Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topics Moved By the Forum Master

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Topics Moved By the Forum Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Topics Moved By the Forum Master

Post by Teentitan Mon 14 Nov 2016, 11:13

The reason you sometimes see insurance banners at the top of the page is because the computer server used by VVi is a public server and any company can place an ad with said server company.

Also "bots" are search engine websites looking for key words or phrases. A lot of topics for close to 3 years was about SISIP an insurance company. These bot results can be seen by a company before they buy their ad for maximum exposure. They can also get traffic updates on how many times CSAT if viewed each month. As CSAT is an open forum those traffic numbers are high. Just look at the bottom of the page to see how many 'visitors' are on the site next time you log in. So we talked about insurance topics for 3 years, CSAT gets a lot of visitor traffic as well as member traffic so why wouldn't an insurance company take an ad on CSAT?

As for the number of members on CSAT. When I started to manage CSAT 6 years ago there was around 75-90 members. When I stepped away from CSAT as the Forum Master and trooper took over the membership numbers were around 725. There is nearly a thousand member now. Why the big increase in 7 years? Advocating by the Chief Editor who spread the word about CSAT at meetings or teleconference calls with VAC.

VVi was created 15 or so years ago. Major ret'd CJ Wallace created and paid for the server costs to run VVi and CSAT forum. He created the sight so his son, a member of the PPCLI, would have a place to go to "help" him if he ever got injured because he himself had no one to turn to for help dealing with VAC, BPA, VRAB, SISIP etc. The red tape, as you well know, is grueling and mentally hard to do for some injured vets.

Now I hope this answers your questions on what VVi and CSAT forum is about and hopefully you understand what VVi is about.

One more thing advocating is not easy. It is a perpetual struggle trying to educate bureaucrats and politicians on the daily struggles veterans go thru. And it is even harder trying to explain to a veteran "why" the system is the way it is.

A lot has happened with the veteran file over the last 8/9 years. Improving benefits, getting benefits created, reducing red tape and bringing VAC into the 21st century and using the internet as a tool for both vets and VAC staff.

It's a long game. So when an opportunity arises in a short time period, like Ron Clarke's ABC campaign, advocates hope for improvements increases. They hope that the individual who has the national media and GoC engaged does not waste it. Clarke wasted his opportunity by only fighting for his District Office.

Imagine if the Chief Editor of VVi had that opportunity, or Sean Bruyea? It would not be wasted but the long game does not interest the media because when they address Minister Hehr he is like a broken record and says the same thing again and again...his aggressive mandate letter! Even when he is asked a question that has nothing to do with his mandate letter his skill at steering the conversation back to the mandate letter is superb! So why would the media want to talk to this clown about vet topics he deflects away? Also VAC is so well run like all other government departments that the people who should be interviewed by the media are not allowed to...top level bureaucrats.

I hope you now understand that this site is much better then you think when it comes to advocating.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Topics Moved By the Forum Master - Page 3 Empty Re: Topics Moved By the Forum Master

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2016, 11:02

Check notices section.

Conference call info starting tomorrow.  A few reason why I am starting this. One is to get everyone on same page if possible in regards to PA Vets and NVC Vets.   Infighting sucks, but everyone must respect everyons opinion right or wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2016, 09:57

wildthing,

CSAT stands for (Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team)

CSAT is sponsored by VVi (Veterans Voice.info)

CSAT as clearly described in the forum rules is objective is to assist Veterans in obtaining benefits by providing help and info to the forum.
It is not the advocating picture you believe it to be, it does reflect advocating in a indirect way, indirectly meaning that CSAT members do not, and are not a part of the distribution list put forward by the government parties involved on our file.
It's main function is to aid and direct those who are medically released and disabled from the forces, and the former RCMP officers as well, to aid in obtaining the benefits that are available today.

