Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct

4 posters

Go down

News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct Empty Re: News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct

Post by pinger Wed 03 Feb 2016, 17:39

To me most of these misconducts gotta get spanked very hard.
GoC misconducts even harder. Hello Mike Duffy...  Very Happy

Military and GoC folks are supposed have a higher standard and accountability.
Yet the penalties are opposite to civie street a lot of times... scratch
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct Empty Re: News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct

Post by Dannypaj Wed 03 Feb 2016, 05:18

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/suzuki-harper-should-be-jailed-for-his-climate-positions/ar-BBp2yVx?li=AAggNb9&ocid=SNYDHP

Totally agree! and adding to fact that Harper also has blood on his hands for allowing our fellow veterans to fall through the cracks.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 20:13

Yea we had the militia in the summer who had females, worked with them but no problems or childish behavior that i seen or heard of maybe more respect and manners then, a dirty girl in combats was just another tired smelly soldier. Sorry ladies listening.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 02 Feb 2016, 19:49

wildthing - like you, I am sure it went on, but I never heard much of it. I got out in 01. As a Siggy, and being posted to our Sig Regt, we had alot of males and females, of different sexualty. We all worked in Dets together, slepted at times in the same tents, hole in the gd. I am not aware if our leaders back then, hid it, nipped it early, or folks did not come fwd. Which was prob the case. But even back then i can remember going to harassment trg every year. But I suppose that also in 01, the females where just starting to come to different army trades. Either way, anyone in uniform who sexually abuses another comrade, m or f, should be punished hard, up to getting the boat..just my thoughts, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 18:03

Wild thing it was hard, many sleepless nights, but caring for the female troops morale and well being, I found it my duty to never deny them the chance to experience the fedora!! To do so would have been abusive and cruel and unusual punishment to all CF female members!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 16:24

Never heard of any of that foolishness when i was in as it would of been handled right quick suppose that's why never heard of it. Like the new commanders attitude this shit ends now. Nav with that fedora how did you ever escape female on male abuse?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 15:47

Guess i'm to old Rags, Really female on male? Hard to picture that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 02 Feb 2016, 14:56

Wild Thing agree completely but not lower ranking women? lower ranking people.

Not all abuse is male on female it is female on male and male on male or female on female. I have found that it is all equal all around so I dont discriminate on basis of sex when it comes to harassment or sexual misconduct.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 14:06

Hope they throw the book at them, throw two books at the ones who use their rank to intimidate young lower rank women. These perverts are the lowest form of scum.

Back to top Go down

News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct Empty News Report ~ Canadian military launches investigations into eight complaints of sexual misconduct

Post by Ex Member Tue 02 Feb 2016, 13:02

OTTAWA — Military police have launched eight investigations as a result of complaints filed with the new sexual misconduct response centre at the Department of National Defence, the country’s top commander revealed Monday.

The information is part of a progress report from the chief of defence staff, Gen. Jonathan Vance, who is leading a crackdown on inappropriate sexual behaviour in the ranks of the Canadian military.

The report references six cases that were referred by the centre to the National Investigative Service between September and December of last year. Vance said two other allegations were received in January.

Overall, the centre, which was set up in response to a scathing report last year by former Supreme Court of Canada justice Marie Deschamps, received 204 phone calls, emails and texts between September and December.

Of these, 53 involved allegations of sexual offences and another 32 related to claims of sexual harassment.

The report, which details other administrative steps taken by the military, represents a first step, said Vance.

“The Canadian Armed Forces has only just begin this mission,” he said in a prepared statement.

“Last year we acknowledged harmful and inappropriate sexual behaviour is a significant problem in our organization. This report shows we are moving in the right direction to ensure a professional environment of respect and dignity for every Canadian Armed Forces member.”

Last summer, Vance initiated a wide-ranging effort to eliminate abuse, harassment and assault within the ranks. Designed like a military operation, he set out tasks, timelines and objectives for the military to make the cultural shift.

Deschamps, in a forward written for the report, said the “crisis cycle which has characterized the approach of the Canadian Armed Forces to sexual misconduct to date must be stopped.”

The issue, which gained prominence in the mid-1990s with the introduction of women into combat roles, has resurfaced time and again with publicized reports of abusive behaviour and assault.

The path for change is laid out in the report, Deschamps said.

In an interview, Vance acknowledges the cycle of crisis response isn’t over and he committed to releasing more data, in future reports, that tracks not only reports to the crisis response centre, but how those allegations — and potential criminal cases — are death with by the system.

National Defence is also partnering with Statistics Canada this spring for a survey “designed to determine the nature and scope of harmful and inappropriate sexual behaviour,” the report said.

The survey will be offered to all 66,000 full-time members and 21,000 part-time members of the military.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-military-launches-investigations-into-eight-complaints-of-sexual-misconduct

Ex Member

Back to top Go down