Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entitlement

+12
Dannypaj
BinRat
sports1977
Nemo
AirLog
Newfie
By the Bay
propat
Rubicon
Teager
bigrex
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Entitlement - Page 4 Empty Re: Entitlement

Post by sports1977 Thu 10 May 2018, 13:58

For my Hearing i have 2/5 Entitlement, just recently been approved about 2 months ago.
Will that change this automatically to 4/5 or is this only done when someone appeal it.

If they do change it does that mean they will be sending another lump sum to people with Entitlement 1/5 , 2/5, and 3/5 if this is the direction they are going.

so in my case i was assess with 9% for my hearing but because i was 2/5 i only got 4%. Would this change my percentage to about 6% then.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 10 May 2018, 13:50

Is this just for those umder the NVC? I am 4/5 under the pension act so guess no benefit here for me.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 10 May 2018, 13:05

Thanks.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 10 May 2018, 11:44

Air log, 

The goal of the policy change has to do with Veteran’s Pension Entitlement calculations! Veterans who have partial entitlement of 1/5, 2/5 and 3/5 will graduate to 4/5th of their pension. I was told the goal was 4/5th but the final numbers have not come as of yet! So please use 4/5 as a hypothetical number! VRAB are still waiting for the final number but they are confident that it will stay 4/5th! So someone who currently receives 1/5 of 75% will be changed to 4/5 of 75%. That is VAC goal! To make the entitlement calculation more generous so Veterans won’t feel the need to Appeal! Side note: This VAC policy change will not change other benefits such as CIA, CIAS, etc that is under reassessment or VRAB Appeal....It is for Pension Entitlement calculations only.

Last edited by By the Bay on Mon 14 May 2018, 00:59; edited 1 time in total
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Entitlement - Page 4 Empty So What Does This Mean?

Post by AirLog Thu 10 May 2018, 10:45

Hi By the Bay,

What does this mean? More approved claims at the initial assessment? Yes to CIA and Supp?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Entitlement - Page 4 Empty Confirmation of Entitlement Changes

Post by By the Bay Thu 10 May 2018, 01:35

Entitlement - Page 4 Image15

I had shared this letter with a few trusted members in this forum that I knew were going through the
Entitlement appeals process. I was very hesitant if I should share and upload this letter for fear of ruffling a few feathers at the VAC office! Screw it....here you go!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 03 May 2018, 23:18

Newfie wrote:By the Bay.  When I put in a VRAB request, I sent it directly to VRAB in myVAC and was contacted via phone within 2 weeks. I then uploaded my supporting evidence and sent it directly to VRAB

Newfie,

Thank you for sharing that with me! I had a feeling it was taking longer than usual for this process! I should have been more vigilant and contact VRAB sooner! I was gullible to think that my CM was looking after things but she has drop the ball on a few things already! I kick myself for not listening to my gut and request a reassessment myself!
I will follow suit and contact VRAB via My VAC Account!

Thanks again,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 03 May 2018, 19:05

By the Bay. When I put in a VRAB request, I sent it directly to VRAB in myVAC and was contacted via phone within 2 weeks. I then uploaded my supporting evidence and sent it directly to VRAB

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 03 May 2018, 17:29

My CM requested a reassessment of my entitlement in January! I have not yet heard anything! No one from BPA has called me yet....
When I asked my CM for an update, she told me it may take a few months for VRAB to start my request! She said she would "look" into it! That was 3 weeks ago!
However if VRAB are changing their entitlement calculations would explain their BPA lack of communication. I guess we will have to wait and see!
Cheers,
By the By
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Wed 02 May 2018, 14:31

wow that's interesting . I have a 10% hearing disability . med docs show no hearing loss until after joining mortar plt then 10% disability all in right ear . then no reduction in hearing after I left mortar plt till release actually till my last hearing test 2-3 years ago and I'm guessing till this very day . got 1/5 th so all I got was a small buyout type check that was next to nothing . did the VRAB thing with a current test a 2-3 years back with a current test where the doc stated percussion damage definitely caused by service and should be granted a minimum of 4/5 ths . the VRAB denial stated they were not ignoring the medical evidence then went right on ahead and ignored it . reason for the denial was that I could not help them. WTF answered every question properly got the test they asked for WTF did they want !!!! anyhow hope this will change things for the better . somehow I doubt it . if not now biggie when I find some time and feel up to the task will have to finish the proses then sue . my suit will also include punitive damages against the board and the board members themselves . someone's got to do it I guess.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 01 May 2018, 10:20

Ahh seen. So it's a change to partial entitling claims only.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 01 May 2018, 10:04

Basically what I have heard, is that partial entitlements will automatically get 3/5 or 4/5, the actual numbers are being finalized. But basically you won't have Veterans having their service related disability claims arbitrarily reduced, based solely on personal opinions. I don't think a change like this would require a change to the legislation, just how it's applied, since the fifths system isn't technically being replaced.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Entitlement - Page 4 Empty Entitlement

Post by Rubicon Mon 30 Apr 2018, 23:37

I too have heard this news and have recently been encouraged by VRAB to request an entitlement reassessment of my 2/5ths rather than pursue a tribunal hearing this month (May). Apparently the fifths entitlement determination process is being tossed out and replaced with a better (read fairer) process. I don't as yet know the details on this but have received the paperwork to act upon the reassessment. This will be interesting to follow and potentially beneficial.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Mon 30 Apr 2018, 22:12

Do you know in what way they are changing the calculations? I don't see anything being increased unless legistlation is changed. Is the change for all benefits or just DA? I know you probably don't have many answers but if you can share any other details that would help.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Entitlement - Page 4 Empty Entitlement

Post by bigrex Mon 30 Apr 2018, 21:44

I received a message earlier, that VAC is in the process of changing the entitlement calculations, for the betterment of Veterans. Right now this is barely more than a rumour, IMO, but it's strong enough, that BPA are trying to delay upcoming VRAB entitlement hearings, to see if this comes to fruition. I was hesitant about posting this information, at this time, but I thought that everyone with a pending claim, or VRAB hearing, should know that there are possible changes coming in the near future. I don't know if this change would be on a going forward basis only, or if it would affect every partial entitling claim
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4