Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney

+3
bigrex
Dannypaj
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney Empty Re: Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 07:58

you got-er pinger dancing around reporters questions by giving answers that well..... arnt really answers has become a invaluable skill to politicians . part of the reason that this is required is the exact thing you mentioned .

this guy seems to want to make himself available to the press as much as possible . ive seen politicians come and go very experienced in federal politics not only as MPs but as cabinet ministers and prime ministers as well . and guess what??? when it comes to talking to the press slanted or not they still seem to find a way to either bungle their wording or say what they want in a way some fracking reporter cant twist it in some way.

this guy who has been an MP for less than a month now WILL NOT be any different . will he bungle a word or two here and there ???? just my opinion mind you but its not a question of IF just a question of WHEN .

like I said "could make for some fodder im sure but im guessing if the finished product is what we all hope it is all will be forgiven."

in this instance we seen the fodder already but we have yet to see the finished product .sure it looks good but I aint seen any offices opened yet and where they are located .

if all goes well I think he will be forgiven . but if not I guess he may just have to make himself less available and get those answering a question without actually answering a question skills down . because if getting the job done right doesn't make people happy that just might.

porpoat

Back to top Go down

Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney Empty Re: Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney

Post by pinger Mon 16 Nov 2015, 00:50

Mmm... the differences of opinions some days. Kinda like attitudes or a--holes, we all have one of them
too don't we? But lets not forget what else we have in common.

We live in a free country (last time I checked) where we can express our differences of opinion.
I believe we all had something to do with that, just like many others continue to do... today.

Anyhow, it can be so easy to misread, misunderstand, misinterpret, let alone quote words out of context.

Words... now I'm reminded of some major newspapers.
Here's a current reflection...
http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2015/10/30/Newspapers-Election/

Leftwing, rightwing, but if were not talking hockey here,
just pass me a frackin drumstick instead.

Newspapers are not an unbiased non-profit.They wish to make a profit, and do endorse political parties.
Andrew Coyne knew that here...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/andrew-coyne-exits-editor-role-at-national-post-will-remain-columnist/article26868832/

Sorry for the rambling. But a newspapers slant can remind me
of a politicians promise on our file some days... crooked.

Just my... opinion. Had some leftover midnight oil.

Back to... Liberals no longer promising to reopen Veterans Affairs office in Sydney.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 20:03

teen / trooper i'm not fighting with you's I gave you's my point of view of the whole situation there is no point in fighting, gotta go Alaska's last frontier is on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 17:14

Teen....I always enjoy reading your post....an this is why - ( YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT )

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 15 Nov 2015, 16:53

wild thing if you are looking for a fight on how I am going to post you are picking the wrong sparring partner.

I will do what I have done for years never let them get away with anything. Even if he is new to the job.

Until the promises are kept I will not give him a break. I posted the story, other advocacy sites posted the story, the advocates in Sydney spoke their mind over what he said. Are they being negative? Are they presenting it wrong?

No they didn't and aren't because it got clarification and taught him a lesson. Don't speak about an issue, topic, promise until all the details are crystal clear and he knows it inside out. Off the cuff comments can cause more problems within the veteran community.

The publishing of the letters from PMT to his ministers may look transparent and open. I applaud that. Want to know what these letters mean to veteran advocates? Ammunition to constantly bring into meetings, bring up during phone calls, teleconferences that he is not carrying out his orders.

But want to know another thing those letters are going to be used for by advocates? We can now go after the non-elected senior civil servants and bureaucrats this is what PMT wants done so put your personal agendas aside and get the work with the Ministerhis staff,and opposition MP's done.

This is how I am and will present my thoughts, opinions and observations on how I expect my employee to work for me. Never let the person who works for us dictate how he is going to conduct business. We are his boss wild thing never forget that.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 16:28

Wild Thing - Here is a part of an article that shows how one simple misleading remark that is publicly made , in this particular case by our new MVA can raise concerns ;

Liberal government backpedals on Veterans Affairs minister’s comments

After the newly appointed Veterans Affairs minister suggested some of the nine shuttered Veterans Affairs offices across Canada may not be reopened – including the one in Sydney – government is clarifying that it intends on keeping its promise.
When asked about whether the Sydney Veterans Affairs office would reopen, newly appointed Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr did not provide a specific answer.
“We’re looking at all options to serve veterans the best we can," said Hehr.
" The comments were troubling for many Sydney veterans. "
"He didn't give a real assurance to me that there was a positive commitment to open the office here," said legion member Gary Evely.
http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/liberal-government-backpedals-on-veterans-affairs-minister-s-comments-1.2657941

I agree with you that we must give the government a chance to prove to us that they that they will fulfill all their promises , an also agree that the MVA has done nothing but promise us what we were asking for , an can certainly understand where your coming from in your opinions , the problem I have is that your opinions is directed towards one person which is teen an what teen wrote which his opinion is shared among other Veterans like the one above , an also myself.
It is not in my view an opinion that is of the whining type , an in no way do I see it as any attack towards the MVA , It is simply an observation that is common among anyone who see's a person of authority say something in public rather it be any minister - in this particular  case our MVA say something that seems a bit different in any way shape or form from their own position - or positions.

