Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life Time Pension "OPTION"

3 posters

Go down

Life Time Pension "OPTION" Empty Re: Life Time Pension "OPTION"

Post by Rubicon Mon 18 Dec 2017, 18:57

I second what Wildthing posted below with a few additions and I'm willing to eat my words if something different gets announced tomorrow,this week or before the next federal election. We already know none of the parties are held accountable for their election promises and I'm not wearing my rose coloured glasses as I type this so I don't expect another tearful announcement by JT this time about how the veteran has been mistreated since the NVC was adopted in 2006. There is a clear reason (by design) why the Liberal announcement was postponed for over the holiday period and not prior to parliament recessing last week. For the retired veteran do get whatever trades training you can with your "approved" rehabilitation including language lessons; Arabic comes to mind for some reason (sarcasm intended). For the veteran still serving ask yourself who really represents your best interests and would you be better served by a union? Military unions work in other countries and there is no reason one could not be implemented in the CAF as well. I'm planting this seed for a reason and it isn't treasonist; as Wildthing predicts "anarchy in the future if this government gets back into power." Nothing should be off the table in an effort to protect the rights of the serving veteran because as we all know; "they only love you while you're healthy and treat you like a second-class citizen once you are injured." IMO a unionized veteran upon retirement including medical release should be better protected than those under the current state of affairs. It just couldn't get worse, could it? Time will tell and nothing should be off the table moving forward ...

Rubicon ...
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Dec 2017, 05:01

I'm content with what I'm receiving am I owed more, for sure.
There is going to be a lot of veterans who will not qualify and will end up with nothing in the end.
Here is a word of advice for them pick a trade sutible for your condition and one that is high in demand always, and useable in both the US and Canada.
Reason being I predict anarchy in the future especially if this government gets back into power. Truthfully I don't see any of us having pension for life.
So those of us unable to work at any capacity we are truly disadvantaged.
I suggest you put that rehab system to work for you and take full advantage of it in technical fields and trades training.
Like I said teen there has to be serious reform and the government has to be willing to give up some of it's power for stability going forward or voting is a waste of time in my opinion. The next vote cannot be about what's in it for veterans it has to be about what's best for the country for the future and for Canadians. 1 million aids filled African, Somalians and other islamist in two year's to much for Canadians to except and to many to be properly screened and employed total collapse of social systems provincial and federal not mention future elections and unbiased stability within future government's. One thing we learned from this government is our system of government and past the post is seriously flawed!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 08 Dec 2017, 22:59

100% of release salary for life?  Yeah that's about as fair as the death benefit Nav.

A Sgt and a Pvt hit an IED and they each lose a leg and are both med released.  Same IED, same injury not the same payment.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Dec 2017, 21:48

This isn't about what is best for veterans , it's what is best for the ruling party and if the ruling party says hey any veteran disabled will get their release salary at 100 percent for life , the public will think that's an awesome benefit and anyone else in the civilian world would agree. As much as most of us on CSAT love JT there's not much more he could do. The only thing before JT was the ID cards the Tories wanted to hand out to all the homeless and financial devestated vets. At least JT raised the ELB to 90 percent. Cash in the pocket!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Dec 2017, 20:26

The government must be trotting off for Hollidays soon.
I don't see anything happening this year at least not anything good! or they would have been chomping at the bit to at least announce it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Dec 2017, 12:58

That wouldn't go over well would it, Legion bs if this happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:34

Losing CIA/Sup is a big blow as you are only gaining 10% on the ELB. I'd rather have my 90% until age 65 then drop to 70% and still collect my CAI and Sup as it still pays more in my case. If this is really the case, there will be vets getting less in the new deal. I'd lose over $600 take home.

Last edited by Armygunner on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 13:30; edited 1 time in total

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Life Time Pension "OPTION" Empty Life Time Pension "OPTION"

Post by Guest Fri 08 Dec 2017, 07:58

Here we go again!
Anybody heard anything besides what Nav posted.
Elb 100%
Cia/sup gone
PA grandfathered.
No word if elb/eelb will be tax free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down