VVi has and advocate, (Chief Editor) he is the person who represents VVi and all Veterans as advocating in a direct fashion.
By direct fashion, I mean he is on the distribution list and attends meetings and writes articles on Veterans behalf.
I can assure you that there's more advocating that goes on behind the scenes that you think, or are aware of, our Chief Editor, Sean Bruyea, CJ Wallace, and many more are fighting daily for all of you, I know this because I read their daily conversations.
They are all on the side of all Veterans, they also hold the experience that many do not, they share the exact frustration as any other Veteran has on this forum, or outside of the forum.
There's absolutely nothing stopping any forum member who has a concern, or a question regarding advocating to ask it in the Chief Editors category, there's nothing stopping anyone to PM our Chief Editor, or myself to forward it to our Chief Editor, that's why we have that category in place.

With all of that said, any one forum member who feels the need to create a category for advocating among ourselves here on the forum, let me know and I will create one for you, I want to keep the forum set up in a way that topics do not counter each other so that our main objectives do not get mixed up with different topics at hand, leaving the categories for topics that pertain to those categories so that the help and info gets through without interference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 14 Nov 2016, 08:28

I wake scrathing my head every morning wondering why it hasnt been rectified yet as well wildthing.

According to the Equitas Society, they equal our last chanch to obtain or revert back to the Pension Act?
"Not true at all." IMO
Watch it on Gurrilla radio you tube, MC does a great speach and explains a fasinating story of the resolve of our soldiers ovreseas, "described his tour like a champ, great use of slides", BZ.
The judge must see what we (NVC) vet see.
We are not math maticians nor should we be, but come on, don't take it to court, it'll be the fall of the empirer..
I can turn my back as quickly on them as they did to me, now knowing I am not alone.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2016, 07:31

Trooper i asked a question never got a straight answer why is csat not using it's position to fire for effect. Advocating is not working. What i see on this site is mostly pa veterans and look how angry they are getting fighting for these insurance benefits. Do you notice the commercial at the top of page when you come on csat and what it looks like. Do you know what i see i see a young afgan veteran being bent over the insurance table and a bureacrat giving her not a 42000 dollar tax free life time pension what i see is a bureacrat giving her a 42 inch tax free ------g and some not all PA vets behind pushing. This is graphic not meant to be funny makes me mad as hell as it should every veteran. There is a war coming mark my words and im standing with the VETERANS BEING BENT OVER THE TABLE. No trooper im not leaving csat my question again why is csat not pulling out all the stops to put an end to this. was this site established soley for PA veterans and nvc vets are tolerated to a point. Their is a reason i keep coming back this time im not fighting for myself im fighting for them and im holding all in a position of authority accountable for not putting up the best fight they can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2016, 06:51

wildthing,

If you think CSAT is insurance driven and the site not up to your standards, why bother registering to it?

My advice to you is to learn how to read and understand what CSAT is meant for, you have been on this site many times before in the past, but yet, you still don't understand the meaning of the objectives of CSAT.

Before you post such comments, you should take the time and look over the forum and re read if you have to, there's enough info available on the forum that will explain just what CSAT stands for.

Also, when you make those comments about the forum being insurance driven, and politically driven you are insulting all those good members who have taken the time to help others on the forum.

If your intention is to push others to follow your beliefs, that's not going to happen here, you are welcome to respectfully  give your opinion as we all are, but don't push your opinion on others.

There's other sites you can go to, to accomplish this, this is not one of them.

And by the way, there's more advocating going on by VVi then you think, there's a category on this forum dedicated for advocating, for just that purpose, this is where advocating questions should be posted, (Chief Editor VVi's Representative for Advocacy.)

As far as the number of members of CSAT goes, that's irrelevant to our cause, it's not the number of members that count, it's the number of info that is available for both the members and guest to view for obtaining that help and info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 21:58

I hear you loud and clear. Time to take names and make some noise.

Info will follow for first conference call.  There will be a plan, difference here is I seek no glory or recognition.  Most groups do it for the PR     I have done things like this in the past, it starts slow but will gain speed.  Kind of like the Trump effect, they laughed at him, who's laughing now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 21:34

I figured i would get a response by now this not a rant it is a question, why does csat not do more. Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team. Veterans Voice what a heading on the stationary to send to the papers Why the papers because it is right there in front of people it is in our words it is not a voice gone the minute it is spoken. I am puzzled i don't know weather this site is here to help veterans or pushing an agenda to sell insurance because all i see is insurance when i look at most of the topics. I would like to help all veterans get what is owed to them i don't have the smarts anymore. And the people who do, to me don't seam to want to risk what ever they feel they are risking to help. Out of all the disabled veterans there is not even a thousand members why is this. There would be 30000 members with in a week if word got out csat is fighting back.Not sure what to make of this site is it politically driven to sell the insurance of this bastardized new veterans charter or a legion spin off site something don't smell right not right at all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 17:43

