Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers

+4
Teentitan
czerv
LostTrucker
bigrex
8 posters

Go down

PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers Empty Re: PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers

Post by 1993firebird Tue 29 Nov 2016, 11:34

I do not pay ambulance fees.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers Empty Re: PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 11:28

I'm happy to hear your son will be okay Rex. It must have been a terrible feeling for everyone involved. I'm sure he's learned a tough lesson.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 29 Nov 2016, 07:40

Thank you everyone. He is finally starting to feel normal again. But I am not going to take any chances of this reoccurring by removing all the medications from the house. Then to top it all off, i just got a bill for the ambulance. $150 even though the hospital is just 5 minutes down the street, and they got lost on the way to the house.We have free health care, but it costs you to get to it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 29 Nov 2016, 05:47

Bigrex, I cannot imagine how difficult and frieghtening the situation. Thanks for the great advice. All the best to you and your loved ones.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 18:42

Take care Rex. Excellent advice
Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2016, 18:19

Bigrex, I am very sorry that your family went through this medical crisis but thankful that you saved your son. Thank you for your words of warning that we all must be careful and mindful of those around us. Please let us know how your son is doing in the days to come. Take care

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 16:57

Bigrex - Yes, great lesson for us all. I am very thankful you where on time buds. I hope for a full recovery bigrex. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 28 Nov 2016, 13:55

My medication now is only Marijuana , no more prescription drugs , so let's party because Marijuana is fun. In all seriousness , keep medication secured.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:54

Fantastic advice. I have no kids at home so when friends show up with their kids I do put them away and out of reach.

Hope for a speedy recovery for your son and the rest of your family Rex.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 28 Nov 2016, 08:33

Sorry to hear that bigrex. Thank God you were there on time.
I keep my meds locked up in a ... suitcase. Works for me.
Like Churchil said: 'trust but ... lock them up(meds)"

Blessings

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Mon 28 Nov 2016, 07:47

great advise! I think alot of us take stuff for granted and assume things wont happen to us. We all got the "Not Me" syndrome. I wish your son a speedy recovery and wish all the best to you and your family (As I'm sure all forum members do too).
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers Empty PSA - For my fellow Veterans with teenagers

Post by bigrex Sun 27 Nov 2016, 22:43

This week has been very hard on me, and mine is a precautionary tale. This week, my seventeen year old son decided to try taking some of my medications recreationally. Unfortunately he took the wrong type, at the wrong dose, and ended up overdosing on pain killers. We woke up to our son in an almost catatonic state, and had to call 911. He spent three days in the ICU, with a tube down his throat to breathe for him. The Doctors said that if we hadn't found him when we did, he would have passed away. He is finally home, and resting, but we are in a constant state of vigil. So I implore anyone with teenagers at home, to lock up your medications immediately, because you never know if and when they may be curious, and it only takes once for things to turn tragic.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down