Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disability Tax Credit.

+12
By the Bay
czerv
Dannypaj
bosn181
Melwood
Rustytheviking
Vet1234
Newf
pinger
bigrex
Rifleman
1993firebird
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Disability Tax Credit.  Empty Re: Disability Tax Credit.

Post by bosn181 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 16:32

i helped a friend get his tax credit he was able to get it under mental with his ptsd and his mental doc signing off on that part and then because of his mobility injuries and he was not able to walk more than 50 meters without pain he was able to have two of the criteria met and was approved but make sure to put as much info on your application as possible to help in your decision on all your problems. it took him a few attempts before he finally got it.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 28 Feb 2018, 01:17

bog6 wrote:I have never applied for the Tax Credit, if i am DEC and EIA and 116% do i meet the criteria.
Even if VAC is paying me for DEC?

If so what documentation do i require for the doctor?

You will probably qualify. Just have your doctor fill out  Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate. Just make sure your doctor has all documents concerning your condition. And DEC has no bearing on whether you qualify for the disability tax credit,
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Tue 27 Feb 2018, 19:19

I have never applied for the Tax Credit, if i am DEC and EIA and 116% do i meet the criteria.
Even if VAC is paying me for DEC?

If so what documentation do i require for the doctor?

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Fri 03 Nov 2017, 14:53

In each of the 8 categories, on the bottom in BOLD you will see this Is your patient markedly restricted if this box is not checked YES you can write till the cows come home and you won't get the DTC. You need to be MARKED RESTRICTED in one of the 8 to receive the DTC. My first APP I was denied and I was told by CRA that I was not MARKED RESTRICTED; even though my write up was extensive and thorough. Second APP with same Doctor write up but with MARKED RESTRICTED checked YES and I was granted the DTC. FYI

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 03 Nov 2017, 09:43

from what i am to understand when i got it the doc told me if i had two of the things wrong with me then it would be easier so i put in under mental from my doc for ptsd and my other doc for walking saying that i could not walk over 25meters with out pain for my other injuries i think there were 5 on the list to pick from but when you fill it out make sure to put everything thats wrong with you nothing to small every little bit can help and a friend of mine took 4 times before he got it just had to keep adding and rewording

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJohn18182 Wed 01 Nov 2017, 19:52

Isn't it extremely difficult to get approved for DTC?

Is Anxiety, Depression, Tinnitus, and a Tendonitis (right shoulder) enough?

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 04 Oct 2017, 19:33

Many may not know that Nurse Practitioners can now certify applications for the disability tax credit.

Nurse practitioners can fill out and sign Form T2201, Disability Tax Credit Certificate.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jul 2017, 12:37

I`ve been waiting 3 months already for an outcome of my reassessment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 05:48

Vet1234 wrote:just got approved my DTC back to 2010
I do my taxes with HR Block, does anyone know if they are able to recalculate and give me an instant refund on the adjustment?

Danny is correct, you need to send them a letter requesting they reassess your taxes to reflect the DTC, the notice of approval will show the years back your entitled for reassessment. You can contact the CRA for info regarding the address you are to send your request for reassessment, ask them if you can do it through My account or fax, I'm not certain but they may have added other means to send in your request. You need to do this as they will not reassess your taxes automatically.

Everyone differs in terms of tax situations, the average return for the DTC is between $800 to $1000 for each year being reassessed, again, these numbers could be below or above depending on the individuals tax situation.

It takes roughly anywhere between 1 to 3 Months before your refund is deposited into your bank account considering you have direct deposit, from the time they receive the request for reassessment. No instant refund from the reassessment.

Also usually your approved for five years, on your 4th year you need to re apply if you are still DTC disabled, The CRA will not contact you, you need to do this on your own.

It's also a good Idea for your doctor to keep a record (photo copy) of your initial application for future reference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 20 Jul 2017, 04:38

You will have to send  a letter or call (I can't remember) and have Revenue Canada, readjust your taxes going back to 2010 (adding your DTC, not sure but they may only go back seven years).
"That is the route I took when I was approved for the DTC".
I also deal with H&R block.
Hope this helps you.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 19 Jul 2017, 20:54

just got approved my DTC back to 2010
I do my taxes with HR Block, does anyone know if they are able to recalculate and give me an instant refund on the adjustment?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sat 06 May 2017, 00:05

Hi Artie,

I went back to my 2016 calendar to get the exact dates of my DTC approval and reassessment.  The approval for my DTC was 4 weeks and my tax reassessment was less than 3 months this was including mailing it. I was approved for DTC on September 28/ 2016. I sent out my request letter by certified mail on September 30/2016 and received my reassessment notice with my refund Cheque on December 12/2016. Just in time for xmas! Santa was very generous last year lol I hope this helps you out😄
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 23:16

By the Bay wrote:Hi Artie,
CRA went back 10 years for me as well....I wrote in to request that they apply the DTC to those 10 years. It took about 3 months for CRA to complete my request.  I was not going to bother with it but I was so glad I did cause I got back a nice refund Cheque.

Was that 3 months from the time you submitted the request...or 3 months from the time you got a letter saying your application had been approved?

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 05 May 2017, 15:41

Hi Artie,
CRA went back 10 years for me as well....I wrote in to request that they apply the DTC to those 10 years. It took about 3 months for CRA to complete my request. I was not going to bother with it but I was so glad I did cause I got back a nice refund Cheque.
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 May 2017, 06:00

Artie Simm wrote:whats cppd?

CPPD = Canada Pension Plan Disability

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next