There are a few more differences than that trooper lower percentage vet are left wanting they have no elb or eelb and only one injury. The judge in the Equitas law suit has all the facts in front of him and the case is not settled yet. It clearly shows an unfair advantage between old and new and the longer this goes on the more likely it will be bad news for nvc vets a solution has to be found to get the public on our side. As for the vac offices every veteran knows they are out dated. The drama teacher and the lawyer along with the manulife lawyer have no respect for veterans and any life long pension the three stooges lay on nvc vets won't be worth the fight they have to go through to receive it. there are some smart guy's behind the scenes at csat with technical knowledge gather information and write something for the papers that will bloody these three stooges noses. Do something man STOP BEING POLITICALLY NEUTRAL AND POLITICALLY CORRECT VETERANS NEED HELP...

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 13 Nov 2016, 17:39

Well trooper have you heard anything other then getting his DO back? In case you don't know that sound it's crickets.

This so called great advocate had the Libs ear and he said jack squat about any issues for the veterans he was supposedly helping in Sydney.

No he just wanted his personal coffee shop back and now there is 15 people who owe him because they got a job. Utter BS and Ron Clarke is the reason veterans are having a problem getting the GoC to take their problems seriously!

Don't believe me about Clarke's selfishness then find me a positive comment from Veteran Advocate groups fighting the system. Because he damn well has pissed off a lot of advocates because he passed up a fantastic opportunity to put the pressure on the Libs on Thursday and he said and did sweet F'all! What a disgrace.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 16:07

Bottom line here for me is that the re opening of the offices should have not come before the implementation of the lifelong pension.

Teen, your bang on regarding Clarke and his push for the re opening of these offices for his own personal value.
This whole ordeal surrounding Clarke's arranged protest in voting ABC worked, but there's more to it than that, a lot of Veterans were voting Liberal for their promise to reinstate a lifelong pension, but the whole focus was put on Clarke and these offices, it's political BS.
JT and Kent know very little about our file, the basics at best, they work for themselves counting on the bureaucrats to rule the direction.

If you look at the difference between making the offices a priority over the lifelong pension, you will see that the offices do not compare in priority as the lifelong pension does for hitting the main problem that helps the Veterans most in need.
Therefore again, the NVC has evolved into such a chaotic mess that you see Veterans split over priorities, which ultimately ends up not only losing our unity, but also puts Veterans fighting for themselves, in what matters to themselves, before fighting for those who are most in need of change.

We must also remember that when we look at those who are 100% PA and those who are on the NVC, fully or close to fully on the NVC, using a mathematical figure to compare these is not a logical way to determine this, Taxes payed being the problem in determination.
Take the NVC and look at the tax paid in the total of benefits received, the government gives it, and takes it away. There is no tax free pension besides the lump sum payment which in my view is not a pension even though it is tax free.The ELB is finished at 65. The PIA is peanuts compared to the PA pension for two reasons, it's limits on the total amount payable, and it of course being taxed.

The pension from the old act is all taxed free, and is for life with no BS attached to it. Tax FREE and for LIFE being the key points.

So if Clarke is focused on these offices, that tell me two things, he is already 100% or close to it on the old pension act, and he is only looking out for his own well being, which leaves those most in need behind.
He is side by side with the bureaucrats who only care about themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:46

To get the conversation back on track of DO's opening....

Rex you wrote

The problem with that is. when does it stop? Do they say that in order to get a full office, you need X number of Veterans living within a certain geographical area? Or do they go by general population? Do they need a full office in North Bay, or Brandon? What about 4 offices in the Toronto area? By saying that it's OK to close, or downsize any office, because the local Veterans demographic is aging, you are giving them a license to do it to all the offices, regardless of how many Veterans are located nearby.

