Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.

2 posters

Go down

Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.  Empty Re: Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.

Post by Ex Member Tue 07 Feb 2017, 09:06

yaaaa skeptical is ok . thing is we only have two options keep fighting or quit . well I'm guessing you all pretty much know right now I don't quit .

I wright these people on a regular basis lol . it should not have to be so often but they just keep peeing me off .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.  Empty Re: Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.

Post by Dannypaj Tue 07 Feb 2017, 05:42

Black and white difference.

A vet who is under the Pension Act (PA) gets a monthly pension for life, no strings attached.
A Vet who is under the New Veterans Charter (NVC) gets a lump-sum, with a suit of benefits with strings attached.

Security  A vet under the PA can receive ex-amount of dollars for the rest of their life.
              A vet under the NVC receives uncertainty to their financial livelihood .
Any questions?

Example vet under PA gets a $ 900 pension a month for life.  He/she lives until they are 80 and they are 40 now. 900x12x40= $432,000 and it doesn't stop until you pass away.
Example of the vet under the NVC. He/she gets a $ 360,000 lump-sum payment, a $360,000 lump-sum payment! That is it! That is all!
Now who has more security?
IDK, and the NVC is confusing as hell!

Appeasing the masses, with a small cash settlement.
I voted for our pension back!
I am sure we all heard the same speech.
Please do not let them pull the wool over your eyes for just one second!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2017, 22:44

Pinger good points.

Who's best interest will it be in.  Do I have to answer that?  

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 06 Feb 2017, 21:12

I pretty much agree with you Steelgunner.

You mentioned  " . . . I am confident we can get the penision back or a reasonable act that will guarantee future injured veterans . . . "  
To me it will NOT be the old PA, just a sad " version" of it.  
And ultimately, in who's best interests ?

Putting the MVA's feet to the fire on our file should be 24/7 accountability, sunny days, cloudy days, or dark days.
No matter the MVA or the party in power.
Remember, we HIRED them. And GoC accountability to their promises ain't no whining or snivelling.

Especially given the disparity between the PA and NVC.

Just my thoughts
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2017, 17:08

Trooper wrote:Good stuff Steelgunner!

I remain skeptical on any gain traction that comes from our MVA.

Listening is one thing, but without action, nothing will change.
But yes, agreed, " hold there feet to the coals so we get respect and what is due to us like the Veterans before us got a injury penision. "  

Trooper skeptical is fine, but we need to keep pressure on GOC/VAC as you know.

Well, if you look at my sent email date and their reply it took them 7 days to respond.  That does not happen unless it hit a nerve and maybe the MVA is worried about his non actions on a lot of Veteran Issues.  We all need to keep up the pressure on issues, after the retro is paid out sometime end of April 2017,  next issue is the pension issue. I was never on their cases about the amount and math on how they got to our retro pay.  It's all about the lack of info, disrespect for the Veteran, and making us wait so long under conditions that sone veterans find it hard to handle.

So what ever traction we can get from individuals will result in a major push from all of us together.  Remember, you can't eat an elephant in one sitting, it's one bite at a time over a period of time.  

The ELB was raised to 90%, the pension top up  end of April 2017, and I am confident we can get the penision back or a reasonable act that will guarantee future injured veterans before the next election. With these 3 issues fixed in time, I feel confident we are then on the right track  I will have to dive into more issues and understand what other Veterans feel is lacking and needs fixing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2017, 16:12

Good stuff Steelgunner!

I remain skeptical on any gain traction that comes from our MVA.

Listening is one thing, but without action, nothing will change.
But yes, agreed, " hold there feet to the coals so we get respect and what is due to us like the Veterans before us got a injury penision. "

Back to top Go down

Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.  Empty Keeping the MVA Hehr feet to the coals.

