ON THE ELB BUMP, LIFELONG PENSION, WELLNESS CENTER!!!

Why don't you add to the mileage claim to PEI and have a meeting with your ADM's and hold a press conference.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 14 Jan 2016, 19:04

Sparrow - Yes I got the same tone by his words. But 3 mths now of schooling, and its time for a test. Having a few pieces of the puzzle missing in my noodle makes me a tad slower than you..lol..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:58

Sparrow wrote:On Kent Hehr's facebook page there are posts from several Veterans who are disillusioned with the system and in turn with the MVA's perceived lack of action on the mandate. In response to those concerned Veterans, MVA Kent Hehr posted this evening on facebook the following message.

I understand your frustrations with VAC. I've heard it here on this page, but also in my phone calls with veterans, one on one with stakeholder groups, the 100,000+ constituents of Calgary Centre, and in meetings with individuals across this country. I've been to 9 ctiies, 5 countries (visitng the troops in eastern Europe as part of my Associate Minister of Defence portfolio), and clocked some 3,7000 km since October 20th, much to do with veterans.

My ministry is delivering on our commitments with Canadians, and you'll find updates on this page. Of the 400 committed new hires being brought aboard as I dictate this message. You'll also see that the 9 Veterans Affairs offices are being brought back online in the next 11 months.

As per my mandate letter, my ministry is at work on these different promises as laid out by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. I understand the need to move aggressively on these issues, and it's a tall order to fill. I am positive with the team we're assembling in the ministry and that with the work we'll be doing in the future we'll do it.

KH

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

In reading the numerous posts on MVA's facebook page, I get the distinct impression that the MVA is probably taken aback at the tone of the Veteran posts he is receiving and in some ways is being "schooled" in the matters that Veterans have been dealing with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:48

If there is an early bird breakfast special I am there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:46

I always feel better when I know Sparrow is flying around CSAT! It makes me feel we are all in good hands! Sparrow for CSAT !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next