Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTSD service dog?

2 posters

Go down

PTSD service dog? Empty Re: PTSD service dog?

Post by DonnieD Mon 23 Jul 2018, 04:23

johnny211 wrote:Hi Donnie D- I would have thought Ont for its size would have more places to get ptsd dogs. My little grl Chili, has been great for me. I take her everywhere. And find petting her calms my anxiety lots. She is in tune with my ptsd. I belong to the OSSIS gp here. We have several dogs that come to gp. Some guys have paid a dog training company a few thousand to get there dogs.
    I was quite lucky, in the fact that we have a Retd Vietnam Vet, who was a dog handler over there. So he has helped with the training. I hope you find someplace. VVV...

Thanks for the reply. I was losing all hope and decided to just buy a puppy golden and it's been hell and he would flare up my ptsd completely but I ended up getting lucky and a somewhat good samaritan went out of their way to set up free service dog training for me. I really hope it works out, he's at his second stint at their training facility as we speak and there's still over a year of training for us both but the future is looking brighter.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 14 May 2018, 06:11

Hi Donnie D- I would have thought Ont for its size would have more places to get ptsd dogs. My little grl Chili, has been great for me. I take her everywhere. And find petting her calms my anxiety lots. She is in tune with my ptsd. I belong to the OSSIS gp here. We have several dogs that come to gp. Some guys have paid a dog training company a few thousand to get there dogs.
I was quite lucky, in the fact that we have a Retd Vietnam Vet, who was a dog handler over there. So he has helped with the training. I hope you find someplace. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

PTSD service dog? Empty PTSD service dog?

Post by DonnieD Sun 13 May 2018, 18:38

Does anyone know how to get on a waiting list for a PTSD dog. I've been searching for the past 3 years without any luck. Woundedwarriors is one of them and is also closed for registrations. Is there really no hope for us? I think a ptsd dog could do me wonders and better my life. I even reached out to american service dog places but it's a huge hassle because they require you to travel to the us with the dog every couple months.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down