You make some valid points but IMO you are not accounting for one thing VAC is always trying to do...lower "active" case files for CM's to 24. That is the guide for office staffing.

Sydney is being staffed with 15 people. At least 2 of them are CM's that means they have a minimum of 48 active files. From the grand re-opening and over the last 2 years I have only heard from 2 vets in Sydney....Clark and the one who got the MM outlet opened, he may be a NVC vet.

If there is 48 active files for the CM's then I will still stay with my opinion that Sydney should only have been a satellite office. For those who do not know what a satellite office is it is a 2-5 person staff. They usually work out of their homes and are in constant contact with their main DO for who and when they need in home visits to vets who live to far from their DO. That is their job...go to the vet.

For example Toronto has 1, that's ONE, DO. There is 1 satellite office in Meaford. There is a VAC office at CFB Borden that vets can go to instead of driving up to 2/3 hours to Brampton/Mississauga the main DO for Southern/Central Ontario.

Brampton/Mississauga covers from the border of Hamilton to the border of Peterbourough and about half of Central Ontario. The DO has, last I asked, 5 CM's, or a total of 120 active case files, a number of active files they will only reach when hell freezes over or the Leafs win the cup. I couldn't tell you what the total is for vet files they are responsible for but look at the map and it would be safe to say at least 75,000 vets.

Rex the veteran population in geographic areas whether you like it or not does depend on either a DO or satellite. Do you honestly think taxpayers will agree that a fully staffed office should remain open as the veteran population in their area decreases?

It totally sucks when a DO closes, I agree with you on that. But tax dollars need to be spent wisely not stupidly. And in this case the Libs jumped on this situation because of 1 angry vet who started the ABC campaign. He was the only voice of the 9 offices that made national media. But the Libs jumped on it to win over the veterans vote.

When satellite offices were set up in Service Canada offices, when the DO's closed, there was not a lot of problems. Even Peter Stoffer couldn't find enough problems to bring it up on the floor. So they were working for a lot of people except a few and that's who got the attention of the Libs. Ask the overworked understaffed DO's how they feel about these DO's that are re-opening? They wanted those 150 new hires for their offices. One stat that VAC will never release? CM burn out. It's real and it's happening a lot. Was it happening in these 9 offices? We will never know because VAC will do everything to hide it from the public. Trust me I've argued with the last 3 DM's and 4 Ministers to get the numbers. They will not release them because if it gets out there the pool to hire them will diminish even more.

No matter the distance CM's go to the vet. If it's an emergency, as in life threatening, they will go immediately...no matter how far the client lives from the DO.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 10:18

Take a deep breath Bigrex i had no right to make those comments i apologize. It was stupid of me buddy you deserve every thing you fought for. No vet need feel this way this situation is solely the responsibility of the mindless individuals who control every second of our lives from the minute we sign the oath until the day we tell them to shove it. Lets work together people not veterans but people to get this solved not for ourselves but for those coming behind us...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 13 Nov 2016, 10:02

Wildthing, I am covered under both legislations, so I've been entitled to apply for benefits from both, since getting that first disability award. But when the NVC first came out PA recipients had been left out, meaning that they could not apply for ELB, even if they were no longer able to work, and they couldn't restart SISIP either. They could not apply for PIA either, but yet, since all new claims were paid out as lump sums, they would never reach the required 100% assessment under the PA, in order to receive the EIA. So without the NVC benefits, a Veteran who is getting a 50% PA pension, with a family of four, but is no longer able to work, would get $1988/mo, or just under $24000/year. That's it. With no prospects for significant gains other than their condition worsening. And that amount would only decrease, as their children reached the age of 18. Even a married Veteran getting a 100% PA pension, only gets just over $40000/year, without the NVC benefits. Yet a severely disabled NVC Veteran, getting ELB, PIA/PIAS would get a minimum of $66000, plus the lump sum, without needing to be 100% disabled.

So what most Veterans are saying, is NOT take NVC benefits away from PA recipients, but to give NVC Veterans monthly pensions, equal to those of the PA.

That, and I wish they would make every Veterans' benefits tax free, because then their level of financial supports wouldn't depend on where in Canada they choose to live.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2016, 15:24

great idea steelgunner .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next