Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VV VV 2 vet WOLF speaking up!

Go down

VV VV 2 vet WOLF speaking up! Empty Re: VV VV 2 vet WOLF speaking up!

Post by Dannypaj Sat 19 Nov 2016, 07:46

"AND A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM"

In the sobering aftermath of the heavily emotional impact of Remembrance Day, with all its sorrowful memories of departed comrades of the past , I was unexpectedly bathed in the warming afterglow of uplifting promise and hope for future generations of Canadians .

This metamorphosis was brought about by hundreds of young schoolchildren who, accompanied by their teachers, trooped in to visit the Veterans at Ste.Anne's Hospital on Remembrance Day, spreading their sweet smiles and joy of living, almost as surrogate great-grandchildren to our geriatric generation.

To best illustrate the significance and effect of the precious presence of these third and fourth graders in our midst, I am privileged to present their own wondrous words, exactly as written on just a few of the multitude of hand-written (and colourfully decorated with hearts and poppies) greeting cards, which these incredible innocents left in their wake, to be distributed to our Veterans, after they said their gentle goodbyes........

"Thank you for fighting for Canada. You are so brave . We will never ever forget you.Thank you !"
[Stephanie F.]

"Thank you for are freedom. I hope there will be no more wars !!!"

"Merci de vos sacrifices Pour garder le Canada en securite ! Merci pour tout les choses que tu a fais ! Je vais souvenir tout les soldats pour porter un coquelicot !"

"Thank you for fighting for canada. Your service to,our country will never be forgotten. You are brave and the best. We love you and will,never forget you. Xxxxxxxx......
[Elyzabeth-G blainville. grade 3. pierre elliot trudeau]

"Dear Veteran, I want to thank you a lot. You have a lot of courage that helps a lot in our world. you are brave, couragous , helpful and very peaceful"

"Thank you for fighting for our country We will never forget you" [Kiana T,]

"I will wear a puppy on the day of canada"....[Maika R.B.]

I recently sadly said that the Canadian public routinely mouthed the mantra of "Lest We Forget" on Remembrance Day, only to indeed forget both the dead and the living military men and women throughout the remainder of the year , until the following eleventh of November. I still hold to that distressing belief, but the indescribable inspiration of those young faces and their easy and natural willingness to share some time with us and convey their touching messages of gratitude and admiration, gives us heart in the thought that we may yet not be totally forgotten, after all, for in the immortal words of Isaiah(11:6)....."AND A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM".

Lieut.(Ret'd)Wolf W. S.
(IMO you are 24/7 ALWAYS/STILL ACTIVE, p.s. BZ Wolf for sharing, networking is key)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

VV VV 2 vet WOLF speaking up! Empty VV VV 2 vet WOLF speaking up!

Post by Dannypaj Sat 19 Nov 2016, 06:06

VAC Veterans Accountability Commission
11 hrs ยท Ottawa, ON

Update from Wolf S.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 18, 2016 at 3:01:37 PM GMT-5
To: Michel M.
Cc: Walter N.
Subject: Fwd: NON-MEETING WITH QUEBEC DEPUTY MINISTER OF HEALTH

Note: I thought I had "sent" this out very late last night, but I must have pushed the wrong button, in my semi-soporific state, so here it goes again. No wonder that I was wondering why I had not heard even a whisper of a reaction to this recent rant !

WWS .
Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: NON-MEETING WITH QUEBEC DEPUTY MINISTER OF HEALTH

1. I was advised yesterday that the a/m Deputy Minister would visit Ste. Anne's on Fri. Nov. 18

2. I was informed this (Thursday) morning that he would, instead, arrive here today, at 10:30 am

3. Shortly before noon, a group of four forgettable figures were shepherded toward my room, and when I asked which one might be the Deputy Minister, their spokesman said that he was unable to come in person, but that they ( this mix of minor minions) were sent to represent him.

The only vocal member of this inordinate selection of subordinates made the fatal mistake of off-handedly asking me "How are things with you"? Not being one to let such an opportunity pass by , regardless of who the questioner was, I started into a fairly detailed account of the countless complaints and concerns centring around the current care being provided to the Veterans. While two of the other "suits" were studiously avoiding any contact with me from the very start ( not even approaching closely enough for introductions), and the one lady among them kept nodding her head in seeming interest, this poor sacrificial soul kept looking at his watch and, protesting pitifully that he was on a very tight schedule, soon scurried back down the hall, in one helluva hurry to cut short my full answer to what he thought to be just his polite, routine question , to which my reply was expected to be equally brief and non-committal.

I was , in the end , unable to foil his escape (just as his name escapes me), and he and his cohorts finally reached the safety of the elevator , with me trailing after him in a last-ditch effort of trying to get a few more of my points across to conceivably convey to his superior, and he repeating "I hear you, I hear you", in a futile effort to assure me that he "got"my message, which was prematurely aborted by his retreat.

This episode could be considered laughable, were it not such a truly tragic tale reflecting what I now, more than ever before, deem to be a clear example of ignorant indifference, laced with distinct disinterest and disrespect toward the Veterans at Ste. Anne's, on the part of the Quebec Provincial government, which body had officially pledged , along with Veterans Affairs Canada, to provide and preserve our pre-existing level of care.

In retrospect, this regrettable combination of the Deputy Minister's failure to perform, coupled with the sorry exhibition by his surrogates , can be categorized as an outstanding example of the proverbial "dog and pony show", but in this case the pony didn't show up, and the dogs ran away with but a bare spoonful of knowledge.

Such a pity that this potentially productive encounter turned out to be such a farce.

Disappointedly and Dispiritedly.

Wolf.

P.S.....I have no knowledge, at this point, as to what may have taken place during the group's intended visit to the Pavillon section.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down