Post by Ex Member Mon 06 Feb 2017, 13:21

I forget the exact location where I found an email address to MVA Hehr but it was one of his earlier post of his Facebook account.  Someone had posted a remark to the Minister in his early days when he was actually answering someone's  post.  His remarks posted an email that would go directly to two of his personal assistants. I used that email to contact the MVA with my thoughts of the currentl situation that we voice here on CSAT. I did not save my email that I sent to that address, but I wish I did now.  I received a reply fairly quickly from another email address with my original email but they hide/took out their email address that I used first.  The info sent back to via email was no earth shattering event but then I received a phone call from VAC and the way he spoke and listen to my concerns and I made valid points about the current situation of VAC and what the Veterans feel according to Steelgunner lead me believe this person that called me was either his personal assistant or at least higher then the ordinary front line worker.   He asked at the start if he could record my comments so the minister could listen to my comments and he insured me I would get a written response.  The call last for forty mins and I wish I had recorded it, I will post the letter when I recieve the letter.  I wlil post now the response I got  from the MVA office from my initial  e mail that got a reply from email, a phone call, and soon a written letter.

My main point here is that this was not my first e mail, letter, or comment to the MVA.  We all as a group need to send messages to the MVA and voice your (our) opinion, it actually does get some traction and makes them listen in the long run, we have to hold there feet to the coals so we get respect and what is due to us like the Veterans before us got a injury penision. We write and advocate for future veterans.

January 31, 2017 at 0832 am
Re: FW: Veterans Retro Payment
Thank you for your inquiry. Please be assured that your comments have
been brought to the attention of the Minister of Veterans Affairs.

If this is an urgent issue, please contact 1-866-522-2122 (English)/
1-866-522-2022 (French).

Information about the following subjects and more can be found on
Veterans Affairs Canada’s website: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/a-z

● New Veterans Charter
● Disability benefits
● Health care benefits
● Veterans Independence Program
● Remembrance
● Medals and decorations

The Department cannot disclose personal information by e-mail and
therefore will respond by mail in certain cases.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Your feedback is important and
assists our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible service.

Merci pour votre demande de renseignements. Soyez assuré que vos
commentaires ont été portés à l’attention du ministre des Anciens
Combattants.

S’il s’agit d’une question urgente, veuillez composer le
1-866-522-2022 (français)/ 1-866-522-2122 (anglais).

Vous pouvez consulter le site Web d’Anciens Combattants Canada
(http://www.veterans.gc.ca/fra/search/a-z) pour obtenir des
renseignements sur une foule de sujets, notamment :

● La Nouvelle Charte des anciens combattants
● Les prestations d’invalidité
● Les avantages pour soins de santé
● Le Programme pour l’autonomie des anciens combattants
● La commémoration
● Les médailles et décorations

Comme le Ministère ne peut pas divulguer de renseignements personnels
par courriel, la réponse peut être envoyée par la poste dans certains
cas.

Merci encore d’avoir communiqué avec nous. Vos commentaires sont
importants et contribuent à nos efforts soutenus afin d’offrir le
meilleur service possible.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:34 PM
To: Hehr, Kent - M.P.
Subject: Veterans Retro Payment

Honourable MVA,

I will be to the point and frank to say the least.  Your delay in
informing us Veterans that have served our country bravely and at one
time had thought the Government of Canada would have our back if we got
injured.  I was injured in Afghanistan serving our country and now the
GOC has failed all Veterans and I take this personally.

You do not understand the weight of physical and mental health problems
that you exasperate  personally with the GOC is causing Veterans with
delays and lack of info to every Veteran in regards to the retro top up.

Your long delays in reality will cause harm both physically and
mentally, veterans will be at ropes ends and frustrated with your lack of
progress.  You have only increased delays at VAC and you proudly
announce Veterans Offices opening but you do not have proper staffing
levels after 15 months.  My I suggest you should put staffing levels
your number one concern

I am a Frustrated and  an ill informed Veteran because of your lack of
actions Mr Hehr.

XXXXX XXXXXX
XXXX XXXxX XXXXX

Sent from my iPhone

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down