Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada's Strangest Tax Laws

Go down

Canada's Strangest Tax Laws Empty Re: Canada's Strangest Tax Laws

Post by sabrelove Fri 15 Sep 2017, 23:17

I just checked the slide show (12 hours after I posted), and the slide about military pensions is gone. Hopefully it didn't cause too much damage.

No refund coming I guess Laughing

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 15:16

Thanks for this sabrelove.

I totally agree with you and I have forwarded the article to the proper person to evaluate.

Back to top Go down

Canada's Strangest Tax Laws Empty Canada's Strangest Tax Laws

Post by sabrelove Fri 15 Sep 2017, 09:59

MSN has made an error in their reporting, or we are in line for a big refund! On slide 5, they are talking about Enemy War Veterans' Pensions, however, the first line states:

"Veterans of the Canadian Forces are not required to pay any income tax, and that includes pension incomes."

I've been paying tax on my pension income since I retired from the Reg F in 2012! While the VAC monthly disability amount is not taxed, this kind of statement is wholely misleading to the general public whose opinions of Veterans are skued by misleading and incorrect information. It does not help our cause!

I have provided feedback to MSN that the statement is wrong and think that we all need to let them know so it can be corrected or removed.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/savingandinvesting/canadas-strangest-and-most-unusual-tax-laws-revealed/ss-AArV2FS?li=AAggNb9&ocid=AARDHP#image=5

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum