Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans’ file on track, it’s a four-year mandate

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Veterans’ file on track, it’s a four-year mandate Empty Re: Veterans’ file on track, it’s a four-year mandate

Post by Ex Member Thu 15 Dec 2016, 22:22

LMAO yup partisan politics . I am even partisan since 06 my party is vets .

BTW the Tories by hook or by crook gave me a lot more as a PA vet than the libs ever did since 06 .

always question authority

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Veterans’ file on track, it’s a four-year mandate Empty Re: Veterans’ file on track, it’s a four-year mandate

Post by pinger Thu 15 Dec 2016, 21:30

Funniest thing @ teen who wrote... " when I say anything negative about the Libs. "

You see, I don't give a rat what flavour is in power (inspite of voting Lib), but rather by any positive ACTIONS on our file...
which is why most politicians will just burn in hell.

Your equal opportunity offender... Smile
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2016, 18:45

speculation hmmm that's my middle name lol. unfortunately my speculations end up very accurate .

so here it goes.

the GOCs solution will either be one that profits the PA vet in some way or will be introduced at the same time as another befit that profits the PA vet . also at least one of the benefit proposals from the working group will be introduced . maybe dumbed down and cheapened to a degree but you will see one in there .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2016, 17:22

As far as I'm concerned, speculating on what the lifelong pension will be, just verifies that it will not be worth the paper it's written on, it's really sad that Veterans cannot obtain a Minister that has the smarts and respect for Veterans regarding educating themselves on our file and taken command of our file.
Benefits need to start with financial security, without it, you now find yourself working in reverse, the financial security is the starting point, everything else is all welcomed added benefits that of course help all Veterans and their families.
If you look at what the NVC offers, it is true that you would find excellent benefits that are offered in it, but all of the benefits are TAXED this means that the Veteran does not get the full benefit of the benefits received, as they pay tax on all benefits received.
The bureaucrats will bring the lifelong pension forward, be prepared for a huge disappointment, and don't think for one minute that is complicated to make up this lifelong pension, this is pure bullshyte, and this statement from our incompetent Minister about wanting to get it right, and not to rush it, apparently from what he heard from a handful of Veterans is again, bullshyte, this gives him stall time to announce the huge disappointment.
In my own opinion, unfortunately for those post 2006 Veterans, they will need to wait out the four year term and hope that someday, people like Ron Clark and most of the other Legion members will no longer be the voice of our Minister, these folks are all on the PA plan and would not touch a lump sum if it was offered to any of them, again, it is those NVC Veterans who end up suffering.
In my opinion it's all about getting the NVC Veterans on par with the PA Veterans, this will not happen with the support of the legion, or those who are on the PA who wait in silence, not supporting those NVC Veterans.
Again, this all plays right into the bureaucrats hand, they are in control and the legion and those AG's are feeding them each time they attend a meeting.
I think we are faced with a dead end in how advocating works today, things need to change, this change needs to focus on boycotting these meetings and focus on educating the media/public on the sins that are coming from those bureaucrats that are in full control of our file, and if the Minister is not willing to learn our file and stand up to those bureaucrats who are under him, he needs to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 16:58

Teentitan - Ya, he still did not answer where he heard this, or fm whom. And I agree with you on 4, that is a good way to bring on another court case..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 15 Dec 2016, 14:18

See told ya Johnny he only trolls me when I comment on the Libs.

1. If you were there then PM me your name
2. Are you saying you work in the Budget Office
3. Agree it's going to be taxed
4. Lawsuit
5. Another lawsuit.

And seeing as you want a reply....the Cons did bring in benefits it's just you didn't like them because they did not put any money in your bank account. Rather it put money in NVC vets bank accounts and that was the target....NVC vets not PA vets.

One more thing if the Libs didn't like the changes the Cons made why are they still on the books?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 13:47

1. What if I was there?
2. New life long pension approved for upcoming budget
3. Not tax free
4. Will be awarded on a go forward basis only, lump sums awarded are just that, awarded for disability prior to the new pension
5. No spousal or child supplements

Remember the Conservatives weren't going to bring in anything so at least for those injured going forward they will at least have a small monthly award instead of the lump sum.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2016, 13:06

well we do know what mike submitted . we also know everyone else in that particular group opposed that . that's enough for me to that the fastest easiest and fairest way to fix this particular issue isn't going to happen thus it will not be fixed to anywhere near what will be acceptable to those this actually effects thus not be fixed at all come budget time .

of course that was elementary when the MVA stated this was complicated and would take time shortly after coming into power .

that statement told me with absolutely no uncertainty that the GOC already had a very good idea what they were going to do with this and needed time to do it in the very best possible lite .

of course I expressed this already here at the time the MVA made that statement along with expressing it to the politicians that it concerned along with showing them the real fix and how very easy it is. more to let them know that we know they were in no way planning on returning the PA pension .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:52

Naw he just trolls my postings when I say anything negative about the Libs. So this one will probably bring him out....

IN MY OPINION the lifelong pension is going to be either taxed or a "blended" pension.

Let's look at the last year that our Mandate Letter Puppet has been in charge. The single most important issue that should have been addressed first should have been the lifelong pension. They would have killed a few birds with that one stone. Significantly the One Veteran, One Standard on his mandate letter (thanks for reminding me about that steelgunner). By taking care of these two issues first would have made a guy like me eat crow, and yes I would have asked for some salt and a beer to go with it.

But once they looked at the issue they needed to build 'love' first. How did they do that? Re opening district offices....or a cross country tour 'announcing' the soon to be re opened DO's. Photo ops, meet and greets, shaking hands, kissing babies, meeting small groups of vets or supporters.

Second they created 6 Advisory Groups but didn't make it public. They immediately slapped a non-disclosure on them to not talk about it. Made it public after each groups first meeting to give the illusion of transparency.

Third thing they did? Grow the stakeholder meeting to a staggering 160 participants where 95% of them don't know why they were invited, think they know veteran issues, Kent is a nice man trying his hardest with the disability he faces crowd.

Why were these people invited you wonder? Well their one and only job was to shout down any nay sayers. We can ask the Chief Editor of Veteran Voice about this as he had to put up with it.

Now the advisory groups reports are submitted, protected by the Budget Office, and the Libs have already said...."We hope to work it into Budget 2017." That statement alone gives me a warm fuzzy feeling I get just before I paint the toilet bowl when I get the flu.

Right now, in my opinion, trooper's postings about the bureaucrats will create the lifelong pension is rapidly approaching 100% truth. Remember if ANY of the advisory group members open their mouths after the budget about what they submitted they can be fined and or thrown in jail. So how will we know the truth?

What I see coming from VAC and the budget office is a small taxed pension, maybe tax free, that will be added to CIA, TPI, ELB to match the PA amounts. This will work 2 ways. One the total of all the alphabet benefits and the small taxed pension will take care of the severely disabled. Two if the vet gains employment he loses the alphabet benefits but keeps the small taxed pension as a gratuity.

Right now with the way the economy is sitting, carbon taxes coming in, Trump wanting to rip up all trade agreements I feel resolving the lifelong pension for Canadian Veterans is nowhere near the top third of the list.

One Veteran, One Standard is, as usual, a hollow statement.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 14 Dec 2016, 18:33

Teentitan - lol I think your right. I just don't get why he would state that and not back it up with fact. Maybe that's just me, the cranky older Rad-Op.., or he likes to stir the pot up. Out,, VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 14 Dec 2016, 18:16

He's still at the Legion Johnny...you know rumor central. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 14 Dec 2016, 16:48

Tks for that Trooper. I knew all that, but was curious where 1sea0shell33, got his info fm. But since he does not want to answer back, it is obvious it's just another rumour..Out,,
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016, 16:38

Johnny,

Nothing official on the timeline for the lifelong pension.

The increase and retro of the disability award is coming April 2017.

The advisory group stated they hope the lifelong pension will be in the next budget, but this is just pure speculation, the advisory group has no say in deciding when the announcement comes out for the lifelong pension.

What I can say is this; The Bureaucrats will be the ones who bring forward the lifelong pension, this I know for certain, our Minister will green light whatever the bureaucrats bring forward, anything outside of this is just a hopeful dream, it is clear that our Minister is implementing changes that only come from the bureaucrats.
From what I have read and seen thus far from the Liberals regarding our file does not impress me one bit, from what I have read and seen come from our Minister thus far does not impress me one bit.
Our Minister has given over our file in complete to the bureaucrats, therefore what comes forward will come from those bureaucrats, not our Minister.

The lifelong pension is going to be a complete disappointment all around, this is done on purpose by the bureaucrats to add more gaps to the already screwed up NVC, more gaps will keep the bureaucrats going for many years to come.
This is what it's all about, it has nothing to do with the best interest of Veterans, it has everything to do with the best interest of themselves, the bureaucrats.
Bring forward legislation that will look good in the public eyes, but not good for Veterans.

Ongoing ordeal that is set to produce work for the bureaucrats, on the backs of disabled Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 14 Dec 2016, 15:34

So just putting this out there. But I have asked 1sea0shell33 prior, where he heard the pension announcement was coming in Apr. Still silence fm him. So do you think he heard another rumour, or maybe he will come back and fill us in? Johnny Out,, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2016, 18:44

I don't want more more more but keep getting it anyway . didn't care about the ELB increase but got it anyway . STOP GIVING ME MORE MONEY ALREADY !!!!!!!!!

put it where it is needed . one change END THE BUYOUT NOW!!!! just that one change would make me a lot happier . that's all I want and that's all a lot of people need .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next