Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard.

Go down

My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard. Empty Re: My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard.

Post by Guest Sat 02 Dec 2017, 05:15

I was on sisip for life after 1995 alot of us were dropped especially those who could not afford a lawyer or could not mentally fight them. They offered nothing but torment and abuse.
The recent adjudication gave us hope but apparently we didn't fall under the parameters of the adjudication so we were all denied, to much money owed in back pay I guess, after all the big bucks are reserved for terrorist.
When a veteran qualifies and recieves sisip for injuries and part's of their skeletal structure missing, and is refused education and training for a job suitable for their disability and threatened weekly to be cut off if you you don't find employment suitable for your disabled conditions without training then apparently you deserve to be cut off...
Also for the eight year's your on it apparently they have the right to charge you for a 30000 dollar interest free loan you never received signed for or new they were taking out of your pay. Found that out during the adjudication apparently that's legal to never was awarded that money back either didn't fall under the parameters of the adjudication. You know what did fall under the parameters of the adjudication, the adjudicator's decision is legal and binding and I can't even sue these Manulife f-----s. Thanks justice department for setting veteran's up and protecting Manulife. And that's my story and experience on sisip for life!!!
I especially liked the threats like what will your family do if we cut you off. I found out we suffered!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard. Empty Re: My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard.

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 17:47

If you were released on or before January 1995, you still would get SISIP for life.

Nevertheless, it's just another black mark against the government for it's treatment of Veterans.

This all goes to prove or show my thoughts in my above post. We need to look at the facts, the facts are clear that since the creation of the New Veterans Charter, advocating for positive change has not worked for the Canadian Veterans. When I say positive change, I'm not talking about raising the ELB percentage, increasing the Award payment or changing the wording of benefits, and all the other changes that have been made. These changes as I have stated many times before, are welcomed changes. But to say that these changes are steps to bring the New Veterans Charter inline with the old act is not realistic. It's just not there, it's a tactic that the government uses to calm the waters as they continue to screw their disabled Canadian Veterans. These changes should never be thought of as the heart of the main problem we have within the Veterans file. The main problem is the long term security that was in place prior to the enacting of the New Veterans Charter. This security has been taken away from Canadian Veterans by it's government, the changes that have been taken place is a work around the problem tactic, that the government has successfully succeeded in making the government look like they are fairing well with the Veteran file, but the reality is while being successful at their tactics, the disabled Veterans are far more worse off, then the Veterans pre New Veterans Charter. Instead of the government tackling the main problem head on, they avoid it by working around the main problem, which will never fix the main problem, which will continuously create friction between the government and it's disabled Veterans. In my opinion the days of dialogue between the government and it's disabled Veterans are over, talking with this government will just aid in enhancing their tactics. We need to change the way we Veterans advocate, we need to use whatever means necessary to turn the table on those who seek to take away benefits that once gave us the security needed. It is really as simple as that, without it, the status quo will continue, that I can guarantee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 28 Sep 2017, 16:52

And let's not forget that SISIP was for life when I joined. And the $#%$@% took that away as well. I don't know how they could do that and not grandfather us in for that. Because many disabled vets will lose a lot of money at age 65. Their CF pension will be reduced as will their CPP if they were on CPP(D).
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard. Empty My take on how far Veterans should go in their protest to be heard.

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 08:55

I am referring in part to the Idea of using the Invictus Games as one means of public protest.

Those who oppose such actions are well within their rights, everyone should respect each others belief on the matter. I have been reading a lot of opinions from both sides of the issue, both have valid points in my view.

Here is my take on the subject,

How far should Veterans go to be heard? The answer for me is quite simple, as far as it takes!

No one wants to do harm or add stress to their fellow Veteran, but one needs to look at the history going back 11 years from the Liberals, and the Conservatives on the way in which they handled the Veterans file, to help them decide on how far to take their protest. In the eyes of most disabled Veterans, mostly those who are receiving benefits under the New Veterans Charter, what has transpired within the Veterans file in the past 11 years is the makings of a new system, (NVC), that is inferior to it's predecessor, the old pension act. One does not have to go very far to find the proof behind this assumption, the media has been all over this in reporting the problems that Veterans have with this New Charter since it's coming into force. The media has been helpful to all disabled Veterans, but the media itself will not, and has not worked in fixing the main problem. Veterans, and Veteran groups are divided on what is the best approach in fighting the government. Unity has all but taken a step in reverse, this does not help our cause.

The Liberal government has taken away our tax free pension for life, taken away the old pension act, which was all tax free. Now we see lots of benefits that are taxed, most stop at age 65, and the lump sum cannot even be put in the same category as the old tax free lifelong pension. This new charter is geared to spin into a system that may seem or give the impression that it falls inline with the old pension act, with some stating that gaps remain in the system that are, or should be addressed. We went from a lifelong tax free system, to a taxed system that most benefits stop at age 65. It's mind boggling to see or read of people stating that this new charter somehow reflects or is inline with the old pension act. The facts do not support it.

The New Veterans Charter is a work around the problem system, which will never be inline with the old pension act. What they are doing is producing large numbers of various benefits to give the impression that the New Charter is superior than it's predecessor, the old pension act. And quite frankly, it's working.

Make no mistake, it is the bureaucrats who are running the Veterans file, it is the Prime Minister, and the Minister of Veterans Affairs that allow the bureaucrats to run the Veterans file. That is the way it is. So if you were to ask me if we should be using public events such as the Invictus Games or any other public event to enlighten the public on what is actually happening within the Veterans file, I say go for it because the government uses these events as PR / Photo Ops, if nothing is protested, the government continues to win, and disabled Veterans lose. For those who say there's better ways to protest or to be heard, I'm all ears.

JMO    

Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum