Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claims Percentages legal signatures

+6
johnny211
Rifleman
BinRat
Teentitan
bigrex
Dannypaj
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Claims Percentages legal signatures - Page 3 Empty Re: Claims Percentages legal signatures

Post by pinger Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:17

Johnny wrote " They are getting it all together with $ attached so they can bring it fwd to the PMO, for budget time. " That's precisely what I've been assuming lately... the budget.
Irregardless, it's been way too quiet so any movement better smell like roses by the end of April.

Thanks for that link Danny. I think that is where my lower leg function application results went.
It got "bracketed" under my old PA low back, DDD condition as opposed to a new pensionable condition albeit a seperate TOD category.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Claims Percentages legal signatures - Page 3 Empty Re: Claims Percentages legal signatures

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 22:43

lol @ wild thing you grouchy naaaa say it aint so . buds things get bad I know but every now and then we can laugh at ourselves for our troubles i think that tells us we aint lost yet .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 27 Jan 2016, 21:54

Well thanks for the info everyone wife has it all under control. crap i have been trying to learn the spanish alphabet for six months cannot retain it ive come a long way from having an IQ that rated with the top 10 students in ontario in 1975 to this and a nick name of smiley to blunt old grouchy bas----. THANKS AGAIN

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 27 Jan 2016, 19:26

Yep thanks for the info

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 18:46

Thanks for that johnny.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 18:43

Hi All - Today, Walt (DM VA) came to coffee with a bunch of us Vets in Charottetown. Our coffee hangout being next to the DVA bldg, and Walt being a Vet, likes to shoot the shit. So we tell a few war stories, then we picked his brain on how the new mandate items are coming along. I find him very personel to talk too, and if he has an answer he will not bs you. He is even going to visit a young afgan vet himself here, who needs alot of assistance. So I do know he cares.
First he said they the policy folks, and others at the HQ are working around the clock. He explained that they took alot away from the Dec , stakeholder mtg. And they heard it loud and clear that things have been patch worked and flubbed the last 10 yrs, and they want to get it "right this time, and the first time". They are getting it all together with $ attached so they can bring it fwd to the PMO, for budget time. He really did not give us timelines on ea item.
We asked a few ? on the last few carrots like FCRB, RISB, etc, that where thrown out before the election, and now have some probs attached to them. He said these where done in some haste, and came more from PMO, before VA had alot of input/proper policy work, into them. These are being reworked also.
They are working on the homeless file, but did not give any details. They are trying to get better at linking up with folks while they are still serving , and give a DVA brief, at there release process.
And that was about it folks, If I hear more I will pass it on.. VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 17:56

well I just got a response back from him in it he refered to my e-mail's . so im guessing he read more than one of them heck maybe all of them who knows .

he thanked me for a few things ya know the niceties and all that witch was appreciated . however bottom line he said they are working on the issues so nothing new .

but hey it may have took forever in a day from my first email but he did respond . that's the first time an MVA responded to my letters or e-mails in as long as I can remember its been many years for sure .

teen you are absolute right we should have time to absorb what they are planning doing before they actually do it .

kinda like buying a car we want to look around and decide what we want weighing all the options and factors before we pay for it .

we wouldn't want to pay for it first then take whatever we are given .

ya we have ALL paid enough and up front at that so at least let us know where you are heddin

if its a cheep chev we just may be ok with that but if its a wheel barrow full of shyte well you may be able to push it threw and we would keep the wheel barrow but expect to have the shyte thrown right back at ya at a rapid rate .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 27 Jan 2016, 17:26

They the Gov and Kent don't know shyte or they would have said something by now and they keep giving the same verbal shyte over and over TIME FOR A BEER!!!

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 27 Jan 2016, 17:13

If the budget reveals the lifelong pension it sure will show that the Liberal promise of "transparency" was all BS.

So how about you get Kent to put it out there for vets to read so it's done right the first time Nav.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 16:14

ya nav I hope you are right but ive here'd the EXACT same words from his predecessor . they should tell us what direction they are heading RIGHT NOW I don't care if all the t,s are crossed or not . if it looks like they are heading in the wrong direction im sure their is vets out their that will steer them in the proper direction in short order .

I don't care if what they are doing is perfectly polished or not communicate with the general vet population by putting out what they have so far .

finishing it putting it in a budget then having vets figure out what's going on by reading the already tabled budget well.... that's a little late for any real communication .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 27 Jan 2016, 15:11

PA is coming back. The lumpsum payments make no sense! Look to the budget, Kent told me personally that most veterans will be extremely happy with the changes!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 27 Jan 2016, 14:44

I'm hoping for the spokes to be put on the wheel too wildthing.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 27 Jan 2016, 14:08

Ok, now I see what happened. They took those unused 2% from his first assessment, and added them to the the second grouping of 26%, bringing up to 28%, and payed at 30%, explaining the $93K. This is why I preferred the PA pension. it didn't matter what rank you were, or how long you had been getting benefits, everyone assessed at the same level of disability received the exact same level of compensation every month. The NVC does not offer the same equity.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 13:30

yup COLA makes a huge difference for sure . your initial 35% payment in 07 may have been worth 89K and will never be worth anymore today it would be worth around $108632.51 but again never be worth any more . that's a difference of over 19K for 35% just because of COLA increases alone !!!!!

now you might not notice the difference in your PA pension as it comes in bits every year buy at 30% if you go back to see the amount you were getting in 07 you may very well notice the difference . and it will always be worth more this side of the daisies .

yes the buyout is worth around 9 1/4 years of the PA pension BUT ..... that is not counting for wife kids AND COLA . so given COLA and guys with wife and kids it can be worth a lot less than that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 27 Jan 2016, 13:30

I will have the wife check this stuff out binrat thanks as i cannot process information today the fog is to much and tinnitus is turned to max volume. 6% was for tinnitus appealing everything % don't come close to matching the suffering and never no maybe each injury may be judged separately in a few years doubt it but the percentage has to match the injury and suffering for peace of mind.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next