With respect to your view on saying that there are half of dozen issues more important then where those offices are to be re - opened is just that , an opinion , an opinion in which you an perhaps many others have , which leaves to say this - we are all entitled to our own opinions even if others don't respectively agree with the opinions of others.
A good example of this would be those above who seem to have a different priority then your's - or others.

Teen has done a lot for a lot of Veterans , when he writes he knows what his talking about , he has showed an earned the respect of many in the past , I certainly respect him an appreciate everything he has done for myself along with the many of others.
Teen also respects me when I disagree with what he has said , in this case I agree with what he wrote in being a good observation that is shared by not only myself but others as well.
So lets show a little respect for what he has done in helping so many Veterans an continues to help today , there's nothing negative about what he wrote , so I will stand in his defense with absolutely no offense intended towards yourself wild thing , I think you know by now I would do the same for you.

Also take it easy on Veterans advocates....your way out of line in saying they did nothing for Veterans.
They did plenty for us an I'm grateful for it.

Last edited by trooper on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 17:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 14:55

MVA has done nothing but promise us what we were asking for any advocate that jumps on him for something as petty as this is not advocating for the majority just talking to here their own verbal bs at least give the new government a chance to get things organized. This subject is petty at this point in time we all watched the same interview no big deal, common sense must prevail. Teen its not what you write it is the way you present it if they cannot win for whiners coming at them from all directions eventually they are just going to say F them there is no pleasing them we all know they read this site and every post has been positive except for your's we want this to work we need this to work you have your PA some do not that is what is important along with other benefits. There are at least half a dozen issues more important than where an office is located. 10 years of a moron government and advocates done s--- for us so now is the time for them to shut the F up and wait and see what the government does with it's promises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:45

wild thing if I wanted to stir the pot I would. But if you expect me to come on here and post nothing but sunshine and lolipops.......ain't going to happen.

If I have an observation or opinion to post I will damn well post it the way you all posted over the last few years....anyway you wanted.

So if you can't read my posts in a neutral way, like I do with 99% of everyone else's posts, then I suggest you just don't read my posts.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:31

Well put Trooper, agreed in what Teen expressed know where did I read it as a negative observation. I do see our file trooper moving in the right direction, but with that being said, our tone on how we approach the new Government may be less volatile , and as of now that's the way IMO to approach them. But at the same time We must not let down our guard.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 11:00

Yeah it kinda feels pretty good doesn't it Navrat....it's about time things start looking good for us.....I agree with you in that it's looking pretty dam good so far that all promises will be kept.

Wild Thing , I agree it certainly looks like we finally have a good government here , but I don't see anything negative in what teen wrote....he was simply giving an opinion to the fact that he hopes that this is the only MVA's foul - up when speaking publicly....I agree with him....but I'm not negative towards anything.....just look at the responses from both the Veterans an the press from what the MVA has said publicly....that right there proves what teen has written.
So to me he was not being negative....he was just saying what history has proven when someone like the MVA publicly miss speaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015, 05:30

Sorry everyone the angry blunt guy has to speak up here. TEEN your post's are very negative you like to stir up crap and make people angry we have a very good government here that cares about the people of Canada and a prime minister that cares about veterans. So let's have positive post's. There is no reason to stir the S--- pot right now and try to shove the spoon in our face. I was going to say something about this post yesterday because it angered me but was hoping people would ignore it. So if you want to stir the s--- pot for no good reason be prepared to lick the spoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 19:52

thank you danny .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 19:34

Thanks for posting that Danny. Promising message from the PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 14 Nov 2015, 18:54

A message from the PM (not sure if it is on here).
I am Still looking forward to seeing how the (updated) my VAC account site will look like. Maybe it will be a telltale sign of what's to come

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/here-is-trudeaus-message-to-the-canadian-forces-and-dnd-civilian-staff-in-its-entirety
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 18:39

well lets see what the future holds vet advocate leaders can do what they will if he screws up some of his verbal communication . if he gets the job done no one else could even come close to doing over the last decade and they still want to nail him to the wall for verbal frack ups they can go right ahead . I WILL NOT.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next