Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+2
meteck
jack22
6 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 4 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:50

I will be wearing a FORM 1198 CREW t-shirt and a Dude wears DM ball cap!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:44

Maybe even free weed to keep the crowd calm and happy. I heard Doritos might sponsor the event

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:39

That would be great Navrat if we could get Trudeau to Rock the Hill with us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:37

What star power , meaning political figures , can this event get to boost the exposure to the media! Maybe Trudeau !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:35

Teen , taking a educated guess, do you think this will move ahead by lawsuit or is it a dead issue! And from your meetings in Ottawa is there any push to extend ltd and ELB past age 65? What about the recommended increase of ELB and ltd from 75 percent to 90 percent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:35

Teen, is it possible to start a poll or thread on csat to determine attendee amounts for Rock the Hill June 4th?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:31

Well part of taking on a lawsuit by a law firm is to go over the policy that they are about to challenge. So yes maybe that is why.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:21

Teen is this why no legal team has come forward to represent the ELB issues be it MC or any other firms?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:13

And that is why VAC is not going to give the retro because they strongly believe they would win any lawsuit because it's not about being fair to them.

Remember the NVC was written by senior VAC bureaucrats who worked at VAC for years and saw the 'loopholes' of the PA. They wrote the NVC to close these loopholes.

There is only one way to "persuade" the government to do the right thing...Rock the Hill of June 4 and tell all Canadians about the injustice of the PA being changed into a insurance policy that the insurance industry envies.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 17:11

Yes, Teen, but man this is so unfair

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 07 Apr 2014, 13:14

In my opinion this could be a very, very difficult lawsuit to win. Here's why...

wording

In the LTD policy the word "income" is used whereas in ELB policy the "benefit" is used. Justice Barnes even pointed this out in his decision.

This should be the first question to anyone that contacts a lawyer.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:56

We need Sparrow. Back. Where is SHE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:34

Meteck, Now is the time to get this class action going, Never has a time been better because an election is coming soon and the Harper government will do anything to avoid the media attention on this, think about it , sisip ltd was in our favor , RCMP after the Harper government tried to deny them, caved in, the Harper government has to , has to give you ELB retro guys what is fairly due to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:10

meteck buds I don't know you but I know a lot of people like you. guys that were in my platoon section and a couple of old fire team partners. THIS SYSTEM SUCKS as plain as I could put it. sure seems great at first with that big check but down the road ,witch is where they are at right now, they are fracked. I put my claim in prior to the deadline and encouraged others to do so with very limited success. ya see its hard to call it quits especially when you got a family to feed and a extra year ore two at full pay plus the extra 2% a year pension means a lot. for these reasons I fully understood and struggled with the decision myself. bottom line we were in the infantry and needed our bodies and if you had body parts badly broken ore missing well try as you may and hold on as long as you can there is eventually only one outcome.

I feel so bad for you guys it hurts seriously.

of all the talk about changing this and that and dancing around the real problem like politicians we need to end the buyout.

STOP THE BUYOUT NOW!!!!!!!

that's it just end the buyout and almost all the problems with the NVC goes away.

seems simple doesn't it but send off a letter to some of the powers that be and check your response , if you even get one , you get nothing but BS.

but hey gotta keep on keeping on.

END THE BUYOUT NOW!!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:22

after talking with jose mcciver from the va its pretty clear people. she is actually a nice lady who has the unfortunate position of telling us what we don't want to hear. we will get 4 months retro. the rest we will have to fight for. I don't think the gvmnt takes this position without feeling confident they will win the class action sure to come. it has been a long frustrating 18 months and my personal thought on all this now is at least we are getting something now. we will simply have to sue for the rest. its further evidence this gvmnt knew they were wrong stealin it. got caught,,thank you dennis and other original plantiffs,without which none ofus gets anything. now they are tired of giving it back. I will be done with elb by 2015 and will be out on the street with perhaps a shot at income support program although I hear its very hard to get on. I at least have my medical pension from the old system which was submitted 2 days before the april 2005 deadline..THANK YOU VA WORKER way back then who pushed it threw fast to beat the deadline between the monthy pension and a pay out lump sum award. even back then va case workers new the new system sucked for veterans in that regard. a lot of others on elb right now will simply go from 2500 a month to ZERO!!!. there is a generation of soldiers that will unfortunately be in that position now and in the future. my 2 year social service worker program provides very little chance for gainful employment as there is a glut of 20 year old graduates already fighting for the minimum wage jobs available. scary...but even more scary for those who got the lump sum. got on elb..completed your training, then still cant find a job that would pay half of what you earned on the program. that is reality for me and for others like me. for those new to elb my advice is to talk to someone like me or another elb veteran so you know what to expect when its time to punt your sorry behind to the societal curb lol...it hurts

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next