Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

retro pay

2 posters

Go down

retro pay Empty Re: retro pay

Post by bigrex Sat 26 Aug 2017, 22:48

Unfortunately, the GoC is often very slow when it comes to paying out money owed, but if you owe them, they want it the week before yesterday. So the money should come eventually. It will also increase his CF pension slightly, because it's based off a percentage of his pay on release. For example, if his pay had been $5000/mo, and it is retroactively increased to $5200/mo, a 40% pension would go from $2000/mo to $2080, plus the COLA, since his release.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

retro pay Empty retro pay

Post by umbrella001 Sat 26 Aug 2017, 12:17

I've looked through the forums but haven't seen this question posted anywhere....

My husband retired May 2015 so he is still expected to receive the retro that went back to 2014. Still no sign of it though and of course when you call the number provided they tell you to wait for all payments to be completed August 30th before inquiring....any body else still waiting on their retro??? Also another question I had is will that retro effect the pension numbers to allow for a bit more $ every month in pension?

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum